• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBeeEll

Alt Account
Banned
Jan 15, 2020
I'm surprised that people are up in arms over this. Remember that time Bernie went on a Fox News town hall and got the audience to agree with him?
Sometimes when given the chance you should try to reach out, explain why your policies will help instead of just writing half the country off as irredeemable trash.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Bernie goes for non progressives - smart move whatever it takes to get Trump

anybody else does the same - centrist trash, Neo liberal!!

I hope Bernie can pull it off, but man we need chill with the bs.

The idea of Biden appealling to the voters who voted for Trump in 2016 but Obama before is apparently better than the reality of Bernie appealling to voters who voted Trump.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not shocked because I've been saying this is what Bernie cares about for a while now.

He's ok grabbing the crowed of bigots, the self persecuted white working class that casually endless bigotry, both casual and explicit.

His words were already a pretty clear indication where he was in terms of social vs. populist economics.

What fucking annoys me is how the same people who seem to be so militant in trying to basically expose anyone who doesn't agree with Sanders as closet bigots, war criminal enablers, "not real progressives" constantly hand waving Sanders explicit words and explicit actions on the campaign trail.

Joe Rogan is an idiot, he's a useful tool to spread right wing bigotry because he's basically a willful idiot with a large fanbase who gets people on his show. There are so many ways to handle Joe Rogan stanning for you. There is a major difference between staying silent and letting someone with influence, but shitty history "endorse" you vs. signal boosting that endorsement and making fucking ads out of it.

It's crystal clear double standards exist with Sanders that wouldn't ever fly with any other candidate, and the fact that there have been repeated "mistakes" stemming from the same issue of social inequality being tossed aside because of "he's for the working class!" is just more evidence of what type of people Sanders is willing to bring into the party in order to achieve his goals.

Last edited:

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His YouTube comment section. His words cut up in sjw videos. Certainly closer to that side of diagram than not.

I used to deal with it because I liked the fight podcasts. But this isn't any stretch by any means.

Evidence that holds up in your mental courtroom? Probably not. But there's a trend for sure.

He's a privledged white man that's only passionate about opinions that question weed.

I'm not here to praise Joe Rogan, fuck him. I just think getting his endorsement considering the enormous reach of people he has is beneficial to the Democrats.

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joe "I am calling a room full of black people 'Planet of the Apes' " Rogan?

Funny how margalized people go right under the bus at a moments notice. David Duke has a large fanbase, I guess his endorsement would be fine as well?
holy macaroni of all the false equivalences made in this thread this one probably takes the cake

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
This is fine. There is no such thing as a campaign that doesn't at one point or another align themselves with someone that has detractors. Bernie is a good man who has been consistent for so long. Him becoming President would be a good thing so if this helps him get there then so be it.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not here to praise Joe Rogan, fuck him. I just think getting his endorsement considering the enormous reach of people he has is beneficial to the Democrats.

Ill take any hope of converting people who are willing to listen to reason for once

Its not like they were gonna listen to anyone else and if Rogan is going to open people's minds to Bernie being a good president then so be it

Drek

Oct 27, 2017
While we have people ITT comparing Joe Rogan to Alex Jones it's worth noting that his podcast is not predominately political and all people go to him for. As much as I dislike some of Rogan's statements and his frequent capitulation to conservative types his audience is not a monolith and not inherently comparable to those who watch Shapiro, Milo, Rubin etc.
Rogan and Jones are personal friends, he's had Jones on multiple times, they concoct "feuds" like wrestlers plan shoots, and host the same gender and race focused right wing "intellectual" fringe.

He's Alex Jones with enough water added to make it palettable to white dudebros.

Rogan is not a bigot.
Just super tight with a lot of bigots and keeps giving them a platform to normalize their shit.

Is it beneficial to democracy/our society if this leads to just 10% of Sanders' supporters tuning in to hear a soft-packaging of Charles Murray's next book?

Or to have Sam Harris walk them though why all of Islam is a death cult obsessed with killing the western world?

Maybe they find some inspiration in one of Jordan Peterson's books.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ill take any hope of converting people who are willing to listen to reason for once

Its not like they were gonna listen to anyone else and if Rogan is going to open people's minds to Bernie being a good president then so be it
Exactly. The point of campaigning is to try to convert people to your side and vote for you.

Literally no politician is going to go "Fine, I don't want your filthy votes!"

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So he provides a platform for shit human beings only some of the time?

Well that changes everything!

Oh wait no it doesn't.

The argument is if the entirety of Joe Rogan's audience is alt-right. He doesnt just have Alex Jones and Jordan Peterson rotate every other week. Citing 4 guests out of hundreds does not prove his audience is entirely alt-right. Try looking for context next time, honey.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Funny how margalized people go right under the bus at a moments notice. David Duke has a large fanbase, I guess his endorsement would be fine as well?

