VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
So this is faster than it shipping to your house most likely? If that means I get it earlier than I might do this.

Quellyford

May 16, 2020
This is making me wonder if I should have scheduled for pick-up instead of delivery?? Anyone with the delivery option getting any info?

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is faster than it shipping to your house most likely? If that means I get it earlier than I might do this.
Yes, it'll certainly be faster as you're getting your console 6am on launch day. No way it's going to be shipped to your house that early.

You'd have to have already ordered for in-store pickup though. I personally wouldn't risk trying to change it now.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Weird response to my post which is completely about the in-store pickup process during a pandemic.
Ah no need to take my comment too seriously honestly. Just came to mind reading your comment.

Didn't like how they handled the pre-order situation, didn't even apologize for how bad the experience was on their site. Even some kind of acknowledge would have been nice.

Even though I got a pre-order in, the experience was unreasonably annoying, where any button press was just a wildcard of jank.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Ah, I bet GameStop will do the same. It's a good idea.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up, I probably would have missed the email. They had nothing available after 9am so I'll have to run over and grab it before work.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Yes, it'll certainly be faster as you're getting your console 6am on launch day. No way it's going to be shipped to your house that early.

You'd have to have already ordered for in-store pickup though. I personally wouldn't risk trying to change it now.
But can we even change the option from delivery to pick-up? I can't see that option anywhere.

Oops, seems this is only for those that ordered store pick up. I'm tripping!

OP
OP
ChuckXL

ChuckXL

Banned
May 3, 2018
I'd change the thread title if I could, but yeah, PS5 emails are going out now too.

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Just got an email for my PS5 preorder lol
Make sure you schedule it for the 12th since that's the PS5 launch date. It was set to the 10th so I had to change it before I confirmed the appointment.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If only Target would allow us to change our pre-orders to instore.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Got my reservation in for the PS5 at 6AM. This seems like a good way to keep everyone from having to rush into the store when the doors open. I thought about walking to pick it up since Best Buy is only a 3-minute walk away, but I don't want to get stabbed and robbed on my way home.

bonch00ski

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope my all access doesn't mess up.

preordered at Best Buy when I was living in PA, now I'm in Florida. Wondering if the change of address will fuck anything up

KlytusImBored

Oct 30, 2017
New Jersey
I went for 7am since 6am is just too damn early. I'm hoping they limit the number of people that can pick a time slot so I didn't shoot myself in the foot trying to get a bit more sleep...if I somehow get screwed I'll be waiting on that PS5 delivery impatiently

The Azn One

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Thanks for the heads up, I probably would have missed the email. They had nothing available after 9am so I'll have to run over and grab it before work.
Because their open at 9am. 1 hour early due to console releases.

So i repeat BEST BUY WILL BE OPEN AT 9AM LOCAL TIME for in-store and curbside pickups.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome, I took that week off so going to pick up my Xbox and PS5 both at 6am. Gonna be a hell of a week.

overthewaves

Sep 30, 2020
I got an email for PS5 pick up appointment. My Xbox is coming from Amazon. Amazon hasn't communicated anything except that one time telling me that I might not get it on time lol.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
My dog wakes me up daily between 4-6 am so this is perfect.
Like someone else in this thread, ill pick it up to have it sit there while I work all day.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have both consoles and games set for shipping to my house, but I've been thinking about changing it to curbside pickup just to be on the safe side.

Is it possible to change my console preorders from shipping to pickup? Is there any risk in doing so? Or am I needlessly worrying and should expect no issues having the consoles arrive on their respective release days?

I even scheduled days off from work for the launch week, so I'd be quite upset if there was some big delay in the shipping trucks or something.

Omniblack

Jul 10, 2020
Got the email for my xss preorder, wish my xsx was with them now. Living in apartments and expecting a package can be an all day affair.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
got my appts scheduled for series x on the 10th and ps5 on the 12th. I hope they also let me pick up my in store pickup games for ps5 on the 12th during my appt.

Nov 1, 2017
I believe I picked the option to have it delivered? I realize it might not make it to my place day 1 but I'd rather not take any unnecessary risks by going to a retail store.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Eh I will just go in at lunch and pick it up, I did get the email, but I don't really want to go in that early to get it. Not expecting it to be busy or anything at that time either.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Ah ok I wasn't sure myself hahah! Guess it's too risky now to change from delivery to pickup... here's hoping the delivery ends up being on launch day!

lol yeah I have a good feeling about it. Wondering the exact time will be agonizing but that's part of the pain and fun and anxiety of launch day, hopefully before 12pm so we can get going!

I have both consoles and games set for shipping to my house, but I've been thinking about changing it to curbside pickup just to be on the safe side.

Is it possible to change my console preorders from shipping to pickup? Is there any risk in doing so? Or am I needlessly worrying and should expect no issues having the consoles arrive on their respective release days?

I even scheduled days off from work for the launch week, so I'd be quite upset if there was some big delay in the shipping trucks or something.

Hmm I doubt most retailers let you do that. You have to see what the store policy is.

Its probably a nightmare on their end if they were to have that happen. Best not to change it now so things go smoothly!

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
lol yeah I have a good feeling about it. Wondering the exact time will be agonizing but that's part of the pain and fun and anxiety of launch day, hopefully before 12pm so we can get going!

Hmm I doubt most retailers let you do that. You have to see what the store policy is.

Its probably a nightmare on their end if they were to have that happen. Best not to change it now so things go smoothly!

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Even if I could request a change, I'm afraid it would cause a potential mess that screws up my order.

I'll just have to place my faith in FedEx or UPs, whichever one Best Buy uses.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
My local GAME store in the UK is doing this too (for Xbox on the 10th at least, my PS5 is with Smyths, dunno what they're doing). Giving out time slots starting tomorrow.