Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
With Sarada getting an awful new design for the bad Boruto manga, and the Minato one shot manga surprisingly having equal focus on Kushina, I thought about this.

Funnily enough how opposite they are, Ikemoto is so bad for Sarada, but the Kushina stuff in the One Shot was great and really reinforced her as one of the series better female characters, which is funny considering she is fully a backstory character. But thats how it goes in Shonen some times, lol

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Chiyo

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Temari. She's badass and her relationship with Shikamaru is easily the best in the series. Too bad we have to rely on a couple of one-off filler episodes to actually see Temari in Part 2.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
You know, Rin was a medic/support character, which I know isn't the most empowering thing ever, but she at least always had Kakashi's and Obito's backs. Compare her to Sakura, who had a serious personality problem and was unnecessarily mean to Naruto and unhealthily obsessed with Sasuke for what was originally superficial reasons, and she's heads and shoulders above her.

Sakura was really good for one arc exactly which was the Gaara Rescue arc. I was so psyched to see the direction of her character after that, and Kishimoto never gave her a good fight again. Damn.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Anko and Temari.

I'll give a special shout-out to Ino. In my last watch of Naruto I realized she is much better character than I ever realized. And fuck Naruto for costing her that match she clearly won in the Chunin Exams.

MarcelloF

"This guy are sick"
Dec 9, 2020
I think Ten Ten is the only one who's life doesn't revolve around a man and she's barely in the series to be written terribly, so I guess her.

Nisaba

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I always liked Tsunade.

Watching her beat up Orochimaru was so satisfying. And then, leading the village well after.

Chiyo was cool too.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Sarada looks badass so I don't understand the hate.

I always liked Temari a lot. She was cool. Anko getting fat is also so absurd that it's just funny. Like why lol.

Oct 26, 2017
I was thinking real hard on this like....there has to be one woman that isn't defined by a man, right? Hell, even Tsunade's history is all about a dude and a little dude.

I'm only about 90 episodes into Boruto, but I think it has to be Sarada...

The one who's entire character doesn't revolve around the man/men in her life.
Yeah, this. Whomever that one is.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Hear me out. Sarada has so much potential.
-By the rules established by shounen she's gonna be the first Uchiha hokage
-She's the 🐐 in terms of natural power potential. Boruto needed a ridiculous alien related hack, and idk that other teammate's backstory but he seems to be the result of an experiment.
-Character arc wise, she has the most potential
-She's the 🐐 when it comes to fight scenes that capture the feeling of the OG

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoyyND2_3fM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srtMTfh4e4M

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
Hear me out. Sarada has so much potential.
-By the rules established by shounen she's gonna be the first Uchiha hokage
-She's the 🐐 in terms of natural power potential. Boruto needed a ridiculous alien related hack, and idk that other teammate's backstory but he seems to be the result of an experiment.
-Character arc wise, she has the most potential
-She's the 🐐 when it comes to fight scenes that capture the feeling of the OG

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoyyND2_3fM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srtMTfh4e4M

Well GOAT officially doesn't mean anything anymore.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's probably Sarada. The bar is low but she does some pretty cool stuff in the anime

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
The minato chapter being mostly about Kushina was a pleasant surprise.

I like Hinata the most even if she was wholly defined by her love for Naruto.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Hinata could have been, but like most characters was defined by an obsession with the main character and then ultimately becomes a housewife. I guess she was the chi-chi of Naruto :S
No idea about Boruto. Its not even written by the same guy and is a sequel. OP kinda said Naruto so im guessing its not including that.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
That's not entirely true, Kishimoto has been writing the manga since volume 14.

I dunno if that makes it viable for me when the end of Naruto was already so unappealing and it seems hard to turn Boruto into something id care to read.
If im wrong and it turned around into something really interesting then that would be something. Maybe the people saying Chiyo are right, because Tsunade often felt more like she was just there to lose fights.

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
When I was in high school, Tenten was my waifu.
I waited for her to get some kind of big fight, but Kishimoto did me dirty. The only victory I've had as a Tenten fan outside of her designs is the one time her pre time skip version was busted in one of the Naruto Storm games.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Temari since she's the only one who's existence doesn't seem to revolve around a romantic interest. Sure she gets with Shikamaru but that's just a thing that happens with her, though I don't know if she went on to just be a housewife like what seems to be all the other women in the manga.

Also, that one shot with Minato was garbage. People out here praising Kushina for being used as literally just another 'you need to find love' trope of a woman whose end goal is to find a man? And this whole vessel shit had super creepy subtext of her only purpose being to be pregnant or "carry something inside her". Thought that whole thing was just bizarre.