DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
will update with more as I find them

View: https://youtu.be/tbxKlwMHg7E

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16QySNBhS_Y

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lStYAl7Z9Tg

www.youtube.com

PAX 2022 Bayonetta 3 Preview | But Why Tho?

Our Editor-in-Chief Kate was lucky enough to get some hands-on time with Bayonetta 3!Follow Kate: https://twitter.com/OhMyMithrandirSee our other Bayonetta 3...

www.youtube.com

Bayonetta 3 Preview - Noisy Pixel

Read the full preview here: https://noisypixel.net/bayonetta-3-preview-switch/A review code was provided by the publisher for review purposes.Support the cha...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D0KUvUBgls

www.gameshub.com

Bayonetta 3 is a knockout, but it feels held back by the Switch

Our early hands-on Bayonetta 3 showed great promise, but we really need to talk about the power of the Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't notice it until now but it looks like the big homunculi blow apart into people like Legion from Castlevania. Neat.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
Love hearing some positive reviews after many, many years of hype. I need to find time and replay the first two before this comes out.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
They talk about wanting a right stick click for lockon, but that's not really a great fit for bayo cause it still has some legacy DMC lock-on dependent inputs for stingers and launchers. The alt method of flicking the stick never really feels good to me.

Anyway I'm excited for this now but the resolution is really holding things back, it badly needs 1080 support at the very least.

parasite2

Oct 22, 2020
It's such a relief to hear the game turned out great. I was worried with everything going on at Platinum.

Nimbat1003

Nov 14, 2021
Yeah super hype for this gonna buy it day 1... Might emulate it still though, we will see haha. though after all the xenoblade I'm quite aclimitised to the switch right now.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
OH, so Demon Masquerade replaces Panther Within this time around? That would make a lot of sense, but hopefully we can still Animorphs it up.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OH, so Demon Masquerade replaces Panther Within this time around? That would make a lot of sense, but hopefully we can still Animorphs it up.
IGN preview mentions that the transformation depends on your weapon equipped, so for now we know of Madame Butterfly, Gomorrah and (presumably) Phantasmaraneae. Gonna have to see if we get some demon pals that lean more animal since across the two Bayonetta games they've usually been aves, beasts, or insects, but it's a pretty nice touch overall imo.

OP
OP
ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
www.polygon.com

Bayonetta 3 wants you to express yourself, darling

The witch has some new backup on her side
www.mmorpg.com

Preview: Hands-On With Bayonetta 3 - High Flying, Demon Summoning Fun | MMORPG.com

Bayonetta 3 is coming in October, and we had the chance to go hands-on with the upcoming action title this year at PAX West. Check out our thoughts on how the experience stacked up.
www.digitaltrends.com

Bayonetta 3's outrageous action has already cast a spell on me | Digital Trends

During an impressive hands-on preview of Bayonetta 3, we fought a giant fish, beat the hell out of monsters, and wore literal boat as shoes.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Are these all based off first 15 minutes of the game like IGN stated? Cause oof

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I need them to release Bayo and Violet's battle tracks already. I can barely make out Bayo's in that NintendoLife footage.

Are these all based off first 15 minutes of the game like IGN stated? Cause oof

"The game is fucking awesome."
"Oof. Sounds rough, Brotendo."

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I love the GUI elements of the game. Not only does it feel far more readable than the previous games, with a more animated results screen, but there's some nice touches with how the chapters show your location while scrolling through the Verses. Probably one of the more subtle changes that makes the game feel fresh from the first two which were very similar in this regard. Also, love the new animation they made of Bayo breaking barriers.

Only thing left on my wishlist for this game is that we get full cutscenes all the way through as opposed to the slideshows.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how I feel about removing the button mashing on TAs entirely. I think they went overboard with them in the first game but the less intensive QTEs in 2 were a good compromise.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
Man, losing the customizable hands/feet system is a hard pill to swallow. It was so unique; why Platinum, why?

And locking demon transformations to specific weapons might turn out to be a poor design desion. We'll have to see on that one.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a collector's edition for this game that comes with 1 and 2? Or was that 2 that had a CE that came with 1?

