• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ohto

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will keep an eye on this thread and hope to manage to snag a key sometime during the day, really wanna test this game and give feedback as a Battlefield Vet.

"I've been a veteran of the series since 1942 you know!? I fought in ALL the games!"

I miss the Veteran rewards they used to give :(

Was it BF3 when they gave them the last time? Garand etc.

Of course, nowadays most of the "veterans" started with console and BC2 so I can understand why they ended it.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
My first match was rougher than rough lol, respawned without any HUD or indicators then died and couldn't spawn at all.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
This is super buggy. Alpha and all, but it's hard to play if the game is glitching you out and not letting you spawn.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
really liking it, sometimes my arm doesnt come out when i go down so i just scream but overall no issues for me.

100% need a squad tho

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
I miss the Veteran rewards they used to give :(

Was it BF3 when they gave them the last time? Garand etc.

Of course, nowadays most of the "veterans" started with console and BC2 so I can understand why they ended it.
Actually, I think it was BFBC2 that gave out a Garand. Battlefield 3 was when the Veteran program was slowly being killed off, like not showing the Veteran rank ingame. I think it was around BF4 when the Veteran program died completely.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
That was a long ass amazing match of Conquest. We were so close. Ended 0-5. Incredible stuff.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, almost 30 minutes trying to find a single match and nothing yet, every server is full and quickmatch is not working :(

Brink

Dec 18, 2017
Is there any character customisation in the Alpha? Really curious what it's like.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Sorry, PS4 player here. Where is everyone preordering Battlefield 5? I can't preorder on Amazon and I don't want a temp charge on my account and I wanna play the beta when it releases.

Deleted member 2913

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

Here's a post about matchmaking from ingame.... can't even read it clearly lol

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
just got done with a game of grand operations. definitely feels different to bf1. felt quite a bit slower paced to me. might just be the game mode though, i dont play bf games for anything other than conquest mode so ill reserve judgement until after i get some time into cq. performance,

6600k @ 4ghz
16gb ddr 4 3200
gtx 1070
1440p

hovering right around 60fps with dips into the 50s. no graphics options to tinker with outside of fov though.

Deleted member 2913

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I get into a game now, everyone's standing still and it DCs after a few seconds. womp womp

I guess on the plus side, queue times seem faster for me now lol

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got in a match, in 2 minutes already got stuck in the deploy screen. Hell of a start.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Little thing I found: There's a server browser in the game. Just click the very faded icon in the bottom right of the quick play button for either Grand Operations or Conquest.

Chances are, you'll simply just see a handful of very, very full servers. That's also why matchmaking is taking forever. They are all at capacity until someone leaves.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone report about performance with an i5 6600k and 970? Is it still possible to get a locked 60 at max settings?

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
Stream

Had time to quickly check it out. A few notes, map layout: the map looks relatively small. Get BC 2 vibes from the style of the flag placement and it seems like each side get two deploy points.

Another note: Flag capture is way way too quick.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
can't find a proper server since 20 minutes.

Probably why (in bold)...

Little thing I found: There's a server browser in the game. Just click the very faded icon in the bottom right of the quick play button for either Grand Operations or Conquest.

Chances are, you'll simply just see a handful of very, very full servers. That's also why matchmaking is taking forever. They are all at capacity until someone leaves.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
just got done with a game of grand operations. definitely feels different to bf1. felt quite a bit slower paced to me. might just be the game mode though, i dont play bf games for anything other than conquest mode so ill reserve judgement until after i get some time into cq. performance,

6600k @ 4ghz
16gb ddr 4 3200
gtx 1070
1440p

hovering right around 60fps with dips into the 50s. no graphics options to tinker with outside of fov though.

That sounds good to me bf1 felt too fast (and a bit too cod like). I plan on upgrading my PC for this game.

Oct 25, 2017
Could you please expand on what you don't like?
The game is fantastic. If they had something to say it'd be more than a negative drive-by post. Ammo scarcity is great for discouraging sniper camping, death feels truly punishing, the spawn system is hugely improved, weapons and aiming feel much more precise and responsive than I'm used to. The visuals are incredible for how well the game runs.

Of course the bugs and network issues are to be expected during a closed alpha and that stuff has been sorted out pretty well in this franchise over the last few entries. Nothing but praise from me this time around.

Deleted member 10193

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh. I have every Battlefield, including Battlefield Premium, I have thousands of hours logged and I never get invites to alphas or betas, obviously all the "influencers" get a key.