In 2020 with Trump? No one cares about black people. That's the base line. If that means democratic judges senators and governor's who aren't trying to take away women's rights and are supporting Bernie's ideas and platform. How would that be detrimental?

Vs. Open season fascism and corruption destroying democracy by the hour.

Honest q.

But this is the worst timeline for sure.

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie goes for non progressives - smart move whatever it takes to get Trump

anybody else does the same - centrist trash, Neo liberal!!

I hope Bernie can pull it off, but man we need chill with the bs.

Has Bernie watered down his progressive or left wing policies to appeal to the right?

Oh come on. You know this is a bad take.

Rogan is not a bigot.

Nah, he is. Rogan is terrible.

Joker Code

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Dallas
I don't see anything wrong with this. It's just an endorsement from a very popular person. If I remember correctly he also said all other candidates wanted to be on his show. I bet they would do the same.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it beneficial to democracy/our society if this leads to just 10% of Sanders' supporters tuning in to hear a soft-packaging of Charles Murray's next book?

Or to have Sam Harris walk them though why all of Islam is a death cult obsessed with killing the western world?

Maybe they find some inspiration in one of Jordan Peterson's books.
He's the host of a stupid yet popular Podcast, not the fucking Dark Side that can corrupt even the most pious of souls. Nor is Bernie Sanders going around saying Joe Rogan is going to be his Secretary of State or some shit.

And when the comparison is a 2nd Term Trump Presidency? Even your scenario would absolutely be preferable.

If Trump wins again and replaces RBG with a far right Judge who will make Kavenaugh seem like AOC, and gives Conservatives a stranglehold on our country for decades be worth it as long as we remain "pure"?

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bernie, the person above the fray who is going to change politics forever!

"Why are you mad he's signal boosting a shitty person, anyone would do it!"

Oh ok nvm

Also you folks who keep bringing up "WE NEED TO BEAT TRUMP" are ignoring the context of Rogan and the easy way to keep an endorsement of someone who is trash vs. advertising it on your twitter and the fact that we're in a primary still.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Rogan said himself

Bernie isn't going to budge from his consistent views and everyone knows this

He endorses him anyways even though he platforms some of the most awful people in America

This is a good thing even if Rogan is garbage

Dec 12, 2017
The argument is if the entirety of Joe Rogan's audience is alt-right. He doesnt just have Alex Jones and Jordan Peterson rotate every other week. Citing 4 guests out of hundreds does not prove his audience is entirely alt-right. Try looking for context next time, honey.
What if I told you that the Alex Jones interview was his mat viewed in 2019 and that Jordan Peterson dominated the Top 5 in 2018?

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I love how quickly some people forget that all democratic candidates wanted to be on his show and are trying to use this as a shot against Bernie.

Like, there are plenty of people in here who have voiced legitimate concern, but I just wanted to let you know some of y'all are transparent as hell.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rogan said himself

Bernie isn't going to budge from his consistent views and everyone knows this

He endorses him anyways even though he platforms some of the most awful people in America

This is a good thing even if Rogan is garbage

Yea, Sanders has been consistently showing his views on things recently hasn't he?

yerrr

Banned
Nov 19, 2019
No problem with this at all. Rogans audience is massive, and the dem nominee will need every vote possible. Do whatever it takes to defeat Trump. Especially when 1-2 SC seats are in the balance.

Right. You can hate Rogan and still use his position of influence strategically. Biden, Warren, and Buttigieg asked to be on his show but he refused.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
In 2020 with Trump? No one cares about black people. That's the base line. If that means democratic judges senators and governor's who aren't trying to take away women's rights and are supporting Bernie's ideas and platform. How would that be detrimental?

Vs. Open season fascism and corruption destroying democracy by the hour.

Honest q.

But this is the worst timeline for sure.
So American history, Black people got to get fucked and we say something about it we are the bad guy? I see why Orlando Jones had to get up out of there

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Joe Rogan supports the Alt-Right by providing them a platform. Rogans audience supports Rogans efforts to provide them that platform by tuning in. That makes them complicit in my opinion. Until they stand up and demand Rogan stop hosting these kinds of people and providing them a platform to spread their hate and misinformation they can get into the sea right next to Rogan and the shitty people he has on.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Joe Rogan supports the Alt-Right by providing them a platform. Rogans audience supports Rogans efforts to provide them that platform by tuning in. That makes them complicit in my opinion. Until they stand up and demand Rogan stop hosting these kinds of people and providing them a platform to spread their hate and misinformation they can get into the sea in my opinion.

You have a very myopic view of reality and people, then.

