Jan 4, 2018

View: https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/1782857892409778254

View: https://twitter.com/Fallout/status/1782857894574088239

View: https://twitter.com/JonRush1977/status/1782859477798011351

"We are seeing more people playing Fallout 76 than we ever have, and a lot of those people are new players, as well as players returning to the game that may have been away for a bit. It's so amazing to see the franchise break records and receive all this love," said Rush.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy, I still remember the times when 76 was sold for 2 dollars because nobody wanted to buy that game a short while after its launch.

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
But people told me no one would talk about the tv show because it was a drop and is not a weekly event! Bethesda clearly fucked up!

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Cool now add a pause to 76 please! Should have plenty of money to figure it out.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
I feel vindicated for liking from the start. I'm very excited for the map expansion.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Crazy, I still remember the times when 76 was sold for 2 dollars because nobody wanted to buy that game a short while after its launch.
2_QOuNw-Zzp4hn9IcAs7J8KxnU4BmrCHWFVasi-0YR8.jpg

Back when the Console with the Game also came with the Game 😂

Kinda like Best Buy selling Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox One/PS4 for $5 for one of their DOTDs

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I'm curious when they'll announce a new player count number for Fallout 76. Last update was 17 million, and I get the feeling it's probably closer to 25 million now...

Also 1 Million players in a single day is really impressive. I wonder what the concurrent player count across all platforms was, my guess being like 700,000 or so but honestly I have no idea...

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I play this game several times a week. It really scratches my Fallout itch. Sometimes I'll start new characters and roleplay as a rookie. Good times.

padsports

Oct 28, 2017
I'd be more interested in their server infrastructure, considering the average player count they'd either taken precautions or have a some beefy racks idling around.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
Just give the fallout IP to someone else and lets make a new title in like 4 years so we dont have to wait a decade for the next one

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
It was on sale for like $5 last week, but is now back up to regular price ($40 on Steam).

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Gave this game a shot on Sunday with my brother. Resubbed to a month of PS+ Extra for it.

I didn't care for it, but it was just one afternoon. I'll give it another shot whenever he's free. Definitely cool to have someone to run with, and I feel like there is SOMETHING there that should appeal to me.

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
The Fallout IP is way too valuable to not at least have a smaller studio taking a stab at a isometric game or the like. Waiting potentially another decade+ before Fallout 5 is just fumbling of the highest order. The show's entire run will be done by then lol.

vastag

Oct 26, 2017
The Fallout IP is way too valuable to not at least have a smaller studio taking a stab at a isometric game or the like. Waiting potentially another decade+ before Fallout 5 is just fumbling of the highest order. The show's entire run will be done by then lol.

I would love to have a new Fallout Tactics.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Yeah assuming five seasons, the show would probably be done by around March 2029 at latest. Depends on how long it would take them to shoot and do effects between seasons.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017

They seem to be doing just fine selling merch and the old software. Playerbase on FO76 has grown by 800% and going and many of these people besides buying the game in cases, are also buying cash shop bundles. Bethesda has always done well at continuing to sell their old games for years and not needing to rush out the next sequel.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Man, I REALLY wish they'll eventually release an offline version of this (and ideally TESO as well, but that's harder to justify). I love how Appalachia and the rest of the new areas look, but I just can't get into an offline Fallout for the life of me. Besides, I expected lag to be an issue early on, but right now I have a pretty good connection and the game has been patched a billion times and it's still basically unplayable for me.

Lightsong

Nov 11, 2022
Huh? That's a completely different topic than the series receiving a sales boost.
Not really. The point is, if the binge format is working when the show is good and that the conversation can last longer than just a few days. The impact on the gaming franchise is eveidence for that, in my opinion.

Fabs

Aug 22, 2019
Can't wait for the eventual Starfield renaissance. Congrats to Bethesda. I went back to 4 as well

Nyaghoggua

Apr 3, 2024
What is the current state of Fallout 76? I was kind of put off the game entirely by the way they were doing expedition maps instead of expanding Appalachia. Now they're expanding the main map, how is it?

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
What is the current state of Fallout 76? I was kind of put off the game entirely by the way they were doing expedition maps instead of expanding Appalachia. Now they're expanding the main map, how is it?

If you weren't happy with Expeditions, not much has changed since then, only a couple little things added since then. Map extension comes in June. They added more expeditions with Atlantic city, some new quest lines, items, public events, etc, but there hasn't been huge chances since Expeditions are fairly recent.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Not really. The point is, if the binge format is working when the show is good and that the conversation can last longer than just a few days. The impact on the gaming franchise is eveidence for that, in my opinion.

Nah, two different things. (And I think you're being a little hyperbolic.)

I doubt many people (if anyone at all) told you that an all-at-once episode drop meant no one would talk about the show at all. What they likely said is that conversation around the show would die down much faster than it would if it were week-to-week, which is absolutely true. Lots of evidence to back that up from the history of all-at-once drops vs. weekly releases.

That's a different topic than whether or not the game series has received a boost, only two weeks into the release of the series.

Snake Versus

Oct 27, 2017
I jumped into Fallout 76 for the first time last week and in my 15-20 or so hours, the community has been SO awesome. The game itself is fantastic too.