• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
Look, I'm not completely wasted but I probably shouldn't have taken that last espresso martini. Over the years I've tried different things but I'm still not sure what works best to get rid of a hangover. When I try to eat bread I feel like it makes me want to throw up. Someone suggested "greasy food", as if it actually helps but having a burger right now doesn't sound like a good idea lol...

What would you recommend?

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
(Vegan) lasgane for me with garlic bread. Carbs, mild (Only slightly acidic offset but creamy stuff), warm, 10/10 had way too many hangovers.

Skai

Oct 27, 2017
Whenever I'm hungover my go to is over easy eggs, sausage links, hash browns and a side of toasted wheat toast.
I'll throw in a pankcake or two for my sweet tooth.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
stir fried egg whites mixed with spinach are my go to

along with gas x and milk thistle *veteran alcoholic

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Hit up Wendy's right at 11 when they start serving lunch, get a Baconator, wash it down with 591ml of blue Gatorade, go back to sleep until 12:30pm, hangover gone.

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
Not food, but I used to have a drink or two which yes helped a lot but is a bad habit to get into IMO. At least that's how it turned out for me.

I think a sausage biscuit, egg optional, would be my preference. And a sports drink or three. Hydration, hydration, hydration. Then shower and nap

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Picadillo and rice. Lots of water and back to bed if I can, black coffee if I have to be somewhere. Sports drink if I can't manage any of that.

Haven't had to deal with a hangover in years though. I just don't drink that much anymore.

Eric_S

Nov 29, 2017
If you can handle heavy food, then stuff like; pizza, döner or eggs and bacon. *edit* The breakfast tacos suggested below is also a great choice! * /edit*

If that's a bit too risky; some form of soup noodles like ramen, pho, beef noodles, et.c.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Bananas and Pedialyte are my go to, I can't handle heavy food when hanging. If possible I love a smoothie

Sep 22, 2022
Many things are so subjective there simply isn't one correct answer.

This is not one of them though. Grilled cheese sandwich is the only correct answer.

Bazza

Oct 27, 2017
Greasy full English fry up. It's daunting when it's set down in front of you but one it's gone it does the job.

Grue

Sep 7, 2018
Some form of noodle soup to start. Ideally with protein e.g. chicken and spice.

If more is needed then go to the grease afterwards, but what your body really needs is rehydration.

GravisMors

Oct 29, 2017
BEC SPK (bacon egg and cheese on a kaiser roll with salt pepper ketchup) with a side of home fries.

BlackSalad

Oct 27, 2017
Menudo or the leftover carne asada fries from the night before with an added fried egg on the top

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Some form of greasy breakfast is my go to. Diner food, fast food, whatever gets the job done.

Also black coffee and gatorade have always helped for me. Never tried bananas myself but I've heard they also work well.