Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
So... they reduced the recoil? That's lame

It does take couple of bullets more to kill enemy.
😔

As someone who was skeptical of BFV's faster TTK and generally prefers higher TTK in games but ended up really liking how this game does it that's lame. Also just boosts snipers even more

If you are trying to use close range weapons like the Suomi at longer ranges you'll notice, but mostly I haven't noticed.

I use the M1 Garand, STG44, and MP40 as my main guns and I've only noticed a general reduction in recoil for all of them. I can still kill just as quickly (maybe slightly more quickly now at their target ranges).
But stuff like the Suomi was already outclassed at longer ranges.

Also why would they reduce the recoil??? Who complained about that?

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The TTK changes don't seem as bad as I was expecting. It definitely takes more bullets to kill, even close up, but as a SMG medic I did the same or better than I normally do. I'm fine with the nerf at longer ranges, and they've already talked about undoing the short range nerfs, so w/e.

The big prob is the auto spotting, yeesh. At best it's overbearing, at worst it's broken. I saw the icon pop up on enemies fully behind cover or around corners or through smoke that I otherwise would not have seen. I also got a TON of kills on prone enemies because of it.

*Red icon shows up*

Oh i guess i should shoot over here now

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Oh fuck I forgot about the automatic spotting

Such a batshit insane decision, well glad I got two weeks of play into this game before it was made much worse

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've been wanting to get back in but haven't played since launch month. Anything I should know? I guess they've added...auto spotting...? What?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I've been wanting to get back in but haven't played since launch month. Anything I should know? I guess they've added...auto spotting...? What?
Added auto spotting even through smoke (and on doritos too, not just the minimap) reduced recoil around the board and drastically increased TTK on some guns despite the community at large not being a fan of the changes with no test server to test it on.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Also why is this patch 31gb and why does my shitty ps4 say I need to clear more space when I have over 100gb free

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
I have been playing the game for only 2 weeks and the changes feel really.....bad? Even for a complete beginner. The weapons somehow don't feel good to shoot anymore.
Bummer.
Went from doing rather fine (for a newcomer, okayish K/D and more or less "useful" to my team) to not being able to kill anybody before getting sniped in the head by more experienced players. Can't really see how this patch makes the game more beginner friendly.
Zero kills in all of today's matches (coming from around 15 on average).
I feel like the patch favors two kinds of players: pros who can consistently land headshots with sniper rifles and people who ignore their team and the objective, just run in as close as possible and unload a while clip into you.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
They did.

StG at mid to long range now feels like a pea shooter. Barely any recoil control and just laying into people until they go down.

Some vids of the changes:
FG-42 https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e6ildg/look_the_the_state_of_the_fallschirmjägergewehr/
Suomi https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/e6iq7w/love_the_new_ttk_irony/
I have been playing the game for only 2 weeks and the changes feel really.....bad? Even for a complete beginner. The weapons somehow don't feel good to shoot anymore.
Bummer.
Went from doing rather fine (for a newcomer, okayish K/D and more or less "useful" to my team) to not being a le to kill anybody before getting snipes in the head by more experienced players. Can't really see how this patch makes the game more beginner friendly.
Zero kills in all of today's matches (coming from around 15 on average)
Thisisfine.jpg

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
That's not the point, the core community didn't want the changes but DICE justified them by saying it makes it easier for people to jump in when that's clearly not the case.

Also they finally added vehicle sabotage to the game which is the one good thing about the patch. It was in the last like 5 games at launch but ya know

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
Added auto spotting even through smoke (and on doritos too, not just the minimap) reduced recoil around the board and drastically increased TTK on some guns despite the community at large not being a fan of the changes with no test server to test it on.
Is that a bug or what?

So how is the game now? Reading about "horrible TTK" makes me want to jump back in again. Sounds like my kind of slower TTK.
Semi autos can still double tap, as far as I know.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Stop playing FPS

Or its the auto spotting so no hiding anymore

Edit: i mean 0 kills common, try to move

Did I say something wrong?
I expect to grow accustomed to the changes but right now, the main difference I feel is that I went from actually being useful to my team (even as a beginner) to just being (literal) dead weight. The kill count itself doesn't interest me, it's the sudden change that's feels noticeable imo.
I wouldn't mind it that much if the reason for the patch would not seem to be to make the game more accessible to people like me, who are still learning the game.

(I am moving, I just don't know the maps well enough right now to do so effectively. It's getting better tho)

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Is that a bug or what?

Semi autos can still double tap, as far as I know.
Who knows

No test server so 🤷‍♂️

Really the auto spotting was always a terrible idea. It also displays the class, amount of health and direction they're facing in.

Glad one of the best things of BFV (reduction in spotting especially 3D spotting) is getting fucking ruined for no reason.

kratos2412

Nov 3, 2018
Germany
Did I say something wrong?
I expect to grow accustomed to the changes but right now, the main difference I feel is that I went from actually being useful to my team (even as a beginner) to just being (literal) dead weight. The kill count itself doesn't interest me, it's the sudden change that's feels noticeable imo.
I wouldn't mind it that much if the reason for the patch would not seem to be to make the game more accessible to people like me, who are still learning the game.

(I am moving, I just don't know the maps well enough right now to do so effectively. It's getting better tho)

Which game mode are u playing and how you ended up going from 15 average kills to 0 after the patch?

I need more details

Deleted member 45460

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 27, 2018
zero issues with btk changes so far. guns made for long range work better long range, smg's and auto rifles still great at close to mid.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Which game mode are u playing and how you ended up going from 15 average kills to 0 after the patch?

