btkadams

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Best Buy really just wants people to stop calling them and emailing them. Their customer service doesn't have information. People should really give those people a break lol.

OP
OP
Heliex

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Friday the 13th seems like the like

I have some hope for this, as I also asked a CO mailman today, and he said that overtime is done on most holidays. Also, Remembrance day isnt a statutory homiday in Quebec (But since CP has government ties, they do get it off)
Maybe mail isn't delivered but express / pakages are... I'm in Montréal Québec BTW.
Also a Montrealer! Thanks, i knew I had received packages from CP on holidays, guess i shouldnt worry too much.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like my cousin will get his Series X/S today. X from Bestbuy and S from Microsoft. I'm waiting for my PS5 so this gives me hope. I ordered it pretty damn early lol

OP
OP
Heliex

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
Yall are too good at giving me hope, them crushing it away. Its like a rollercoaster here. Right now im hopeful, but im not going to relax until the thing is shipped.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Yall are too good at giving me hope, them crushing it away. Its like a rollercoaster here. Right now im hopeful, but im not going to relax until the thing is shipped.
Are you sure it's safe then? I imagine it will be like that scene from The Dark Knight where they had to protect that informant from the Joker and his lackeys by transferring him so he can testify.

Whittaker

Jun 21, 2018
lol I didn't even pay for express shipping and with the no-margin on launch-era game consoles, I have zero idea how Best Buy Canada even sold me one plus parcel shipping for a 15 lb box without taking a loss.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't ship me my PS5 until December out of spite.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
lol I didn't even pay for express shipping and with the no-margin on launch-era game consoles, I have zero idea how Best Buy Canada even sold me one plus parcel shipping for a 15 lb box without taking a loss.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't ship me my PS5 until December out of spite.

You got shiping option ? in canada it was free, there was not fast shiping option like amazon.

Whittaker

Jun 21, 2018
You got shiping option ? in canada it was free, there was not fast shiping option like amazon.

I ordered it about a couple hours after the PS5 event on September 16 on Best Buy Canada's website. At the time they offered free normal shipping (delivery between Nov 12 and 16) and Express for 35 CAD extra (Nov 12-13). I decided that, although I'd hate myself for a couple days, in retrospect it wouldn't matter for the next seven years: I'd have a PS5 and I'd have money for half an extra game...so I went with free. (I have a friend who also ordered on the Best Buy Canada website the same day but chose express shipping. Neither of us have our notices yet).

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I paid the extra $30 for expedited shipping from Canada Post, which I'm sure will have no impact on the actual shipment except I wanted them to not leave it on the truck and give me a pickup notice for like Monday.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else got their charge from BB canada disappear? Both my orders are still up but both charges are no longer on my card

calder

Oct 25, 2017
I sure would have paid an extra to get it on time.

For clarification, the only option other than free Canada Post shipping on September 16th when I preordered was for expedited shipping for around $30 extra. Then when Best Buy shipped me the Pulse headset they charged me $10 for expedited shipping on THAT which is funny. Now they better just be charging $20 on the next order :P

Last edited:

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
For clarification, the only option other than free Canada Post shipping on September 24th when I preordered was for expedited shipping. Then when Best Buy shipped me the Pulse headset they charged me $10 for expedited shipping on THAT which is funny. Now they better just be charging $20 on the next order :P
I guess they realized that they fucked up on September 16... The only option we had was "Canada Post".

Whittaker

Jun 21, 2018
I just talked to my friend who ordered on the 16th and chose expedited shipping and he notes that his pre-auth charge (still on the card as of now) included the expedited shipping fee...but it's possible it was a screw up and the actual charge won't include it.

Skulldead

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered the PS5 DE within a couple minutes of them going live at bestbuy.ca and I had shipping options.
I ordered it about a couple hours after the PS5 event on September 16 on Best Buy Canada's website. At the time they offered free normal shipping (delivery between Nov 12 and 16) and Express for 35 CAD extra (Nov 12-13). I decided that, although I'd hate myself for a couple days, in retrospect it wouldn't matter for the next seven years: I'd have a PS5 and I'd have money for half an extra game...so I went with free. (I have a friend who also ordered on the Best Buy Canada website the same day but chose express shipping. Neither of us have our notices yet).

I'll forget launch day then.... didn't saw the option at all...

Edit: could it depend where we are from ?

I didnt even get options

I wouldnt be surprised if its based on where you live, Im in Montreal and didnt get that option at all.

yeah i'm from quebec too, could be this.

Whittaker

Jun 21, 2018
Answers to some of your possible questions.
OP
OP
Heliex

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
FAQ for Anyone joining us.

- Xbox Series X /S was shipped a day before launch and folks in this thread got it on time, We hope the same will happen with PS5.

-XSX did ship within a box, not just with a shipping label slapped to it.

- Some folks are getting their pending charges refunded, this is normal.

- Some folks got options for express shipping, some didnt (probably based on where you live).

- Best Buy customer service is indicating that the consoles have left the warehouse.

- NOBODY has had their PS5 shipped from Best Buy yet.

Last edited:

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017

- Xbox Series X /S was shipped a day before launch and folks in this thread got it on time, We hope the same will happen with PS5.

- Some folks got options for express shipping, some didnt (probably based on where you live).

- Best Buy customer service is indicating that the consoles have left the warehouse.

Huh, thanks for this post. I went and checked the PS5 Best Buy charge on my CC and it has disappeared. Would have been worried had I not seen this

btkadams

Oct 25, 2017

- NOBODY has had their PS5 shipped from Best Buy yet.
Just adding onto this.. my Xbox shipped from
Best Buy yesterday and did not deliver today. It does not show scanned into my province yet.

Edit: should clarify, it last shows scanned in Richmond BC and I live in Alberta.

Arkham

Nov 12, 2017
The hold was there yesterday (at least on my mobile banking app) but it's not there now. I hope that just means they've charged it but it just hasn't shown up yet. My BB account still says processing though, so there's that. I hope I don't have to stay panicking.