• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Masquerader

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Aww, damn. A better man than any of his critics, easily.

Imagine looking at trump the last four years and still trying to champion the "both sides are shit" thing.

For what it's worth, the 'both sides are shit' thing only came to me for this election, Hillary vs Trump was significantly different IMO than this mess.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
The only remarkable lesson I learned from the Sanders campaign is you can't rely on the youth. They love to yell and post online, but come the time to vote, they are absent.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Thank you Bernie for doing what was probably considered impossible. Pushing this country more to the left. :) Thank you for all that you have done.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I refuse to vote for either one of them.

Good thing I live in Chicago. Trump ain't winning shit in Illinois 😏.

JCizzle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Cue all of the people who have been slagging him off the past few months to come out of the woodwork and praise such a noble public servant who fights for change etc etc.
Well, that's certainly better than rubbing it in his face? I dont see the problem with being gracious and polite about it.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I believed in Great Man Theory, I'd say Bernie is our Moses - he got us to the Promised Land but won't cross over into it. Maybe AOC will be Joshua, maybe not. But like she said, don't fall into savior mentality. Keep building left power, local power, dual power, worker power.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So he waits until everyone in Wisconsin infects one another first. Good guy.

Kormora

Nov 7, 2017
I fear Biden's going to lose. He wants a return to normalcy but "normalcy" LED TO TRUMP in the first place.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Very disappointing, but I hope Biden chooses more progressive vice president and cabinet members instead of trying to reach across the aisle.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man this sucks. Knew this was coming but I can't believe Joe is the best we can do. This whole system is a mess and no one really believes what they say. All the democrats dropping out and throwing their weight behind him frustrated me beyond measure. Warren and Harris may be the worst given their open opposition to him beforehand. It's hard not to be disillusioned.

Oct 27, 2017
Sad. What small chance he had of rebounding was probably killed by the news cycle focusing on Coronavirus and primaries being postponed.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
So you people had only one (1) candidate that promised many of the basic things that most of the world already enjoys (like a healthcare system, for once), and you're like... "nah, just give me my status quo and another rapist as president, thanks"?

4fxq2jv.gif
American voters are quite literally brainwashed by years of media and politicians into thinking better things cost too much money and shouldn't be guaranteed for each individual. It is that simple to describe (with layers buried underneath of course).

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, that's that. Suppose there wasn't much point in dragging it out any longer. Bernie's done an enormous amount of good these last few years in terms of shifting the national conversation on a lot of important topics, but whatever the successes of his campaign in terms of organizing, the votes just weren't there. Hopefully this means he got some significant concessions out of the Biden camp in terms of platform in exchange for the early dropout.

Jan 11, 2018
Oh joy. We officially have to chose between two alleged rapists to run our country for the next four years. Fuck this country.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Y'all better vote for Biden or you'll be living in hungary 2.0 4 four years from now.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Democrats and moderates/independents need to lock step behind Biden the way Republicans do behind Trump. It doesn't matter how many problems Biden has as both a person and as a candidate, our country can't take another 4 years of Trump as this past month has shown.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
in the context of Covid19, it was the responsible thing to do.

Primaries are pretty much borked under the pandemic anyway

probably saved allot of lives

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
I'm in Illinois, so I will just vote down ticket. Can't really see myself stomaching voting for Biden while in a blue state.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Let me break down my thoughts on why Biden won. People in America are "comfortable". They just got used to all the shitty things and don't want to fight for more. They just want a Presdient who is not going to be in the news 24/7 and they don't want to fight for more. It's disheartening but Era is a bubble.

That and Bernie should have reached out to the African American community more. Biden is HUGE with the minority vote.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
User warned: Metacommentary
Anyone who says this means 4 more years of Trump should hop into poliera and learn why you are uninformed. Biden is crushing Trump in the polls
Oh yes, PoliEra the most unbiased and liked board in this site lmao.

This is a layup for Trump purely because Biden has continuously shown his ass over plus with the voter suppression happening, its not happening for Biden.

Goskarrr

Oct 27, 2017
Trump.

That much I've noticed from how Biden threads go. Most people on here are privileged enough to not really be affected by Trump and his people. All most of this site cares about is being able to stream 4K content and that their games don't get delayed.
That's sad but kinda the impression I got from this site as well as many people around me around my age.

I do wonder campaign funding wise, how Biden is gonna be against Trump who's apparently getting a lot of it already. Bernie was good at getting many middle class people to donate.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no point.

We'll get 4 more years of this but at least Porsche85 gets to sleep well knowing he didn't vote for a rapist.
Most Bernie supporters will vote for Biden. Probably more than voted for Hillary and definitely more than Hillary voters voted for Obama.

Trump may win with sheer turnout. He had a higher turnout in the Republican primaries (greater than the entirety of the Democratic primary electorate in some states) even though he was/is running uncontested. His cult has only grown. I'm not saying that he has grown his appeal among more people than in 2016 but those who loved him then adore him even more now.