Oct 26, 2017
UK

Liz 'I'm going to LARP as a Native American to become Harvard Law's "first woman of color professor" and be with the GoP during the aids crisis' Warren?

Funny how we define throwing marginalised people going under the bus unless Bernie went on the show to tell Joe "I heard that racist joke you said 7 years ago and loved it!"

Joe's a transphobic piece of shit who enabled the IDW. So is the NYT. I think it's weird people have different standards for them.

Deleted member 60096

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Literally 4 guests out of hundreds.
Should also point out that he provides a platform to people who claim to be scientists/historians who have either no qualifications in these fields or no peer approved work yet agrees with and presents their quack theories as fact. Even if he wasn't a nazi sympathiser he'd still be a peddler of bullshit and "the rest of science/history is lying to you" shite.

Plus he's a transphobic PoS

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, I was vague.
I'm still voting for Bernie, because no matter what I think he stands for the right things. Even if he throws stuff like this around, it's clearly about attracting the broader spectrum of people, and that's fine as long as he gets in office.

Correct. Politics isn't about finding a soul mate, it's about finding someone who represents your ideals well enough and can win an election. This is part of the sausage-making, and a refusal to engage with this type of thing, at this point in time, is fruitless idealism.

Dec 12, 2017
Liz 'I'm going to LARP as a Native American to become Harvard Law's "first woman of color professor" and be with the GoP during the aids crisis' Warren?

Funny how we define throwing marginalised people going under the bus unless Bernie went on the show to tell Joe "I heard that racist joke you said 7 years ago and loved it!"

Joe's a transphobic piece of shit who enabled the IDW. So is the NYT.
This is man who considers Alex Jones one of his good friends

Goat Mimicry

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love how quickly some people forget that all democratic candidates wanted to be on his show and are trying to use this as a shot against Bernie.

Like, there are plenty of people in here who have voiced legitimate concern, but I just wanted to let you know some of y'all are transparent as hell.
Right. You can hate Rogan and still use his position of influence strategically. Biden, Warren, and Buttigieg asked to be on his show but he refused.

You guys got a source for this that isn't Joe Rogan? In the same interview he says the idea that he's right wing is ridiculous, so forgive me if I don't believe him.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017

Joe's a transphobic piece of shit who enabled the IDW. So is the NYT. I think it's weird people have different standards for them.
He had on Candance "Hiter had some good ideas" Owen with in the last year

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
So American history, Black people got to get fucked and we say something about it we are the bad guy? I see why Orlando Jones had to get up out of there

There's a range of fucked. I see us as being fucked hard with another term of trump. Less so if Bernie or warren gets in .. still not sure about Biden. Probably not as fucked as Trump but moving no where.

Bad guy, hardly. It's a shit sandwich this event.

One side is breaking/not playing by rules and rounding up Mexicans after raping them. Votes with voting for a platform to potentially reduce harm in the future is a worthy risk.

And again the base line here is dog shit for people of color in America. But at least the Dems throw some scraps out while taking our vote for granted.

There is an entire reckoning conversation America will never have about race in this country, I think that would provide the atmosphere for actual change. After all my years here.. I don't think it's ever going to happen so I just assume the worse. People are still complaining that the civil war wasn't about slavery... And that's a huge chunk of electoral college voters. We didn't have that we'd be good. The popular vote and midterms show that there's a ton of people that Facebook targeting possibly couldn't influence.

It's complex. It sucks.

I'd rather it be like a Disney movie and people realize this and vote for not fascism. But that ending doesn't seem to be coming.
Like how are people still in the middle in this country????

It's damning and doesn't inspire me to think it's capable of change anytime in our lifetimes.

Oct 25, 2017
Why? cause the guy that is calling me a nigger is liked by your guy? That is the only difference

I still despise Joe Rogan but getting shit heels to become more sympathetic to a progressive platform without having to shift towards the centre is a good thing no?

A lot of the stuff bernie has said with regards to letting white racists off the hook really disappoints me but this isn't one of them.

If he was signal boosting some alt right rando, I'd shit on him. If he was changing his platform to appease the alt right, I'd be out.

But he's not, this is one of the most popular podcast hosts on the planet endorsing the most progressive platform amongst the dem candidates and bernie hasn't had to compromise on his progressive stance.

Pomerlaw

Erarboreal
Feb 25, 2018
I don't know much about that Rogan guy. Him being friend with Jones makes him automatically an asshole though. But I catched Boyan Slant with him a few weeks ago, so he does have interesting people on his show sometimes.

I mean, from my perspective many americans are so far gone with Trump, that Bernie reaching to them can't be a 100% a bad thing, just like when Bernie went to Fox News. Is he normalizing the guy... Maybe... But he seems already really popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.