• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
The Series X stock in Europe has been way smaller than the PS5 so I assume MS just allocated a lot of units on the US.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Would not be shocked. People underestimate how big of a deal the low price point of the S is.

RellikSK

Nov 1, 2017
It will all come down to who has more inventory, so if he's right about the Xbox having more inventory then it will probably sell more in NA.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't seem unreasonable really. Sony has a lot more markets that they need to focus on than Xbox. They might have had to sacrifice some US sales in order to get more units to EU

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Wow. That would be impressive. There has seemed to be more xbox restocks so I could see that happening

Deleted member 63122

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 16, 2020
I follow Wario 64 and IGN deals, and I have seen more "Xbox is in stock" tweets than PS5. Since Xbox is weaker world wide than Sony, maybe they sent the Lion's share to the US.

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Is that why the rest of the world got fuck all stock of Xboxes? America got them all?

Because "more stock" is sure as shit not the case in Australia. I even got 2 more PS5s the other day without even meaning or trying to.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
XBOX Series S/PS5 Digital/Switch

PS5 Physical/XB Series X

It'll be close and that's not to forget the looming Switch Pro rumors.

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure his guesses are no better than anyone else's in here.

It's not really a guess, to be clear, he works at retail and always had a good visibility on inventory for hardware and software. Not for the whole territory, but for a big enough sample to be right in most of his "predictions".

It's kinda surprising for Xbox to bring more stock than PS5 despite a late start in production, but apparently there were more restock on the Xbox side compared to PS5. Sony also has more markets to cover worldwide compared to Xbox, I believe.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Would not be surprising at all. USA is MS main market by far while Sony has to give more stock to other markets. Simillar thing happened back in December 2013 where Xbone sold more due to stock.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Benji isn't an analyst. He doesn't work in the games industry either.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017
Makes sense considering series X is pretty much DoA in most markets compared to Sony so they will have different priorities for those markets.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Big miss by Sony in not getting the inventory out there.

Even bigger miss by Nintendo as this is their 3rd year and there shouldn't really be shortages.

And a nice win by MS in getting units out there. Though anecdotally it doesn't seem like they were that far ahead of PS5 if at all. Its not like you can fix an Xbox anywhere either.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
It's kinda surprising for Xbox to bring more stock than PS5 with a late start in production, but apparently there were more restock on the Xbox side compared to PS5. Sony also has more markets to cover worldwide compared to Xbox, I believe.
A salient point here is "in NA". MS has every reason to focus their stock in NA given that it's one of only a couple strong territories for their brand, and why not see if they can get that "Best selling console in NA" headline? I don't think this suggests that MS has more stock overall. We'll see if anyone puts out numbers.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Reasoning makes zero sense. They both are making as much as they can make. The issue is time not money.

448.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Yea he's not an analyst and I think the only reason he got into numbers was because he worked at Best Buy and could check preorder numbers.

He doesn't have any more information than us.

Status
Not open for further replies.