• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
In a chat with Inside Games Inaba says we can expect to see more of Bayonetta 3 soon, which saw a "change in design process" according to an interview with VideoGamesChronicle last May.
Inaba and PlatinumGames president Kenichi Sato both confirmed that announcements are on the way from the studio in 2020, both big and small. Coming off this year's surprising hit Astral Chain, the studio already has two more games in the works and doesn't seem to be showing signs of slowing down.

"Last year, we said that 2019 would be a year where the curtain rises for a new stage for PlatinumGames," Sato says. "We're a bit late on that, but I believe we'll have several big announcements to deliver early in the new year, so please look forward to that."

Last edited:

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
NegligibleZestyHarpseal-size_restricted.gif

I was already expecting a Nintendo Direct to wrap up the last of the Smash DLC news on time.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
It's time

I won't get my hopes up for the next Direct
E3 though.......

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Bayo 3 and Nier Automata.
I'm so sad Xenoblade X is missing to recreate some awesome January Direct like in 2013.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Part of me was like "If these motherfuckers say next week in game magazines..." when I clicked on this thread.

But yeah, I guess it'll probably be in a Direct (Which I'm sure will have been echoed a couple dozen times by the time I fimish typing this)

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think this is what they said at all.

Here's the siliconera link

The above quoted is Siliconera's take, not what P* said.
you're right, looks like usgamer is jumping the gun. here's the google translation of the thing they're referring to:
President and CEO Kenichi Sato
Happy New Year.

Looking back at 2019, we were able to successfully launch the completely original new action game `` ASTRAL CHAIN '' for the first time in 6 years since the release of `` The Wonderful 101 '', and it was released in 2017 I think it was a big topic that NieR: Automata's cumulative worldwide shipments and DL sales exceeded 4 million. All of this is thanks to the support of our users and we take this opportunity to thank them.

Last year, we promised that 2019 would be "the beginning of a new stage for Platinum Games." It's a bit late, but I hope you can get some big news early in the new year, so stay tuned. I always keep this promise (laughs).

This is the year of the Tokyo Olympics. I think the whole world will pay attention to Japan. Platinum Games, as Japan's leading game studio, will run at full speed again this year in pursuit of the user's "smile" so that it can be noticed by users all over the world.
Director Studio Head / Atsushi Inaba
I am very pleased that Platinum Games is entering a new year in the game industry where competition is every year.This year is expected to be a year in which news of various sizes will be released in rapid succession.As new challenges continue for myself and as a company, I want to do my best.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
We are sorry to say, Bayonetta 3 was cancelled...

J/K, prolly a direct and a 2020 release then.
my body is ready!

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they initially went for a model change with 3, inspired by God of War, and then decided to go back and make Bayonetta 2-2. Then again, God of War came out last April so maybe it's vice versa.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it seems like usgamer pretty much made up the headline, as PG didn't say anything about bayo 3 to Inside Games. i've asked for the thread to be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.