I need more details

Mainly Conquest and Breakthrough.
I'm still coming to terms with aiming and mostly got by by aiming for the body (not optimal, I know) with the Breda and playing the support roles for the other guys in my team that clearly knew better about where to go and how to flank.
I'm trying to go for the head, but it's a struggle ;)
I'm bad at aiming (for now) but I'm good at spotting enemies so I usually just edged them out by one or two shots - which are now not enough anymore.
Maybe it was just bad luck today, Im not on a level to really judge the effects of the patch - and I don't really care that much, the game is still fun to me and as I have no real skills to "unlearn", I guess I'll adapt to the changes just fine. Just giving my subjective impressions here as one of the newbies the patch is supposedly aimed at.
Sry if this comes off as whining, maybe I shouldn't have said anything in hindsight.

Last edited:

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
No, im just downloading the game again to test. I gotta see it myself

Nah, I probably just suck at this moment XD
I assume anybody with experience (and who doesn't scrap by with "one bullet more and I would have been dead" - kills) will have wildly different impression.
I guess the patch kinda forces some of the guns to be used more like they were intended to (?) , but that doesn't necessarily translate well to us beginners who already don't know what we are doing.
I guess for the rest it's more of a unnecessary nuisance.

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The automatic spotting thing, basically didn't even notice it.

Maybe it's just my play style or I the fact there was a lot of smoke around during the few rounds I played but it doesn't bother me that much.

Getting points for shooting down flares? I like this.

The "You are spotted" thing, don't mind that. Will have to see how it affects play style over the longer term. Will players be more cautious/campy once they know they are spotted? We'll have to see.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I'd agree that the FG42 should be balanced more like an AR than an SMG he is also engaging at distances that the current balancing isn't designing the weapon for.

The FG42 seems like the big bad point of these balance changes, everything else seems fine.

This just something I fundamentally disagree about, I don't think any gun should be putting that many rounds into people and not taking them down regardless of what they are 'designed for'. It just feels bad, especially coming from the original punchy TTK that felt great. If they want to pidgeonhole guns into specific ranges then do it by recoil patters and spread, but don't make them basically useless outside of a 'sweet spot'. It just leads to rock-paper-scissors gameplay where you come up against guys and whoever has the better weapon for that exact distance/situation wins, or you don't engage and just keep running around until you are in the perfect situation, which is what BF1 was and what I was afraid this would turn into.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
This just something I fundamentally disagree about, I don't think any gun should be putting that many rounds into people and not taking them down regardless of what they are 'designed for'. It just feels bad, especially coming from the original punchy TTK that felt great. If they want to pidgeonhole guns into specific ranges then do it by recoil patters and spread, but don't make them basically useless outside of a 'sweet spot'. It just leads to rock-paper-scissors gameplay where you come up against guys and whoever has the better weapon for that exact distance/situation wins, or you don't engage and just keep running around until you are in the perfect situation, which is what BF1 was and what I was afraid this would turn into.
Yeah like I already thought stuff like how the Assault class works was good

If I was running around in CQC hipfiring I'm gonna use the M1907 or whatever that automatic gun is. If I saw someone in long range I would either hold off or if they were by themselves I could control my firing to tap away at them and still pull off decent damage/a kill but if I was getting frustrated at the recoil/magazine size/spread for long range I'd just switch to the M1 Garand and ping away at all ranges.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
Tested a bit on a round of frontlines on Devastation. The LS26 is dead and buried, the Bren feels off, the MP40 feels more or less the same, the Type 100 seems OP.

Did'nt like what i played one bit.

As for the idea that theses changes are to push people to play a wider variety of guns ? Of the 20 times i've been killed, it was one Sten, one KE7 (both by apparently newbies) and 18 times by Type 100s. Yeah. Don't think it's working Dice...

Gunztrix

Oct 28, 2017
Guys I was for this update!

But now... The game feels bad.. I hate to say it. I find myself having to use almost a whole clip before I kill one person. Essentially my primary feels like a secondary.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't use the minimap a ton before but I guess it's going to be mandatory going forward. It's insane that you can see the direction enemies are facing. Why??

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Played for a bit. Not minding the changes. Just using the correct gun for the right situation.
Need to play more to get a proper feel.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't use the minimap a ton before but I guess it's going to be mandatory going forward. It's insane that you can see the direction enemies are facing. Why??
Yep, from the footage I saw it's a combination of bf4's spotting (direction enemies facing on minimap)+bf1's spotting (3D spotting, spotting through smoke/objects, enemy healthbar). Holy hell.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, from the footage I saw it's a combination of bf4's spotting (direction enemies facing on minimap)+bf1's spotting (3D spotting, spotting through smoke/objects, enemy healthbar). Holy hell.

That + the TTK nerf makes it feel like the Division. Not even joking.

Needing 7 bullets from an STG to kill a guy across a large room feels like shit.

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
And we'll probably be stuck with this for a while until they decide to revert everything back after the Holiday Season. Theyll make a big post about it and hearing our opinions. Then theyll expect everyone to give them a big pat on the back for "listening to the community"

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
How do I circumvent the main menu UI bug to play on PS4

Edit: got it I think

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017
At least the Tank's MG feels like it packs more of a punch.

BFV feels like BF1 zerging all over again instead of smart play

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Used the Model 8 SLR for a daily and it feels great, not looking forward to trying other guns

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
With this changes BFV will not be played again anytime soon... i absolutely loved the game until today...
These spotting system changes and most of all the TTK adjustments will have huge consequences for the game and put off longtime fans from playing the game in the long run.

Abysmal update.