Oct 28, 2017
With Hip Hop beef back in the spotlight, what are your favorite rivalries and feuds in rock?

Axl Rose vs Kurt Cobain

Neil Young vs Lynyrd Skynyrd

Mike Patton vs Anthony Kiedis

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Pink Floyd and Roger Waters. Music feuds actually suck. There's never been a "best" one.
Current feud is Hall & Oates, for example.

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
Was there ever actual real heat between Slipknot and Mushroomhead? All I remember was that in high school their respective fans were like the Sharks and the Jets with each other.

winjet81

Oct 27, 2017
David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen could no longer work together and Van Hagar and some mediocre DLR solo albums were the disappointing replacements we got out of it.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen could no longer work together and Van Hagar and some mediocre DLR solo albums were the disappointing replacements we got out of it.
GEmGBQc.gif

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Manson Vs Reznor
Reznor Vs Courtney Love
Courtney Love Vs Dave Grohl
Josh Homme Vs Blag Dahlia

Dev

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Ronnie Radke/Falling in Reverse vs Escape the Fate, I remember being absolutely shook when they made up.

Also: Ronnie Radke vs everyone lmao.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
I never realized how bad the GNR/Nirvana feud was, culminating in a near brawl backstage at the 1992 MTV Music Awards.

The irony of it all is Kurt hanging out with Duff McKagan after a plane ride days before his suicide.

From the Azzerad book:

Axl Rose started out as a Nirvana supporter; he was even spotted wearing a baseball cap with Nirvana's logo. Unfortunately, the admiration wasn't mutual. While on the promotional tour for Nevermind, Cobain stated, "We're not your typical Guns N' Roses type of band that has absolutely nothing to say."

Rose remained a fan, and hounded Nirvana to tour with them, but Cobain wasn't interested. Rose eventually lost patience with the ordeal and during a performance told the crowd that Cobain and his wife Courtney Love were "f--kin' junkies."

The tensions are still heavy in the air when Cobain and Rose cross paths backstage at the MTV Video Music Awards. Love asks Rose (mockingly) if he'll be their newborn baby's godfather, setting off a confrontation first between Love and Rose's wife Stephanie Seymour, then between Rose and Cobain.

Rose threatens, "You shut your bitch up, or I'm taking you down to the pavement!"

Cobain turns to his wife and sarcastically shouts, "Shut up, bitch!"

Later, Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan and his security crew harass Nirvana bassist Krist Novoselic, and drummer Dave Grohl sings "Hi, Axl!" into his mic during Nirvana's performance of "Lithium."

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
Honestly, you came close to mine.

For me, it's Axl Rose vs Slash. I know they have reunited, but god do I want a full breakdown, especially from Axls point of view. I want to know all about what lead to the split. What lead to the nearly 30 years of no contact to the point that Axl avoided his Hall of Fame induction and calling Slash a cancer. And then what lead to the sudden reunion. Who reached out first? What was said? Has the hatchet been buried or is it truly professional?

This is the rivalry I want to know everything about.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
Love claimed Reznor slept with her, even at one point claiming that she was pregnant with his baby... to which Reznor replied "It would be the second immaculate fucking conception."

See also the video for "Starfuckers, Inc"

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Oasis vs Oasis

Prince and the Artist Formerly Known as Prince vs Warner Brothers

Courtney Love vs Reznor, Gohl, and any woman that was near Kurt's vicinity (Kathleen Hanna, Mary Lou Lord, etc.)

Fleetwood Mac, the band

RMChoodie

Dec 27, 2021
American in Costa Rica
It's As I stated in the Drake/Kendrick

David Lee Roth vs Sammy Hagar they hated each other so much to then go 10 years later on tour together then realized I think I hate you even more now
Bonus Bill Hader does the best impression of EVH from 1997 with no singer in interviews
youtu.be

Bill Hader's Van Halen Impersonation (with reference)

Taken directly from The Best Show with Tom Scharpling's YouTube page: https://www.youtube.com/@UC66YNeiKrfnNeHy7wyMkpOw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Gqi...

Gene Simmons vs every member of KISS not named Paul Stanley

The Gallagher Bros in Oasis it's been the telephone game of the 21st century (you call me/no you call me I'm waiting)

John Lyndon vs anyone famous in the music industry (much like the Replacements )

Too many bands who fired original members end up court fighting for their royalties

The National vs the hip bands of NYC 2000 's they shared a rehearsal space with Interpol so all the cool bands took photos in front of them while they couldn't even get noticed

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
One of my facebook "friends" is the original drummer of Sade. He rants everyday about her and how he got screwed and how he's gonna sue her. It's kinda sad 42 years later. And I'm not kidding when I say everyday, some days it's multiple posts. Musicians are lousy at forgetting and moving on.