Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
Dark Souls 2: Santier's Spear (especially in no bonfire runs)

Chrono Cross: Prism Swallow (Mastermune is ehh) and Double Einlanzer

Chrono Trigger: Rainbow Sword

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Bloodborne.gif

amelia.gif

good ole burial blade

i could do a bb run of bb any time

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Dawning Tranquility from Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. I literally slap the shit out of monsters all day.

dawning_tranquility-mhw-wiki-guide.png

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
You'll have to forgive the quality, I don't have time at the moment to go back and capture/transfer a proper screenshot...

cFQWvYX.jpg

From Modern Warfare. Even better akimbo!

Mar 10, 2018
Eddy's AK from Uncharted 3 MP:
maxresdefault.jpg

So many long, frustrating hours of grinding through Hardcore mode to earn this weapon. Loved the feeling of dominating with this gun in matches full of M9 users. Peasants. *spits*

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Been replaying the MM Zero games ahead of the Switch launch and the Z Saber just feels good in those games. Especially when you get the knack for pressing the advantage and hitting enemies during their recovery frames.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Whirligig Saw in Bloodborne

source.gif

Paired with some Fire Paper and a Beast Blood Pellet, this thing does unholy amounts of damage against beasts.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
McCree's six shooter has nice pop to it from Overwatch

And I'm hitting rewind and putting worth not really a weapon, but a zealadin with crushing blow. Yummy. Throw a (I'm really dating myself here) Schaefer's Hammer on and now you're making a stew!

NxzkNX1.png

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
All those Bloodborne replies with different weapons. Bloodborne is really awesome isn't it.

My fave was the Chikage, but I only used the Saw Cleaver & Kirkhammer in prior playthroughs.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Whirligig Saw in Bloodborne

source.gif

Paired with some Fire Paper and a Beast Blood Pellet, this thing does unholy amounts of damage against beasts.

The whirligig is an absolute beauty. I basically eviscerated Ludwig with it.

The Zweihander from Dark Souls was also divine. For Dark Souls 3, it would be the Curved Exile Greatsword ('til they nerfed it).

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Almost thought this was best weapon in a Souls game thread until I saw some guns lol but then again there were guns in Bloodborne.

latest

I remember playing Fallout 3 and using the Lincoln Repeater. My god what a gun, only unique gun I can remember because it was my go to weapon. Thing was hell to repair and get ammo for from what I remember too. But them headshots a were just glorious.

If I were to pick a weapon from Souls it would be the Uchigatana, I am a fan of the Katana and when my friend put me on Dark Souls she told me how to get a nice sword early on, Ever since then I have been rocking it even if it wasn't the most broken or best weapon.

dasu

Aug 2, 2018
the I-Block in Tetris is the original best weapon of all time.

Accept no substitutes!

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I love how half the posts are Bloodborne and nobody agrees on what the best weapon is

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Sekiro, Kusabimaru. The finest weapon I have ever laid hands on in a video game.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
f9g2olfal2341.jpg

Presenting the best weapon in all of video games: The Charge Blade from Monster Hunter.
Why? Because it does everything you'd want it to do.
  • It can be a sword and shield, giving it excellent mobility with quick hops and one of the most powerful guards in the game (and the only guard that can damage enemies when you block).
  • It can be a huge axe, trading mobility and safety for range and damage.
  • It can can cut off tails in either the sword or axe mode, with enough range to hit them when they're high up.
  • It can also deal KO damage to the monster's head like a blunt weapon, getting knockouts that you couldn't get with something like Long Sword or Great Sword.
  • It can deal crazy amounts of elemental damage that's not tied to your critical hit rate, unlike Dual Blades and Bow.
  • It can deal heavy physical damage to a specific weakspot with the new Savage Axe boost, turning your Charge Blade into a crazier version of the Whirligig Saw from Bloodborne.
  • It can deal heavy damage that ignores a monster's armor with a Super Amped Elemental Discharge.
  • The sword can be charged as well, making sure attacks won't bounce on even the toughest monster parts.
Face it. Nothing else competes.

BigHatPaul

May 28, 2019
Just finished Dark Cloud the other day and didn't do the extra dungeon, so I know Chronicle 2 is the best, but the Chronicle sword did just fine for me. That thing tore through enemies like butter.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Since Blades of Mercy was already posted, here's a gif of my fave pure STR trick weapon from Bloodborne:

FaroffLividAfricanfisheagle-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

The raw brutality of the Kirkhammer is simple, yet satisfying.

Pascal

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Parts Unknown
I love how half the posts are Bloodborne and nobody agrees on what the best weapon is
I'm telling y'all it's the Rakuyo.

f9g2olfal2341.jpg

Presenting the best weapon in all of video games: The Charge Blade from Monster Hunter.
  • It can be a sword and shield, giving it excellent mobility with quick hops and one of the most powerful guards in the game (and the only guard that can damage enemies when you block).
  • It can can cut off tails in either the sword or axe mode, with enough range to hit them when they're high up.
  • It can also deal KO damage to the monster's head like a blunt weapon, getting knockouts that you couldn't get with something like Long Sword or Great Sword.
  • It can deal crazy amounts of elemental damage that's not tied to your critical hit rate, unlike Dual Blades and Bow.
  • It can deal heavy physical damage to a specific weakspot with the new Savage Axe boost, turning your Charge Blade into a crazier version of the Whirligig Saw from Bloodborne.
  • It can deal heavy damage that ignores a monster's armor with a Super Amped Elemental Discharge.
  • The sword can be charged as well, making sure attacks won't bounce on even the toughest monster parts.
It's kinda sad that you need some overcomplicated bullshit to take down a monster. Just give me a big ol Greatsword and I'm good. Maybe strap some rockets on it, spice things up a little.

I'm joking. The Charge Blade is a fine weapon.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
f9g2olfal2341.jpg

The only thing it can't do is fight against flying monsters, but that can be said for majority of the melee weapons.