• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018

Trump supporter attacks BBC cameraman at El Paso rally

A supporter of US President Donald Trump has attacked a BBC cameraman at a campaign rally in El Paso, Texas.

Sporting a Make America Great Again cap, the man shoved and swore at the BBC's Ron Skeans and other news crews before being pulled away.

Mr Skeans said the "very hard shove" came from his blindside. "I didn't know what was going on."

Mr Skeans said the man almost knocked him and his camera over twice before he was wrestled away by a blogger.

BBC Washington producer Eleanor Montague and Washington correspondent Gary O'Donoghue were sitting in front of the camera.

Ms Montague said the protester had attacked other news crews but Mr Skeans "got the brunt of it".

A campaign official for Mr Trump afterwards suggested the attacker was drunk.

Ms Montague said the president had spoken of "fake news" and how the media misrepresented him in the run up to the assault.

Speaking to BBC Radio 4's Today programme, Mr O'Donoghue said it was "an incredibly violent attack".

"This is a constant feature of these rallies - a goading of the crowds against the media," Mr O'Donoghue said, who added that he had been "spat at before".

Trump did his usual shtick of leading "Lock her up" chants, lying about crowd numbers, and lying about immigrant crime rates.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47208909

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
They should all just stop covering all his bullshit media conferences , let the racists pshycos live in there bubble .

Oct 27, 2017
Southend on Sea, UK
Shocked but not surprised.

also what the fuck is Trump still rallying about, he's been doing this for like three years
Because he's skint, and he can get his brain dead followers to pay for his 2nd term run. Also, I think we are quite likely to find out sooner or later that it's not the only thing the campaign funds are being used for.

And of course he loves the attention. Do these fucking 'morans' not realise old Trumpy wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, unless they were lounging on Obama's old bed at the time?

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
It's a matter of time before a reporter or a member of media is killed at a Trump rally. And Congress will do nothing afterwards.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
In his speech, was he bragging that asian and hispanic americans have reached the "lowest levels ever?"

wtf!?

EDIT: looks like he was talking about unemployment rates in those communities.

Last edited:

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Remember the MAGA bomber?

also what the fuck is Trump still rallying about, he's been doing this for like three years
MAGA rally to "Finish The Wall."

5c6233ff250000cf037fmgkn4.jpeg

https://abload.de/img/trump-el-paso-6lcktk.jpg

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
I want to hope this rhetoric will catch up to him and people will care... but here we are

pulsemyne

Oct 30, 2017
What gets me is that after that Trump asked the media people if they were okay. They said yes and he just carries on as usual and still bashes the media.

JaredTaco

Oct 27, 2017
In his speech, was he bragging that asian and hispanic americans have reached the "lowest levels ever?"

wtf!?

I was wondering the same exact thing. I really hope that isn't what he was saying. The USA is a country of immigrants. The president should be proud of our diversity. What a crazy timeline this is.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
Frightening - but then this is a sad inevitability of his rhetoric against the media.

The sheep who follow him lap it up. The anti establishment 'billionaire' lmao

I was wondering the same exact thing. I really hope that isn't what he was saying. The USA is a country of immigrants. The president should be proud of our diversity. What a crazy timeline this is.

He was more than likely mentioning something about unemployment etc.

It's his usual go to routine.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump supporters are unhinged lunatics. He knows exactly what he's doing when he openly incites them to violence like this.

God... can you imagine what it'll be like when he is removed from office (Either by being voted out or "otherwise")?

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm scared to read the replies in those tweets. Trump supporters are probably saying it's the reporters fault and he deserved it.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But you see, most of the original immigrants were white, so it's not OK for brown immigrants to come here now.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump supporters are unhinged lunatics. He knows exactly what he's doing when he openly incites them to violence like this.

God... can you imagine what it'll be like when he is removed from office (Either by being voted out or "otherwise")?
I hope he's sued into oblivion once he's no longer president. I actually wish worse, but saying it would get me banned and investigated.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Heard the report this morning in the background and heard Trump just listing off a bunch of crimes ("four thousand kidnappings!"). The guy is a fucking fear merchant, and stupid idiotic voters of his are so easily stoked up by it all. Fucking mania the entire thing. No different whatsoever to how Hitler came to power (and held onto it).

Koo

Dec 10, 2017
'Finish the Wall'? You mean the other 99.9% of it? That almost seems like those were printed on the assumption that Trump would have won his wall money in that shutdown tantrum. That's some real double speak to have the nerve to put those up. Are these people so brainwashed they actually believe any significant part of the wall has been constructed?

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
1. Charge that man with assault
2. The media needs to stop covering/broadcasting these events. Like still safely sent someone to be able to fact-check any lies made but simply don't give him live or national coverage.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Surprised this hasn't happened more often tbh. He regularly riles up crowds and points out the media to his fans at these events.

Also it's amazing how normalised holding rallies outside of elections has become. And how much the media loves covering them live.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I want to hope this rhetoric will catch up to him and people will care... but here we are

I'm waiting for a bunch of Trump's supporters to have a Lion King hyena moment when he inevitably tries to throw them under the bus.

Although I would never advocate for this shitbag's own rhetoric to bite him in the ass in such a fitting way. No siree.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It'd be great if it's possible for a law to be passed that no rallies are allowed to be held by Presidents outside elections because this is fucking ridiculous and grotesque before even getting to the racism and fascism of these rallies.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the first and it won't be the last, this kind of antagonism is exactly what Trump is there for, whether it's towards the media or any other random person on the street
Looks like the guy who shouted "You're not Martin Luther King!" at Eric Andre

Nice catch, this must be what he looks like when he visits his local jail

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Build a wall around Trump supporters. Maybe crime rates will actually go down.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
And right wing media pundits go "What does this have to do with Trump? You on the left are deranged!"

So sick of this shit.