• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Announced at Game Awards.

Bayonetta 3
Switch exclusive. Only a CG video so far, no gameplay.

Thanks to Atheerios. Bayo 3 is pretty much exclusive like Bayo 2. Nintendo is publishing it.
uwZj6R9.png

Bayonetta 1 & 2
Releases February 16, 2018 in NA & Europe, February 17 in Japan. Only Bayo 2 is physical, Bayo 1 will be an included digital download worldwide.

New Features for Bayonetta 2 on the Switch
As Bayonetta 2 comes to the Nintendo Switch, it's picking up a few extra features!

Local wireless cooperative play
The previously online-only coop Tag Climax is going local! Team up with a friend to take it on – online or off.
amiibo support
Bayonetta 2 for Nintendo Switch will support amiibo, including the Bayonetta amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series.

Video capture support
Record gameplay videos, starting up to thirty seconds before you press the capture button. Share videos from your Switch's Album to Facebook and Twitter to show the world your skills!

https://www.platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/9737

Pricing
Players who purchase the game in stores at a suggested retail price of $59.99 will receive a free download code for the original Bayonetta game. Consumers looking to purchase the digital versions of the games for Nintendo Switch can do so via Nintendo eShop or Nintendo.com.
*The digital version of Bayonetta 2 can be purchased in Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch for $49.99, with the option to also then purchase the digital version of the original Bayonetta game for $9.99. However, if players choose to download the standalone digital version of Bayonetta first, they will pay $29.99, with the option to then get the digital version of Bayonetta 2 for an additional $29.99.

Japan and Europe get a special edition of Bayonetta 1 & 2. The set includes Bayonetta 1+2 in a steelbook case, 22 art cards and three sets of stickers. Coming February 17.
The Japanese version will contain physical carts for Bayo 1 and Bayo 2. The European version will only have a physical Bayo 2, and Bayo 1 will be a digital download.

CI_NSwitch_Bayonetta2_SpecialEdition_enGB_mediaplayer_large.jpg

QCRKDdI.jpg

ePhXEs6.jpg

Thanks to MysticDistance for the info.

Last edited:

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, that I was not expecting. Fingers crossed a Wonderful 101 port is in the pipeline, too!

Maiden Voyage

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You need to embrace the Oxford comma.

Edit: This made more sense before the title of the thread was changed.

Last edited:

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT.

Old hairstyle too? My god this is too perfect.

Last edited:

Procholiday

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So psyched about this, I was happy about 1 and 2 coming to the Switch. I even tweeted "buy 1 and 2 so they make a third!" and then they announced Bayonetta 3.

Niceguydan8

Nov 1, 2017
HOLY SHIT.

I thought Nintendo knocked it out of the park dropping the Zelda DLC tonight but they ALSO announce Bayonetta 3 as an exclusive?

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking love Bayonetta. I bought a Wii U for Bayo 2 and I'm buying a Switch for this.

I'm so happy

Status
Not open for further replies.