androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
I just did my usual scan of the Ben and Jerry's section knowing that they won't have Dublin Mudslide, but I have to look anyway. And they had 4. It's only been a decade, feels longer somehow.

www.theimpulsivebuy.com

REVIEW: Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide (2022) - The Impulsive Buy

Following 2020’s “Fan Favorite” resurrection of Gimme S’more, Peanut Butter Half Baked, and Cannoli, Ben & Jerry’s has once again taken a trip to its Flavor Graveyard and used ice cream voodoo to summon a heralded classic from the dead. Previously RIP’d in 2012, Dublin Mudslide is Irish cream...

captainmal01 since your post is the only thing that came up when I did a search

Sarobi

Oct 25, 2017
I spotted these a few days ago during a grocery trip. I wasn't aware it was discontinued. I might pick one up today.

captainmal01

Oct 28, 2017
I just did my usual scan of the Ben and Jerry's section knowing that they won't have Dublin Mudslide, but I have to look anyway. And they had 4. It's only been a decade, feels longer somehow.

www.theimpulsivebuy.com

REVIEW: Ben & Jerry's Dublin Mudslide (2022) - The Impulsive Buy

Following 2020’s “Fan Favorite” resurrection of Gimme S’more, Peanut Butter Half Baked, and Cannoli, Ben & Jerry’s has once again taken a trip to its Flavor Graveyard and used ice cream voodoo to summon a heralded classic from the dead. Previously RIP’d in 2012, Dublin Mudslide is Irish cream...

captainmal01 since your post is the only thing that came up when I did a search

My watch is over

Oct 27, 2017
I've never had this flavor but fuck it sounds delicious. I'll have to look out for it when I go grocery shopping over the weekend.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Im too scared of not liking any those strange sounding flavors so I stick to vanilla.

OP
OP
androvsky

androvsky

Oct 27, 2017
Did they really call chocolate ice cream a mudslide?

Sounds like it's baileys flavoured chocolate ice cream

Assuming it's named after the popular mudslide cocktail
Short version is it's vanilla ice cream with a whiskey flavor, mixed with a coffee/fudge swirl and some other stuff. Might be some caramel, not sure.

Like the review says, people have different expectations for mudslides, so Ben and Jerry's did a bit of everything. It works somehow.

Had a pint last night. It's probably not my favorite flavor, never was, but it's a great chance of pace and it's rather unique. I always thought it was a bit odd that no other novelty ice cream brands attempted a clone that I am aware of, so it's very nice to have it back.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't sound particularly good but I'd try it. For a little while now I thought I didn't like Ben & Jerry's ice cream; none of the flavors were that spectacularly good. Then I had the Cannoli ice cream and my world changed. So yeah, I'd use some of the good will that the Cannoli flavor bought with me and give Dublin Mudslide a shot.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Never tried the Dublin Mudslide before, but I did just try the Cookie Vermont-ster and it was actually really bad. Don't get it.

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its not bad but I enjoy the Haagen Daz Irish cream one better. Irish Cream Brownie. So good.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Good shit.

I used to love their half and half / black and tan back in the day. They got heat for the name, but even dropped the flavor.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
I normally don't like coffee flavor Ice Cream unless I'm in the mood for them but when I had this years ago there was not that much coffee flavor and it was delicious and could easily eat more at the drop of a hat.