Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
pick up a gun and do what? shoot up a school? assassinate a politician? what else could you possibly mean?

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Dude has the worst case of little big man syndrome I've seen. And how people can listen to his munchkin voice for a conversation let alone hours is beyond me, but have to give him credit, he's a hack that made it so props I guess.

Side note, I like castbox for podcasts, but they push his show like no other. It is constantly at the top of the feed. I wish there was a way to block trash you don't want to see.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This has really nothing to do with the issue at hand but if Shapiro has ever fired a gun anywhere except at a friends house I would be stunned. Like, if the only thing keeping me from doing something is the threat of Ben Shapiro with a gun, then I'm probably gonna do that thing. I'm gonna do it non stop until I can't anymore.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
My 4 year old isn't strong enough to pull back the loading mechanism on his NERF gun. I have to load it each time for him.

I can picture Ben asking his child to load his gun for him.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
what the other kid did was pull out, no doubt, a newer me in better shape before he lit out he lead the chase

JJAwiiu

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone's reporting this right? Isn't threatening a politician a serious offense?

Shapiro is referring to a hypothetical scenario under a Beto O'Rourke presidency, where an officer comes to his house to forcibly take his kid for not teaching him about LGBTQ issues in a home-schooled environment. "The door" is Shapiro's home and "O'Rourke" is a truancy officer under the president's orders. Plenty to not defend there, but a lot of people are reacting as if Shapiro was actively threatening to show up at O'Rourke's door with a gun, which is not true.

Last edited:

Cation

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I cant believe he has reproductive rights honestly. What a toxic pos. Poor kids gonna grow up with so much hatred...what a shame

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
have you ever read the dailywire? was neil being held at gunpoint to go on the show there? if not then maybe you and neil don't know but you don't have to promote it everywhere especially sites that regularly dabble in climate change denial. and that's far from their worst position. here give it a read

Nah I would never click on that site.

I mean I agree, Shapiro is trash, but Neil was also on Colbert as well and I'd imagine this is the same tour to promote his book.

I'm not seeing what this has to do with Shapiro seemingly threatening the LGBT community. I do think it's crazy NDT is patting the back of a climate change denier. Oh well. Stopped watching Neil content a while ago.

Oct 27, 2017
Shapiro is referring to a hypothetical scenario under a Beta O'Rourke presidency, where an officer comes to his house to forcibly take his kid for not teaching him about LGBQ issues in a home-schooled environment. "The door" is Shapiro's home and "O'Rourke" is a truancy officer under the president's orders. Plenty to not defend there, but a lot of people are reacting as if Shapiro was actively threatening to show up at O'Rourke's door with a gun, which is not true.

Yeah, still undeniably seems to be sending a "I'm prepared to kill" over being accepting to LGBTQ people.

Shapiro's hypotheticals and strawmen are the tools he uses to push his hateful rhetoric under the radar, comparatively.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Shapiro is referring to a hypothetical scenario under a Beta O'Rourke presidency, where an officer comes to his house to forcibly take his kid for not teaching him about LGBQ issues in a home-schooled environment. "The door" is Shapiro's home and "O'Rourke" is a truancy officer under the president's orders. Plenty to not defend there, but a lot of people are reacting as if Shapiro was actively threatening to show up at O'Rourke's door with a gun, which is not true.
He is painting the first scenario, in the hopes of enticing the latter.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the fact that you're willing to twist yourself into this knot to try and convince everyone else he's not saying what he's saying says a lot about you

CKDexterHaven

Nov 26, 2017
What's he going to do when the Trump Crime Syndicate crumbles.?This lollipop guild member is a fringe fuck who will come to naught.

Murfield

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this is hyperbole,

But is this not conspiracy to commit murder?

Seems like it should be illegal to make death threats through public media.

OP
OP
Dirtyshubb

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Stop paying attention to this insignificant shit stirring malignancy.
This is a really fucking stupid comment.

First, whether we talk about him here has no baring on his reach and audience of fans. He reaches millions of people regardless of whether or not we condemn his actions here.

Second, he is sadly far from insignificant.
Again, he has millions of fans and we know of at least one fan who viewed his content more than anyone else and then went on to commit a mass shooting, killing innocent people.

Ignoring these bigots does nothing but empower them to continue to influence people into believing and doing heinous shit.

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
What a stupid argument. These people really don't understand what a society is. Would his followers respect someone's decision to grab a gun if someone tried to teach their child creationism? Should we be grabbing our guns because kids are being taught now that the slave trade was merely a large economic migration? I guess the rest of the country is free to descend on Texas for the crime of our outsized textbook influence.