• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

best one

• The Santa Clause 2

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • The Polar Express

Votes: 21 3.4%
  • Christmas with the Kranks

Votes: 16 2.6%
  • A Very Brady Christmas

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • A Christmas Story

Votes: 181 29.3%
  • Jack Frost

Votes: 10 1.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 376 60.9%

• Total voters

Amroth

Oct 27, 2017
p8937_p_v10_ag.jpg

Santa Claus: The Movie

This movie IS Christmas lore, it should be mandatory viewing for every child

Also the most anti-capitalist Christmas movie you'll ever see

The George C Scott version of A Christmas Carol

The 1984 TV version is the superior version of that story and I will die on that hill. Home Alone has to be up there too.

These are good posts. The only movies I have to watch every Christmas:

1. A Christmas Carol (1984)
2. Santa Claus: The Movie
3. Home Alone
4. Home Alone 2

Sep 13, 2022
National Lanpoons
Muppet Christmas
Home Alone

It's always in the top 3, sometimes different orders but this is the order it's been for the majority of my life.

shivalice

Sep 24, 2023
This poll though…….. 🤨

My own picks:

Tokyo Godfathers
Black Christmas
Krampus
It's a Wonderful Life
White Christmas
Charlie Brown Christmas (mostly for the soundtrack)

I might include Die Hard and Home Alone, but I get tired of watching the same thing over and I've watched both a million times because my oldest brother likes them so much.

Shop Around the Corner might also make the list. I remember really liking it when I was younger, but haven't re-watched it in years.

Maquiladora

Nov 16, 2017
Elf.

The Die Hard stuff is so tiresome now. Shouldn't we have moved onto something else like Batman Returns or Lethal Weapon.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Of your horrible list, it's Christmas Story by a mile. Of all time? It's either that or National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

GreenMamba

Oct 25, 2017
national-lampoons-christmas-vacation-where-are-they-now-220916.jpg

Christmas Vacation is an institution in my family. Basically everyone from my grandma on down can quote the entire film from front to back.

"He worked really hard, grandma."
"So do washing machines."

winjet81

Oct 27, 2017
Where's Elf?

A Christmas movie with triple threat legends of James Caan, Ed Asner and Bob Newhart given zero respect.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
The best Christmas movies is Scrooge imo (1951 Christmas Carol adaptation starring Alastair Sim).

otBxZLW.png

Home Alone 1/2 are close behind, honourable mentions to Die Hard, Muppets Christmas Carol, Batman Returns and the 70s Finney musical of Christmas Carol too

The 1984 TV version is the superior version of that story and I will die on that hill. Home Alone has to be up there too.

You're both wrong. It's the 1999 version with Patrick Stewart (also has Richard E Grant as the best Cratchit)
MKBjKSd.jpg

DeadDuck144

One Winged Slayer
Jan 16, 2020
Muppet's Christmas Carol is the best movie ever made.

Home Alone, Home Alone 2, Jingle All the Way, How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the Ron Howard/Jim Carrey one) round out the top five Christmas movies.

Klaus and Spirited are the two modern contenders. The Snowman (Bowie) and Olive the Other Reindeer honorable mention.