• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Apparently if the color of your PS Move is the same as the color on the screen, there's going to be issue, according to the developer. Solution is to turn off your TV

tMJauNx.png

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't this game been out for a year? Why can't they have the color of the move change?

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
Half the fun of this game is watching your friends play. TV off would suck.

Oct 28, 2017
I don't understand how this would work either. However I once got really confused about why my controllers weren't tracking then realised it was my Philips Hue light bulbs

Oct 27, 2017
Beat Saber's tracking was one of the reasons I sold my PSVR. The moves are simply not up for the task... At least in my case. I felt like on Expert+ the sabers would suddenly shift to odd angles.

klastical

Oct 29, 2017
I've never had many issues with tracking involving beat saber but I can totally see the light from my TV illuminating the wall that its facing. If the screen was flashing red a lot I can see how it would throw off the move controller.

Sonicfan059

Mar 4, 2018
I feel like this is a small minority who have this problem or more people would have reported it. Game works fine wherever I play it.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
It was fine until the last update with the Imagine Dragons tracks.

Yup, the latest update made tracking noticeably worse.
Previously, in my setup, it was mostly flawless.

Also - regarding "the camera doesn't see the TV" posts - some people might have glass cabinets in their living room, or a reflective picture frame, or anything really.
Seeing how this is a VR game, turning off your TV display (most TVs allow you to only turn off the screen, not the audio) is reasonable advice.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Lol no. They game is notable for the especially good tracking. Tv casting light is not going to be a common problem or you'd probably have heard of it by now. And excitedly made a thread about it.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
That's weird, never heard of this issue before for PSVR Beat Saber. Maybe it's like a very isolated issue?

And It's not like we're talking about custom games, I would not trust Move tracking for Through Fire and Flames lol.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
It is beyond me why devs don't choose the color of the move controllers if a game has red and blue. Like it ain't that hard.

Oct 27, 2017
Weird. I honestly never had tracking problems on Beat Saber.
Yeah for the first couple months it was fine then I started getting issues. I tried positioning the camera differently, made sure everything was clean... basically did all the troubleshooting. I noticed beyond just the Moves the play area itself started shifting slightly. It was really odd.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I'll have to try this later, I have huge tracking issues with games that use move controllers

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Whoa others are having trouble with this update too? I thought it was just me that had this problem.

I play beat saber with my tv off. My room is dark as well and for some reason the tracking is like 10 degrees off. I can't even play expert + anymore. I've tried everything to fix the problem and it keeps throwing itself off.

T-800

Oct 30, 2017
If you're in the room by yourself it would make sense to turn the tv off. I don't personally but there is no reason to leave it on. By yourself.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Strange, never had this issue like that with any PSVR game tbh.

Not really sure how the camera would be picking up anything up from the TV, as the camera isn't looking at the TV ???

unrealist

Oct 27, 2017
I have both PSVR and the Quest .. which will be the better one to get? PSVR sometimes go for cheap / on sale..

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
People use the PSVR with TV turned on? wtf... what's even the point...
If you're in the room by yourself it would make sense to turn the tv off. I don't personally but there is no reason to leave it on. By yourself.
For one, Beat Saber excels as a local social game. Many, many people play it with other people in the room who are looking at the TV. Also, a lot of gamers still use their TV as the primary audio device. Yes, PSVR is designed for earbuds/headsets in general (3D audio in a lot of games), but Beat Saber music blasting out loud as you play has an appeal to plenty of players.

Nov 30, 2017
I once had an issue with tracking but solved it quickly.

On the other side of the room was a picture hanging with glass cover that was reflecting the move controllers.

No problems since and none with beat saber

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Honest question, OP. What's your motivation for making this post? You're not a fan of the PSVR, and you certainly don't own one yourself.

Deleted member 984

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Or turn a light on.

PSVR tracking is much better when there is a soft light illuminating the room. No light can cause problems from the tv or light bounce off white walls. Too bright a light completely fucks everything.