Oct 27, 2017
Were it not for Devil May Cry 5, this would be my GOTY for 2019. Such a colorful, fun game in a time that there are so few of them. Not to mention how much content there is to unlock and playthrough. The community that was built around this game was a great time to be a part of as well.

Throughout the five years we got Skylanders games, I always thought that Beenox, Vicarious Visions, and Toys for Bob could do so much more than make content for yearly toys-to-life titles (because despite the toys aspect, those games were actually fun to play). And they really showed it with the Crash and Spyro remakes.

The CTR Grand Prix(s) showed that they are all able to make some fantastic original content as well, so I can't wait to see what they do with Crash 4 and beyond.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
That's a kick in the teeth for completionists. They should've done a rerun of all Grand Prix for those still missing any. Should take zero effort to do.
At least the champion decals are like the least annoying thing they could have done as far as exclusive cosmetics go. I got them all and I don't think I ever used em.

Character skins would have been really shitty. The decals feel more like a small bonus.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
I just realized we didn't get a PC port yet probably because all the devs were caught up on other new projects. Before Crash 4's reveal, I always assumed each devs (among Beenox, Vacarious Visions and Toys For Bob) were on rotation and each responsible for one project, but it turns out the other teams do backup work as well.
Activision have proved themself the most anti-PC publisher in recent years. It's weird but whatever.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact I waited for a PC port this whole time... I refuse to play it in 30fps.
Man just play the game if you have a PS4. I play it on a 65 inch Samsung and it looks great. Plus throughout the year you could have gotten the game in a cheap sale all this time (I got the bundle with Nsane Trilogy for $20 back in April as a gift).

Oct 26, 2017
At least the champion decals are like the least annoying thing they could have done as far as exclusive cosmetics go. I got them all and I don't think I ever used em.

Character skins would have been really shitty. The decals feel more like a small bonus.
At least got Spyro's. I don't think I gave a hoot about the others. I'm just one of those "100% someday in my life" folks who hate ever being cut off from doing so. Hell they could actually make money by selling them all for like $5. Better than them being gone forever.

Actually Canada STILL never got that Firehawk plane. :(

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
easily my favorite game on Switch and my favorite 2019 game; Incredible work, Beenox!

I'm hoping for a sequel in a couple of years with Willie, Viscount and the missing Twinsanity cast front center! I know they'd deliver =)

Xiofire

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Sad this never came to PC
Will probably get round to playing on PS4 when the price is right

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
Huh. I thought I remember a press release around February that said they still had plans to provide regular updates.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Huh. I thought I remember a press release around February that said they still had plans to provide regular updates.
Yeah I'm guessing someone at Activision made an executive call and told everyone to get on the new Crash game. especially since Beenox are the guys behind the new mirror mode.
I want the game to feel great, looking great comes second.
Feels great to me, but to each his own.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
It's for the best. Move on to the next project guys... which I'm hoping it'd be.. BLUR 2!

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Expected, but still sad. They really outdid themselves with this game. I put in 300 hours into it and LOVED it so much. It far exceeded my expectations of just CTR with online. So glad they also did Nitro Kart some love :) Really, this whole game is nearly the entire Crash universe fan service!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Guess they didnt enough money to carry on, MTX as much I hate them sometimes helps the Devs
Activision actually did single out Crash Team Racing revenue as a reason why a $1.1B decrease was offset by $230m

The decrease was partially offset by an increase in revenues of $236 million due to:
• revenues from Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, which was released in March 2019; and
• revenues recognized from Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, which was released in June 2019
Source

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably for PS5 compatibility. I have the Switch version and received no update.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
Ps4 Update 1.21:

mpqlDrY.jpg

6 gb. I'd love love love some 60 fps action on my PS5... but I won't hold my breath.