• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fdst1983

Aug 26, 2018
Just saw that dinner scene in Django Unchained with Leo, and for me, that was some of the greatest acting scene by Leo. Was blowing away by that realness and emotion he put in that character and in particular, in that scene. I'm going to start seeing his whole filmography. Already saw Inception, The Revenant (great scenes too), Shutter Island and Titanic.
Recommend me more great scenes by him and next movies staring him, please!!

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
The fact he cut his hand open by slamming it down onto a glass and carried on with that performance is amazing

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still remember one of his earlier performances in This Boy's Life with Bobby D. Great performances by both of them.
Edit: Beaten like Tobias Wolfe.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I fucking love him in Wolf Of Wall Street. I'm a New York guy and he nails the whole...persona and aura of that type of man as far as I'm concerned. Not to mention some of the insanely funny comedic timing.

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Leo just has so many great flims/roles that I don't even know where to begin.

Catch me if you can is great because of the dynamic between him and Tom Hanks.
What's eating Gilbert Grape is another great film even though it's one of his earlier roles.
The Departed is one of my favorite films of all-time and has a star-studded cast.
Aviator is a film that I thought I wouldn't like but is actually one of his underrated films imo.
Then you have Blood Diamond and Gangs of New York which are good but have some great moments.

Honestly, you can't go wrong with any Leo film from 2002-2010.

Gray Matter

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Not my favorite, but the scene within a scene with Tim olyphant's character in once upon a time blew me away.

my favorite would be either the dinner scene from Django.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Man, there's at least one scene in every movie. 2016 is like 2 decades too late to finally have recognized it. xD

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
He's had tons of amazing scenes, but the whole sequence where he's just absolutely wrecked from the ludes in Wolf of Wall Street is incredible and hilarious.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I actually really liked his performance in Once Upon a Time. The single take where he messes up his line and the other take where he's holding the girl hostage. Just amazing stuff

Freedonia

Oct 27, 2017
Specific scene is probably the Django scene as well. As far as film performance, I've always had a soft spot for The Aviator

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Performance- wolf of Wall Street
Scene- Django Candyland scene

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The flashback sequence in shutter island is my personal favorite. I didn't love the movie itself but that scene will always stick with me.

Saganator

Oct 26, 2017
Gilbert Grape. First saw it when I was like 10, and even at that I age I knew I was watching an amazing performance

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
a lot of great stuff he's done. when thinking though, probably Wolf of Wall Street and The Revenant are probably his best. Oh and The Aviator. Ah hell he's pretty great in Once Upon a Time as well. Lot's of stuff.

M4xim1l1ano

Oct 29, 2017
Santiago, Stockholm, Vienna
Gilbert Grape is really top perf by Leo.
But he has done many great roles. My thoughts of Leo changed after seeing Blood Diamond. After Titanic I thought that he was going to be stuck in those roles.. the beach sucked and the man with the iron mask was forgettable.. but then Blood diamond happened and damn!!

So Gilbert Grape made me definitely notice him and Blood diamond made me a fan. After these role he has performed amazingly, like in Aviator, shutter island, the Departed..

Perhaps he is the Meryl Streep of male actors 😎

Deception

Nov 15, 2017

My girlfriend was a self-described "Leo hater" because she's a contrarian and thought he was overrated until I tricked her into watching this film because she loves Johnny Depp. She legit said "WTF, that's not Leo, no way that's not a real autistic person", safe to say after watching that film she was a fan and realized she was wrong all these years.

Last edited:

Landawng

The Fallen
Nov 9, 2017
Denver/Aurora, CO
One of my favorite actors to this day. He's great in everything he's done, but my top three would be...

1. Gilbert Grape
2. The Revenant
3. Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i can't think of a film i've seen him in that i haven't liked. can't pick my best. there are too many.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I actually really liked his performance in Once Upon a Time. The single take where he messes up his line and the other take where he's holding the girl hostage. Just amazing stuff
Agreed. All of his scenes with that girl were gold.

I love the scene when he meets her. Their whole conversation is so good.

cubistic

Oct 27, 2017

I love this scene because it's mostly the emotions on his face as it transitions from panic to relief to gratification to pure happiness.