• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
The best thing about the Rayman leak is that you had people going through it frame by frame and being unable to disprove it. There might be people going "I always knew it was fake" based off nothing but hunches or disliking Rayman but that's nothing noteworthy.

The best thing about Acid Ghost is everything about Acid Ghost.

Freddo

Oct 27, 2017
Småland, Sweden
I really enjoyed the April Fools back in 2002 when Bethesda announced the GBA version of Morrowind. It was very well done with screenshots and everything.

AVtechNICK

Dec 13, 2017
Fake Baiken off screen shots that "leaked" a long before Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2 announcement.
baiken2.jpg

ggxrdr-a34s5lfh.jpg

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
This E3 flyer from 2004 comes to mind. Was funny posting about it back on GAF to see the creator of it pop up in that thread!

zGbpYSR.jpg

araNMm2.jpg

...Still waiting for RSIV.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This E3 flyer from 2004 comes to mind. Was funny posting about it back on GAF to see the creator of it pop up in that thread!

zGbpYSR.jpg

araNMm2.jpg

...Still waiting for RSIV.
Oh god this flyer, I still remember some of my friends saying a bunch of bullshit about how ''It's just going to be Wind Waker again''.

Personally I remember being interested in Hope. It looked like something experimental that would come from a company like Punchline or Skip.

megaStryke

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
California
Mega Man Legends 3

That counts, right? I mean, it was never officially greenlit, so the whole Devroom was basically one big tease for a game that never existed.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In hindsight that Nintendo ON trailer was completely nonsensical. Did anyone actually buy it back in the day?

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Rayman in Smash was super well done, but the guy was smug as anything in the follow up video.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I miss the days of video game magazines trying to fool people with doctored low resolution screenshots. It's a lot harder now.

Did any one try this? Man you'd be pissed. Was that Tofu man and Mercenaries thing real?

Tofu was real. RE2 had Extreme Battle, but it was pretty similar to Mercenaries for all intents and purposes.

Mini-Me

Oct 25, 2017
As has already been posted, this is maybe one of the most entertaining images on the internet. It's just so amazing.

XXkHKDL.jpg

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I had a laugh when ign and other outlets got trolled by the fake metal gear leak.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This Dr. Mario stage "leak" didn't get quite the traction of Rayman but it still seemed pretty believable:

dmar5.jpg

And there have been plenty of good fake Pokémon leaks over the years (usually tripped up by poor Japanese)

HeUmAoi.jpg