• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Let's try and get this discussion and thread back on track by laying out a few ground rules.

It's fine to have differing opinions on the trailer and presentation of Battlefield V.

What isn't okay is defending the exclusion of female characters on grounds of historical accuracy. Doing so will get you banned for sexism. We aren't messing around with people trying to use their ignorance of history to defend their bigoted views.

AfraidTerribleHomalocephale-max-14mb.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Way cooler than i expected. Wow. The beginning was somewhat confusing, but I am sold.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
I-dont-believe-you.gif

I will have to see some live gameplay cause that right there looked like a load of heavily scripted material. The character movements, the moment-to-moment "gameplay", the voice quips feeling a bit too acted, all of that looked really off.

Last edited:

jem

Oct 25, 2017
That did nothing for me.

Really dislike the less serious vibe. What the hell was with that claw arm?

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Hot damn. High power rounds piercing through that house is going to be awesome!
No more premium pass is great.

Day one for me

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Holy shit, is that real graphics? I almost don't believe it.

Holy shit.

It's a good thing Xbox got the One X or this whole deal would have been untenable, that would have had to be 500P to run on a vanilla Xbox One.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Looked kind of fun to watch but the setting doesn't really do much for me. Will still check out the multiplayer reveal though.

Oct 25, 2017
Game is coming out this year

and gameplay is literally in 2 weeks.

Some of yall saying this is Killzone 2 all over again in the stream thread, smh

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There were some weird animations there. Not that they looked bad, just that they looked a bit scripted.

I'm possibly wrong about that though.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017

goldenageoftelevision

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
After seeing how fast dice abandoned bf2 im not buying any game again from then.

Also they still didn't fix the awful dlc performance from battlefield 1

Foxtastical

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a weird ass different take on WW2, so colorful and shit. I'm okay with something different. I don't need to simply play this gen's 1942 and Day of Defeat.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Loved Battlefield 1. I'm in for Battlefield 5.

Do we know if Operations is back?

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
Not this again. We went over it since Battlefront 1 lol.
Oh the Battlefront 1 reveal I believed, but this isn't "oh my god the graphics looks too CG!"

It's how the so called "gameplay" was portrayed, I've seen this before in my 15+ years following videogame news and this felt very familiar in terms of "none of that will actually happen when you play."