• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

wandering

flâneur
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know a single person that dislikes this scene

The background to the scene makes it even more compelling:

Montana was so nervous about appearing opposite Brando that he kept practicing his lines over and over again. Francis Ford Coppola rewrote the scene to feature this.[16] Montana also suffered an attack of nerves during the scene where his character thanked the Don; Coppola also wrote this into the script as Brasi being overwhelmed by the Don's invitation to his daughter's wedding.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017

Even better that Ridley Scott didn't tell the cast specifically what would be happening in the scene, nor that real animal guts were going to be sprayed all over, so the reactions are real.

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
Which scene hits all the notes within 180 seconds? for me.. easy

I dunno, I think the longer scene where they show up at the house, the firecrackers go off, the money's counted, the mixtape changes sides and there's silence, the gunfight, the escape from the house is better as an overall scene. The 3 minute clip here loses some of the dramatic effect.

OP
OP
woodcutter

woodcutter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nj
I dunno, I think the longer scene where they show up at the house, the firecrackers go off, the money's counted, the mixtape changes sides and there's silence, the gunfight, the escape from the house is better as an overall scene. The 3 minute clip here loses some of the dramatic effect.
couldn't find a good quality clip of it. the whole thing was amazing. whole movie if I can go there.

ActWan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Spoilers for Oldboy and Drive!

Extremely cheesy but one of my favorite scenes ever.

Straight up genius directing in the context of the movie.

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
WLx33li_uqXMnuV4sm3YojEkpfBADuuBXeur_K0Rf3oXOSeJQbybGiiRQ8Es6_Jbycqwix3_jpm7F9ZVS5qUEh2ObqsbykQaLSjtWR4=w267-h200-nc

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Since so many great scenes already posted gotta go with Bloodsport

alternatively the blazing saddles farting scene