FreeMufasa

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I feel the Wii is like the pinnacle of the 6th gen look. OG Xbox probably has better looking games on a technical level but the games look like downgraded 7th gen games whereas Wii games look like ps2/GC games on roids (if that makes sense)

Anyway what do you think is the best. My choice is one that's slept on around here, Sonic Colors

ElIF.gif

Can't really find any screens. Post dolphin/HD pics if you can see even the best games look like ass by today's standards.

JJAwiiu

Oct 27, 2017
I think up-rezzed Dolphin shots would be cheating. I don't remember any Wii games blowing me away visually. I guess like many, I was getting used to HD visuals. Probably the Mario Galaxy games came the closest to wow-ing me.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I mean, it's gotta be Galaxy right? And like, only Galaxy, because most gamecube games looked better than Wii ones.

Nov 8, 2017
I recall Conduit 2 being very technically impressive but the art direction wasn't.

Mario galaxy looked great by my recollection.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I think up-rezzed Dolphin shots would be cheating.

Why it's the same game just with a higher rendering resolution? In some games you can't even really see some of the details on textures and models because the resolution is way too low so to really appreciate the work the artists have done a higher rendering resolution is necessary.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
The first games that come to mind are the Super Mario Galaxy titles. Skyward Sword was pretty good, though I wasn't always a fan of the style. Red Steel 2 looked good, if I remember correctly. I'm sure there are others that are lookers.

I guess I agree with the Sonic Colors mentions. I remember liking how the "Storybook" Sonic games looked as well.

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I don't know about it being technically the best, but the environments in Xenoblade looked great.
If people start posting Dolphin shots, I hope we at least ensure there aren't any texture replacements.

I'm curious as to which games pushed the Wii the most graphically.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know about it being technically the best, but the environments in Xenoblade looked great.
If people start posting Dolphin shots, I hope we at least ensure there aren't any texture replacements.

I'm curious as to which games pushed the Wii the most graphically.
I think the most impressive thing about Xenoblade's visuals are the scale and scope. On a micro level it's pretty rough.
It's definitely one of the most technically impressive games on the system, but I wouldn't call it one of the prettiest just because of how rough the textures and models are.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why it's the same game just with a higher rendering resolution? In some games you can't even really see some of the details on textures and models because the resolution is way too low so to really appreciate the work the artists have done a higher rendering resolution is necessary.
If anything, rendering them at HD resolution makes it even more obvious how muddy the textures really are.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Sin & Punishment 2 looked great.

I always thought Excite Truck looked fantastic too.

Jun 2, 2019
Wii has a good amount of good looking games, to the point of being almost impossible to define a best looking one.

Super Mario Galaxy duology
Sonic Colors
Xenoblade
Wii Sports Resort
Endless Ocean 2
S&P2
Silent Hill SM is a good one too
FF Crystal Bearers
The Mario&Sonic games
Zangeki no Reginleiv
The last story
Litttle King Story
Resident Evil Chronicles series
Dead Space extraction
House of the Dead Overkill

I dunno, there's a lot to pick. I would even include a cartoonish NFS game that looked pretty neat.

Last edited:

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
If we are talking about 3D games:
Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Zelda Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Other M, Dead Space Extraction, Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles.

6123-34536boss02-1.jpg

zelda-skyward-sword-750x400.jpg

OZYoE95.jpg

18j36jj2x1ruujpg.jpg

51a.jpg

293374.resident-evil-the-darkside-chronicles-per-wii.gboij_jpg_800x0_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

dose

Oct 29, 2017
With Wii hardware it's a standard and we know what the games look like, and we're comparing real games on real hardware. Not everyone knows what each game looks like running on Dolphin, with the various settings etc. Comparing up-rezzed Dolphin images is cheating.

oliverandm

Nov 13, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
There are games I would say look better in some respect, but Xenoblade Chronicles constantly has me in awe, everytime I move to a new area. The artstyle is cool, the colors are vibrant, and the scope is insane. All of it makes a pretty damn impressive game, considering it's age and resolution.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably galaxy and I didn't even play it. Just looks so nice.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
F-Zero GX

GameCube disc running on earlier Wii models. As GameCube support was discontinued in later models.

TECHNICALLY it is possible to boot GC games in Family Edition Wiis (but without the ports you can't play them).

Oh and with Nintendon't you can play every GC game on the Family Edition Wiis, but you'll need a Wii Pro Controller or a WiiU Gamecube controller adaptor. I think you can also use a PS3 controller as well.

MarcelRguez

Nov 7, 2018
A Boy and His Blob hasn't been mentioned yet, and that's a looker.
large.jpg

I still really dig how MadWorld looks too:
madworld_05.jpg

killer7

Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Mad World

850514-madworld_onomatopoeia.jpg

Xenoblade Chronicles

Xenoblade-Chronicles.jpg

Fragile Dreams

Fragile_Dreams-58fcae49e1ba3.jpg

Fatal Frame 4: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse (Zero: Tsukihami no kamen)

a7fab0e2309788fe231ef0af24d1decc.jpg

Project Zero 2

tagcag1aihrsaoekwkce.jpg

Last edited: