• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Been at a football party, they bought some Clancy's sour cream and onion chips from ALDIs and some kind of dip and it was delicious. Already left, now I want more.

Any recommendations? Store brand? Home made recipe? Never had it before and it's really good!

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
For potato chips I used to like the Philadelphia dill pickle and French onion dips.

For tortilla chips gotta be queso closely followed by guacamole. I fucking love salsa too but it's not close.

Hummus is fucking deadly too with pita chips or even tortilla. Oh and spinach and artichoke dips are good too with tortilla chips or pita. Fuck I'm hungry.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
I need some good pico but guacamole wins. Dice or mash avocado, lime juice, minced garlic, finely diced tomato, diced onion, green chili/jalapenos, salt, pepper and a bit of corriander (Or whatever it's called in the non here place; the stuff 50% think tastes like soap). Any plain chip (As we only consider nacho chips chips which aren't fat fluffy and potato over here).

Hokey

Oct 29, 2017
I wish I had a dip I could eat over and over again but I always get kinda bored of one flavour so I'm always changing it up.

chatsquared

Nov 19, 2020
I know this is specific to a fairly small area but nearly every school function or party I went to growing up had a table with Pancho's cheese dip and Brim's tortilla chips on it. It is the ideal chip + dip to me, though honestly you can dip anything into Pancho's cheese dip and it'll be good.

Why can I not get Pancho's cheese dip in California I to God swear I am losing it

Macheezmo

Oct 25, 2017
Not strictly a chip and dip, but I feel like it's in the same ballpark; my favorite is Ritz/Townhouse crackers with a horseradish-cheddar spread.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
My go-to with tortilla chips:

Ghost-Pepper-Salsa-236.png

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shiit, I forgot to mention one of my favorite late night 7-11 delicacies in my last post. Haven't had it in a few years and it is best consumed after a long day of smoking the devil's lettuce and playing vidya games.

It's Nacho Cheese Doritos and you dip those fuckers into a courtesy cup filled with 7-11 nacho cheese sauce. So good and soooo bad for you. If you don't have a convenience store that has a nacho cheese sauce dispense handy you can use Tostitos queso or whatever brand is available. If you are in Canada you can use Zesty Doritos for even more cheese flavor explosion.

TooFriendly

Oct 30, 2017
Mix a can of reduced cream with a packet of onion soup powder and put it in the fridge.
Eat with Salt & Vinegar flavoured chips. This is the food of my people.

snacks-onion-dip.jpeg.webp

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Toss up between tortilla chips and good salsa, guacamole, or queso.

The best fuckin' salsa was this stuff at HEB called Dom's Chopped grilled salsa and HEB stopped carrying it. I think I can buy it online now but it's way more expensive it's not worth it for just salsa :\

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
Does fried pickles count? What about naan and curries?

If we're talking strictly tortilla chips, it's red hot blues and guac

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Tortilla chips with some creme fraiche and sweet thai chili sauce. Don't mix the creme fraiche and chili sauce (too much)

lovely

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Freshly made guac mixed with some cantina style salsa roja and Juanita's tortilla chips are divine.

Also a decent french onion with some hot sauce sprinkled on top with ridged chips :chefskiss

Jordan117

Oct 27, 2017
Alabammy
Ruffles chips and Frito-Lay's French Onion dip. But not the one in the glass jar, the one that comes in the little metal tins:

0040980009678_F__15482.1605552182.jpg

iswasdoes

Nov 13, 2017
Londinium
Tzatziki - if you can get it from a decent turkish restaurant (and not a high st kebabby) youll have a good time

If they do it you could also get some ezme salad which is a spicy chopped tomato and onion dish which is a great dip

sionydus

Jan 2, 2021
West Coast, USA
Texas-style queso if I can get it. Fresh hummus from an authentic restaurant like Oren's in Palo Alto as second choice. Trader Joe's pepita or salsa authentica as third. Guacamole if I have avocados and other supplies. Mashed avocado if just avocados. French onion dip with sour cream and hot sauce as last resort