Is there a collector's edition for this game that comes with 1 and 2? Or was that 2 that had a CE that came with 1?
The latter. The Trinity Masquerade Edition comes with a special tray with alternate box arts for the first two games, but only comes with the third game physically. As the first game is getting a limited run at retail at the end of the month, it leaves the second game as the tricky one to pick up in order to fill out the tray properly.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Man, losing the customizable hands/feet system is a hard pill to swallow. It was so unique; why Platinum, why?

And locking demon transformations to specific weapons might turn out to be a poor design desion. We'll have to see on that one.

Yeaaaaah.... that was a real highlight let you find some real fun combos. Locking to specific sets kind of kills the creativity.

Blue_Toad507

May 25, 2021
Do any of them confirm if we have another moon song? I think previews is how we found out about Moon River for Bayo 2 đź‘€

Paine

Jan 6, 2018
I'll be Day 1 no matter what but I do want to hear from someone that has gone in depth with the combat in 1 and 2, to see how it compares. They probably didn't get that much time with it so it'd be hard to form an opinion but I want to know if it's like 1 where you can pretty much play any way you want, or if it's more like 2 where the time is heavily restricted and you're basically forced to use Umbran Climax to do well. Playing as V made me give up on DMC5 and it took a good while for me to really get into Astral Chain because I didn't really enjoy the tether thing.

Dec 2, 2020
Any mention of framerate performance undocked?

Looks like the same as most Platinum Games titles regardless of target console - targets 60fps but hangs around 45fps most of the time outside of small environments.

Don't see why it's so hard to just add a 30fps mode in which would then let the engine hit its max dynamic resolution much more often.

The game looks great fun!

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I can't imagine it will be too much a problem. The bottom left of the HUD seems to indicate that you'll have the option of three demons, so you'll always be able to jump between a selection of three demons to summon; if you don't want to summon the one for your current weapon, just swap and then summon. This screenshot of the menu from the overview trailer yesterday also seems to suggest that hand-to-hand weapons don't seem to share the same hierarchy.

RuQ2U9z.png

The demon weaponry seems to be an entirely different subset from things like Guns, which is probably why they jettisoned the previous system. Instead of arms/legs, it's probably more like arms+legs/demons. Demons are probably even higher up on the ladder of importance, as they seem to show up first in the menu based on the upper tab.

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Feel a bit iffy about some changes, but then again, why would they just keep making the first game over and over again?

I wanna turn into a panther tho.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Seems awesome. Platinum is back! (come pet the cat lol)

New voice is nice as well.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
All of this sounds super promising.

Platinum don't fail us. I believe in you.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I'm really not feeling this one, and I can't exactly pinpoint why.
It happens and it's ok, I'm also not feeling it as much as the previous ones, stuff like our tastes can change depending on our mood at the time so it's ok if this one doesn't appeal to you

Fuck you're right, didn't even notice it was gone, that sucks, it's way more interesting than the Kaiju system looks like and it was one of the best aspects of the franchise.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I'm really not feeling this one, and I can't exactly pinpoint why.
For me, it's clearly the art style. Idk how much of the game is going to look like the opening level, but why gray and dull green? Why the most overcast of overcast days?

The actual mechanics look fun as hell on paper, but yeah I'm also skeptical about exchanging your speedy moveset for a lumbering kaiju moveset.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
The game is about hopping from one world in the Bayoverse to another. I wouldn't worry about the entire game looking like the apocalyptic intro level.

Elster

Jun 6, 2021
I love bayonetta (the game and character) but I just havent been feeling this one for some reason, maybe her design? Bayo 2 was perfect. I hope I warm up to the game by the tine it launches

ToTheMoon

Oct 27, 2017
If anyone's looking for some pure, uninterrupted gameplay sequences, the Nintendo Life video has that.

When Bayonetta enters the first on-foot area, it even refers to it as Tokyo in the "Alternate Verse". Just to solidify the heavily hinted theory that the main character is an alternate Bayonetta.