Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
I just randomly browsed eBay for XC: DE a few days ago and stumbled upon this listing

Screenshot-20210125-122244-e-Bay.jpg

That seems too good to be true, right? I know it's listed as "used" but the description says it includes everything so how bad could it be? I jumped in and ordered it but at the same time I was prepared to raise complaints in case the seller just sent me a bunch of rocks. When it arrived, it turned out to be legit. The package is unsealed (of course) but everything is in mint condition and the game works. This is one of my best gaming deals ever, aside from some pricing error on Amazon.

What's the greatest deal you've ever scored?

Edit: shyte, wrong forum. Mod, can you move this please?

Last edited:

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
I never ever trust stock photo listings.

My best deal was actually from a member from here. I scored a Sega Blast City along with CPS-2 boards (AvP, Puzzle Fighter 2T, SFA3) for $1200CAD.

Facism

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation 2 with an extra pad, memory card, DMC, MGS2, Silent Hill 2, CVX, GT3 for £55 off a mate moving country.

this was like a year after UK release I think?

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I got a copy of the PS4 Collectors edition of MGS5 2 days after release for $7, Target had one returned and it was tagged at that price and rang up as "water toy", which means that some super soaker in a different isle was probably tagged for $90 or whatever, but they let me leave with it

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
The local BestBuy had a ridiculous sale on the Xbox One X when I got mine about a year ago. It was $350 with two games, three months of Live Gold, which I spent a few dollars to upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate for about two years.

I feel like BestBuy must have lost money on that deal. Must have really needed to clear out that stock.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That GameStop B1G1 + trade-in debacle a few years ago netted me like $500 in GameStop credit, have eaten from that on game buys + subsequent trade-ins for awhile now.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Gamestop price glitch with Dying light and Tomb raider for $20 when they first came out.

Another one was getting ps4 slim +Red Dead 2 + a controller a few years back.

Cyber-Monday-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-1TB-PS4-Slim-Bundle.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I've had many, but one that was real good was buying Microsoft points for like 70 % off at the local super market. At the time MS was ditching the points so I converted the points to money. Bought all I could.

Nov 21, 2017
GTX 1080 (with box) for around 210€, a couple of weeks after the 3070/3080 launch, right when everybody was selling low to make a quick buck towards their purchases (HAHAHAHAHA)

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
2 Kohl's PS5 preorders cancelled which resulted in $360 in free Kohl's Cash.

Bought an entire Ring security system.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
In 2002 I bought a barely used Sega Dreamcast with 2 controllers, a VMU, and maybe 3-4 games for $20 and some DVD I didn't want anymore from some guy in my college dorm.

megashock5

Oct 27, 2017
Powell, Ohio
Got a few clearance deals back in the day that stand out.

Beach Spikers for Gamecube and ExciteBOTs for Wii for $5 each from BB.

Pikmin 2 and Tekken 5 for $10 each from Toys R Us.

The one I can't believe to this day was Mario Party 4 for $5 from Circuit City.

jonathanp

Oct 28, 2017
This past summer Gamestop ran B2G2 sales a lot. One weekend they had a flash sale that included a separate B2G1 on PS4/XBX only. These two sales overlapped and I was able to grab 12 games for $25 after all discounts.

For something recent I ended up getting Sekiro for $6, Nioh 2 for $6 and XB:DE for $9.

gappvembe

Oct 27, 2017
Oooo, now that I think about it, the original Best Buy gamer's club, they use to have coupons too, I got some call of duty for PC, Blur for the 360, and Tank Tank Tank for the Wii U all for free.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
$35 Pink Nintendo 3DS XL from K-Mart in 2014

Eventually I traded it in for the Uncharted PS4 bundle at Black Friday

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Art Academy for 3DS for 3 cents from Walmart in 2018.

qcoVFKYr.jpg

My cheapest game ever was buying a used PS2 Eye Toy game from Gamestop for a penny.

I also got a Just Dance Wii U with Wii Remote bundle for $5 also from Walmart in 2014/15.

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I picked up a full copy of Fire Emblem - Path of Radiance back around 2010 for under $50, it's now over $200.

