NDA-Man

Mar 23, 2020
Okay, I figure that if they reveal anything, its a Doom DLC trailer. The art is out already, so its coming soon, and its Doom, so a metal riff and edge lord dialogue over badass violence will get some hype.

Oct 29, 2017
The last one of these that they did when the news first broke in... September(?) (or whenever it was) was really fun. No reveals, no specific game talk etc but four old friends from the industry just loose chatting about their history, stories from Xbox/Bethesda past and off the cuff chatter. It was basically a podcast. It was a fun watch.

Man, now I really want a regular Phil Spencer + Todd Howard podcast. Just shooting the breeze and telling war stories. How interesting would that be!

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
How many times are they gonna use the word "some" in this video

Phil gonna have 'some' on one of his shelves with those block letters

il_570xN.248603183.jpg

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
Is this going to be all about the good relationship they've had? I'm thinking it will be like a documentary talking about how the company's history with MS has been and also discuss how they will remain to have creative freedom. Phil's shelf will be the focus during the entire debate.

Shadow drop at the end, these games now on Game Pass with a nice surprise (meaning DOOM will now play 120fps, something along those lines).

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
They will most probably clarify on the 'some' exclusivity thing because they would want to further clarify for the general and casual gaming audience because regardless of them being careful with their wording, it helped spread clickbait headlines by the media and rightly so. Any person who sees that line will interpret as differently to what they might've been intending to say.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
They will most probably clarify on the 'some' exclusivity thing because they would want to further clarify for the general and casual gaming audience because regardless of them being careful with their wording, it helped spread clickbait headlines by the media and rightly so. Any person who sees that line will interpret as differently to what they might've been intending to say.
Aaron said it won't have anything on game news or announcements, this will probably be only a chat with them saying how MS and XBOX were already a family or something.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Aaron said it won't have anything on game news or announcement, this will probably be only a chat with them saying how MS and XBOX were already a family or something.
I know that but that isn't exactly game news since its just clarification on what they meant previously in general talking about exclusivity and bethesda games during the discussion. Now if it were regarding specific games then yeah it would fall under game news or reveals. Technically speaking, Tuesday's phil spencer press release wasn't game news or reveals either since there was no talk about any games in particular.

Last edited:

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I bet this is going to be more boring than most expect re: traditional "game" news, but more interesting in the long run in terms of intent and strategy.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
I dont want to be Mr Skeptical. But this is going to be a boring circle jerk with a buch of heavily PR vetted questions and answers, isnt it?

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017

I hope they do this, but not sure they will. I kind of wonder if they like the current way it's giving attention to them. Ideally they would give some kind of framework about what to expect from future Bethesda titles, such as 'most will be exclusive' or 'most of bethesda games will try to reach the same platforms they were prior to the buyout') "Some" just seems intentionally vague. To be fair I think people have emotional investment in it and will fight the stretch the truth in their preferred argument regardless of what they say, sadly.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
I am really looking forward to this actually. Everyone's burning questions will have to wait until E3 but in the meantime I'm excited to hear them talk about everything officially.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
I know that but that isn't exactly game news since its just clarification on what they meant previously in general talking about exclusivity and bethesda games during the discussion. Now if it were regarding specific games then yeah it would fall under game news or reveals. Technically speaking, Tuesday's phil spencer press release wasn't game news or reveals either.
It's a possibility but I find unlikely, they will probably (annoyingly) talk game by game which one will be fully exclusive or not.
And it doesn't really have to be the place, this is just the studio heads, Phil and Major Nelson chatting.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Good to keep expectations in check. Hopefully they at least confirm the new Game Pass games coming tomorrow

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
It's a possibility but I find unlikely, they will probably (annoyingly) talk game by game which one will be fully exclusive or not.
And it doesn't really have to be the place, this is just the studio heads, Phil and Major Nelson chatting.
Actually its 50/50 for me now. I guess you just can't discount these sort of events as being just boring talk. Gotta set expectations low for anything important like that! But logically they should say something after the media headlines of 2 days ago since this is their only chance publicly until E3 time this year in May/June.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
The last one of these that they did when the news first broke in... September(?) (or whenever it was) was really fun. No reveals, no specific game talk etc but four old friends from the industry just loose chatting about their history, stories from Xbox/Bethesda past and off the cuff chatter. It was basically a podcast. It was a fun watch.

I liked Todd talking about the tricks they pulled with Morrowind to get access to extra memory on the OG Xbox.

Dat Indiana Jones tease lmao

May 25, 2019
London

I liked Todd talking about the tricks they pulled with Morrowind to get access to extra memory on the OG Xbox.

Yup, those are my favorite types of videos/podcasts - just give us the inside baseball from 15-20 years ago

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
I mean I hope they realize they shouldn't even be posting this if they aren't going to talk about at least one game

(because the internet will get mad)

Last edited:

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Remember to pay attention to what people have on their desks and shelves. We all know Phil's speculation. Last time Todd ended up teasing Indiana Jones.