• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
DPa7.gif

The Arkham games have some good arm and leg snapping, with some good celery foley work being done. This animation has been around since the first game iirc:

What's better out there?

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Was going to come in and say Arkham and MK lol.

Sleeping Dogs had some pretty nasty takedowns iirc. Also I've been playing Dying Light again recently and sometimes if you land a particularly gnarly hit on a enemy you get a little X-ray bone break effect like MK.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
There's a pretty gnarly one in Elden Ring late on
when fire giant falls down

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
Tanimura's combat style was good for this in Yakuza 4, a lot of his heat actions seemed to result in someone's arm getting broken.

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When you do a vanilla stealth kill on a zombie in The Last of Us Part II as Abby it ends in an extremely grim neck dislocation.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
The neck snap sound in Metal Gear Solid is seared into my brain. So is the one from Tenchu. In fact, I think Rikimaru had a stealth kill animation in Tenchu 2 that was multiple limb snaps in a row.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to go behind the scenes of the foley department for MK since they added X-ray moves and shit

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Far be it for me to advocate a Quantic Dream game but it was pretty effective making the player swing the controler downwards in heavy rain to snap the finger off.