I got a brand new Xbox One controller for $15 a few months ago

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Toys R Us, about a year after the DS came out, listed a BUNCH of games for $5, so I asked for a bunch of them for Christmas from my parents, and explained what's going on, and to get it sooner than later.

Basically framed it as "I want to get these eventually, and it'll save money in the long run.

Ended up with a bunch of great DS games to play when I got one for christmas that year.

May 25, 2019
London
Probably when Wal-Mart sold me a PS5 launch game for $20 and then gave me a $20 gift card, making it essentially free

I did also take advantage of a price mistake once for Metro Last Light at Best Buy and bought a Steam code for 1 cent, after they mistakenly listed a SKU meant for a GPU promotion

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Quite a few but I think a mint condition Power Blade 2 + mint manual (no box unfortunately) for about $10,- takes the cake.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I got Harvest Moon, Mega Man X2, Mega Man X3, Mega Man 7, and Uniracers for $2 each, all with box and manual, from a video store selling off their SNES stock. That was all I could afford at the time, I wish I'd been able to get more.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
It would mostly be in hardware, not software.

I got a whole bunch of sixaxis controllers (not dualshock 3) for either $10 or $20 each.

Got an RX 570 4GB for $40 and an RTX 2060 for $150. Bought a Ryzen 1600af when they were still going for $85.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
$50 CDN at Radio Shack for a new TurboGrafx system with Keith Courage and China Warrior in the early '90s.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
most likely when i went into a second hand shop and saw a psone with official lcd screen, the lady couldn't test it because the lid wouldn't shut.

she told me i could take it for free on the understanding that if i couldn't get it to work it was my problem getting rid of it, i took it apart when i got home and found the eject lid button internals was all plastic and had got jammed up. so i feed everything and put it back together and everything worked perfectly, even the lcd screen.

i even went back in the next week and told her i fixed it and offered to pay something but she said no "a deal is a deal".

someday

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft had a deal to trade in your xbox 360 and get a $250 trade-in towards an xbox x. But the discount was applied as soon as you filled out the form. So I got $250 off my Xbox X, never sent in the 360, and got 2 free games when I did buy the Xbox X. Ended up getting the whole thing for less than $100.

Oct 30, 2017
Star Ocean for the Super Famicom for 300 yen, brand new.
Tales of Phantasia was a whopping 500 yen.
Got them at a department store during the heyday of the PS1 era.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Getting that Nintendo Switch from Daily Steals, I think it was around $180-$200. Other than that, around 15 or so years ago, I played and won that stacking block prize game and got a GBA SP.

valuv

Oct 25, 2017
Not really a deal, but after a lot of weird circumstances and delays I ended up getting my Series X fully refunded and was given 110$ in credit. So brand new console (albeit 2 weeks late) and 110 bucks to spend on whatever.

I also won an x1x from taco bell on only one try, so x1x for 5 bucks.

I got a TE2+ which was retailing in Canada for 350 (I think) from amazon for 200, which was definitely a screamin deal.

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Used mint condition Suikoden 2 for 14.99 at a local mom and pop in early 2003.

I think that was just before it was basically determined that it was a super rare game. I went searching for it because I really liked Suikoden III a few months before (my personal first Suikoden game) and had heard that 2 was excellent.

I quit gaming in college my junior year (Fall 2007) and gave big chunks of my classic games collection away to friends, including that copy of Suikoden II... Not gonna lie, kinda regret that -- not because I want to sell it at its high pricing now, but just because I actually do love that game and wish I still had a physical copy, especially a physical copy that was mint condition like that one.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I remember back around 2010/2011-ish, when MS was coming out with the 360 S, EB games was also doing some ridiculous trade-in deals all the time. One of the deals they had was if you traded in any game towards new hardware it would get bumped up to $25 Trade in value. This was the same time when Blockbuster and Rogers Video and so forth were all going out of business, so they were clearing out these old games. I remember in one day going to Blockbuster, and buying 12 used games for a total of around $60, and taking them straight over to EB games and trading them in for a new XBOX 360 S. (and then also trading in my old 360), which I think I got more than $60 for...so we're talking them basically paying me to take a new model 360.

I think I got a Wii the same way...maybe right around the same day.

Those were the days.