BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
69 meta and some reviewers were saying it would be one of the higher rated Xbox exclusives

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
Review threads for Game Pass games feels weird. I mean 5/10, 7/10, 8.5/10...it all seems pretty irrelevant for a Game Pass game. I'm sure it's not a huge download. Is anyone here not going to try it because of bad reviews?
That's the cool thing about gamepass games for me. It makes review scores and metacritic itself pretty much useless. Why would I bother seeing what others think, when I can just try it out myself?

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Pleasantly surprised that the game seems to of turned out pretty well/better than expected. Will check it out this weekend.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Id be happy with a 70+ given the scope of the game

That said online coop is just easy money and it makes no sense that it wasnt included

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
Review threads for Game Pass games feels weird. I mean 5/10, 7/10, 8.5/10...it all seems pretty irrelevant for a Game Pass game. I'm sure it's not a huge download. Is anyone here not going to try it because of bad reviews?
I get your point that from a gamepass user perspective it really doesn't matter, but people can still buy the game, so if it's the case you can still be aware of any problems or praises before hand.

k0decraft

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
Not feeling the fact the devs added film grain to a game that is so clean from and art direction.

Leave the film grain to the gritty cinematic games fellow devs.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
You can still buy the game too :P

And it's also on Steam, which doesn't have Game Pass.

For sure, but you could just sub for a month of Game Pass and try it...and the dozen other games coming in August...for like a fraction of the price of the game itself. I'm not saying we shouldn't have these threads, but that reviews seem less relevant for a game that, if you averaged out the number of games and what a person pays for Game Pass every month, probably works out to like $1 or less per game...if that makes sense. Like is this a 5/10 $1 game or a 5/10 $30 game?

Dragoncaine

Jun 5, 2019
Pretty positive reactions so far from what I'm seeing despite the early MC score, but no online co-op is unforgivable. Wtf

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020

For sure, but you could just sub for a month of Game Pass and try it...and the dozen other games coming in August...for like a fraction of the price of the game itself. I'm not saying we shouldn't have these threads, but that reviews seem less relevant for a game that, if you averaged out the number of games and what a person pays for Game Pass every month, probably works out to like $1 or less per game...if that makes sense. Like is this a 5/10 $1 game or a 5/10 $30 game?

I mean, yeah? Even if you have Game Pass, not everyone has unlimited time and tries everything. Lots of people still get Game Pass but don't download everything and only download stuff they think looks good or that they read about is good.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seems generally positive, with a few outliers. Good or bad it should make for a fun weekend afternoon play.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017

maybe it can just be judged on its merits as a video game and what it's trying to achieve

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
It's weird a game that never had online would get it in the neck for not having it when other games, dropped it with no issue.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I just don't understand how this is getting a pass for not having online co-op. Knights and Bikes has online coop. How does this not?!

It's what I subtracted the most points for. I think this game would've been a lot of fun with co-op. The toads have potential to create combos off each other. Such a miss!

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
maybe it can just be judged on its merits as a video game and what it's trying to achieve

Absolutely, but they are still consumer products that people do pay money for. Like I would expect more out of a game that costs $120 than I would one that costs $3. I'm not saying that both games cant be 10/10 or 5/10 games, but you definitely have to weigh certain aspects differently.

My point is just, as a conversation starter, if you're reviewing this game, do you review it as a $30 game, (I'm just guessing that's the price, I can't seem to actually find it), or do you review it as a $1 game that people have already paid for? I get that the idea is to just review what you liked or didn't like about the game, but price has to factor somewhere into any review of consumer products, and how is that weighed when reviewing a game like this, or any game that comes day one to game pass, or any similar service?

Last edited:

Prime2

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand how this is getting a pass for not having online co-op. Knights and Bikes has online coop. How does this not?!

It's not getting a pass it's basically in every review and seems to be why it's not higher scored in some of those. Though I doubt they go back and change their scores when it gets added

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
That's the cool thing about gamepass games for me. It makes review scores and metacritic itself pretty much useless. Why would I bother seeing what others think, when I can just try it out myself?
Time is still a factor. I want to know if I should give it a try or the many other things that are on there.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Wait no online? That's a massive bummer. Me and my brother always look forward to playing the next new beat em up together. Guess I'll play it to unlock the Sea of Thieves stuff and if I like it enough play the rest.

Jan 4, 2018

(8/10)

(7/10)

www.onemoregame.com.au

Review - Battletoads - One More Game

Spread the loveThe story of the Battletoads begins in 1991 where the well-established Rare (formally Rareware) jumped on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles bandwagon to create games that the turtles could call its rival. The Battletoads would not shy away from imitating...
(8/10)

www.denofgeek.com

Battletoads Review: Rocks Harder Than the Original's Pause Music

The return of Battletoads is well worth the wait. I guess you are what you eat because this game's absolutely fly.
(4,5/5)

www.mkaugaming.com

Battletoads (2020) - Review | MKAU Gaming

Since the very first game released on the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1991, Battletoads quickly became an iconic franchise that somehow has still remained relevant today, despite not having a new release in 26 years since Battletoads Arcade released in 1994. Unfortunately the series was...
(4,5/5)

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
PlybKvD.gif

francium87

Oct 27, 2017
The list of games this gen Xbox getting significant points docked due to bugs at release, though fixed later:

Quantum Break (PC version performance)
Recore (loading time was it? as well as missing content)
SoD2 (jank)
Battletoads (no online)

Truly doing all games as services...unintentionally
And they were going to ship Halo without Raytracing...

Back to the game, I've seen enough good things, ironically the brawling part is the most received? Will play it on gamepass

iareec

Banned
Jul 19, 2020
A lot of mixed opinions, still it's a good game for Game Pass users.
Edit: I expected around 80 but I see a lot of 50 and 80 mixed.