Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Damn, didn't they just meet like 2 weeks ago?

They're engaged?

Bruh.

For those saying movie: it's not about a pandemic but a snow storm, but there's an unremarkably bad romantic comedy along these lines called Two Night Stand. It's not funny, cute or charming. I mostly remember it because it's part of Kid Cudi's acting phase and I've never been able to understand that man's career (he's a supporting character in this one).

I recommend not watching it or seeking it out. I look forward to the pandemic remix of this. Maybe Cudi will be playing leads by then.
Cudi is playing one of the leads in that new A24 movie X. Go check out the trailer it looks good. He's also in Don't Look Up with a minor but still fairly prominent role. It seems like he's taking acting more seriously now.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
They're engaged!

www.thetimes.co.uk

20-day virus lockdown date in China leads ‘soulmates’ to engagement

A Chinese woman who was stuck at the home of her date for more than 20 days amid a Covid-19 lockdown in the province of Xianyang has told state media that the

200.gif

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
I can't even get a date, but dudes can get engaged after being roasted on national television fml.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How did this turn from "he's a wooden mannequin" to marriage.

Or maybe it makes perfect sense, she was talking about him like someone would after 30 years of marriage

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
OK this is literally a movie now. Trap for a couple weeks in a house with a guy that you were initially interested in but we're not impressed with. Only to eventually realize the two of you are soulmates.

Although I do wonder if because of all the attention on them, they announce this as a sort of way of putting a happy ending to the story. Basically to meet expectations.

Oct 27, 2017
OK this is literally a movie now. Trap for a couple weeks in a house with a guy that you were initially interested in but we're not impressed with. Only to eventually realize the two of you are soulmates.

Although I do wonder if because of all the attention on them, they announce this as a sort of way of putting a happy ending to the story. Basically to meet expectations.

I dunno about that, that just seems way too high risk since if the engagement falls apart, that just adds more gossip.

Suddenly living together for two weeks is definitely an efficient way to speed run the dating phase. I honestly think they would know by now whether they like each other seriously enough to get married.

Kozmo

Jan 5, 2018
It's a different couple...just look at the pictures/names in the two articles. Do all Asians look alike or something?

Dec 2, 2017
It's actually a different couple who were in the same situation! My mistake, didn't look at the article properly

It is the second time this month that China's state media have published reports about a couple on a date getting trapped by sudden lockdown rules - but this one has a happier ending.

www.news24.com

Chinese couple trapped on lockdown date get engaged | News24

A Chinese couple who were trapped on a neverending date thanks to a virus lockdown have been relieved to find that love, not the coronavirus, is in the air and have agreed to tie the knot.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Now this just sounds like PR stunt shit

edit: aw saw update. still don't believe none of it!!

It's a different couple...just look at the pictures/names in the two articles. Do all Asians look alike or something?
lol there is no photos in the second article. It also talks about the parent's of the man pushing the engagement heavy during the lockdown.

Last edited:

Bengraven