TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
We all know that Posing is an important part of fiction. We all know them and love them but what are some of the poses in fiction. Post your personal favourites in the comments below

My personal favourite. - The Ultimate Being Pose from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
p7.jpg

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why do I feel like sometimes people word these threads specifically so that they can troll you with an anime/manga related OP?

Alx

Oct 27, 2017
Not exactly fiction, but :
Karate-kid.jpg

(crane stance in Karate Kid, for those who wouldn't recognize it... and I mention if more for its popularity than its terrible execution ^^)

Also good old "3 points landing"
scarlett_johansson_black_widow.jpg

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm watching Dragon Ball Z Kai as Giant Bomb does their All Systems Goku podcast. This was fucking dumb and rad.

latest

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
The crouching over-the-shoulder pose in Berserk, which was then copied in Dark Souls:
9lxXkS1.jpg

Simple pose, and yet manages to look just slightly inhuman, which is the whole point.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
I did not know Hiddleston and Hemsworth were Saiyaman bro.
Thanks for teaching me what the Obari Sword was.

It's also known as the 'Brave Perspective', owing to its origins in the Brave (Yuusha) series that ran in the 90s in Japan. Because it's a forced perspective that's kinda physically impossible, the Might Gaine figured that came out some years back had to have a sword that was wider at the tip, for anyone wanting to recreate the pose:
http://mecha-guy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/super-robot-chogokin-brave-express_8.html

Sabercrusader

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, JoJo is going to dominate this thread, but Dragonball is surprisingly not a slacker here either. Great Saiyaman and Ginyu Force are great.

I'm still really into Luffy's Gear Second pose though. Fist on ground, other hand on knee. It's one of the coolest poses for a powerup in a shonen I think.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
latest

Spider-Man hanging upside-down pose is up there for me. Not sure if it counts, but nothing is more evocative of the fun, playful, Spider-Man than him hanging down like a spider on it's web.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
mmDwQ8y.jpg

The anime (don't know if it was in the manga) recreated this with Gohan vs. Super Buu, which was kind of weird. I'm pretty sure it's popped up elsewhere but that sticks out.

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
One that stuck with me since the first time I saw it => Kroenen in Hellboy 1

0bstr.jpg

I was like, really sucks that the guy's a nazi because damn

Last edited: