• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Who’s worse?

• Predator

Votes: 87 13.6%
  • Alien

Votes: 554 86.4%

• Total voters

Parch

Nov 6, 2017
Aliens for sure. Predators are intelligent hunters that are more human-like, so they seem like a somewhat normal enemy for a human. Aliens are just god damn monsters.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but you feel fine for like half an hour before it burst.
But! First you have to be in a room with this, ending with it jumping or crawling onto your face:

41%2BKDg57ApL.jpg

* Artistic recreation in plush form

That's not better!

Bumrush

Oct 25, 2017
If I saw a predator I'd be terrified. If I saw a xenomorph I'd be slightly more terrified.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Xenomorphs for sure.

Predators at least have some warped sense if ethics and honor, so I would totally take advantage of that by leading him into an incinerator or something. Or at least try to.

Carroway

Oct 25, 2017
The Alien is hands down is the more terrifying foe.

IF you are lucky you will suffer a very quick death. If you are unlucky, like all the colonists on LV426, then you'll be dragged off to some place, restrained and forcibly be implanted with an embryo that will then eat its way through your chest and kill you in a slow and agonizing death, while you are powerless to do anything about it. That is the stuff of existential nightmares.

Oct 27, 2017
Predators are trophy hunters. They only kill what they seem as a challenge. They'll easily leave you alone if they don't see you as worthy. Also, they can be reasoned with and have also been shown to Ally with humans on occasion.

Xenomorphs have no such honor or morals. They'll kill or impregnate whoever they come across. They're an invasive species with one goal in mind.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
A species as a whole? Predator.

Trapped in inescapable location? Aliens.

If AvP2 is canon, there's no reason why they wouldn't just use their advance space tech to destroy a planet that's infested with Aliens if they deemed it necessary.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
predator. aliens aren't smart. they're just wild animals with sharp claws and acid blood. i could take it on 1 v 1. a predator goes invisible and snipes you with lasers.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
I was more scared as a kid of the predator because they can cloak

But yea aliens will fuck your shit up and being harvested sounds like an awful experience

Keuja

Oct 27, 2017
One is a warrior with a code, the other plants a parasite in your body that will devour you inside out alive.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Yautja are more humanoid, capable of intelligent thought, and can be reasoned with. Xenomorphs are mindless killing machines.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It's complicated.

The Alien is a more visually terrifying creature. It's hostile and it's even seen by the Predator's as an ultimate killing machine. They are extremely adaptable and can easily multiply by using their victims.

However they can be killed with a well trained force and weapons, they are focused on stealth/ambush for the most part, they don't really have technology of their own or anything.

The Predator on the other hand is an intelligent race with a LOT more advanced technology then us. They would be able to most likely wipe us out if they wanted to and you'd have less of a chance to defeat one even if you are armed to the teeth (unless you're Danny Glover) compared to the Alien.

That said, for me if I was stuck in a building with one, I'd be more terrified of the Alien, so I had to vote for it, but I think either one works depending on how you look at it.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Predators have shown to not give a shit about you if you pose no actual threat to them. As a result I would be the safest person ever around a predator.

An Alien on the other hand is smart enough to literally target vulnerable targets, and being caught alive by one is worse than being killed during an attack. This isn't even close.

Radd Redd

Oct 27, 2017
Alien. Just a killing machine if your'e lucky. If not you'll die after the chest hugger comes out of you.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
This poll is way too easy. Should have been: Which one is the worst way to die: face hugger or xenomorph attacking you to death

Coleslaw

Nov 3, 2018
Alien all day, it's inscrutable, a force of nature, it's only discernible motive is to be terrifying and kill you.

Predator is just a people-hunter, he has human-level consciousness, including a concept of honor.

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to deal with one, Xenomorph's easily.

They are just wild animals, where as Predators won't care about you unless you are a worthy hunt.

But as a filmgoer, both of them have had their mystique ruined.

Aliens are now Micheal Fassbender's science project, and Predators apparently think autism is the peak of human evolution.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Aliens are terrifying, but Predators are more dangerous since they have advanced tech and hunt Aliens for fun.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll take the path for a Predator, who would kill me with a huge knife for being on his way of his mission... compared to the nightmare that is a Xenomorph.

Orwell

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
Umm, Alien? Predators are sentient and empathetic, going by canon. They are clearly not remorseless killers.

Infinite Ukemi

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If a Predator thinks of me as a "foe" that's awesome. If an Alien thinks of me as a "foe", it's probably not because they want to give me a fighting chance...

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Alien without a question - They seem mindless bent on killing or capturing for reproduction. (which is also terrifying)

Predator, you're dead before you know it, and they also have a code not to kill pregnant prey or kill anyone unarmed. Plus they have inelegance and can be reasoned with.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone saying predator..... Have you watched these films? There are examples of predators letting you go, a xenomorph don't give a fuck.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
I can survive a Predator because I'm not a warrior or a great trophy for it to add to the collection. Between the face huggers, Xenomorphs that just kill you on the spot, and those that drag you back to their lair, Xenomorphs are far more terrifying.

Also, Arnold 1v1 a Predator once all its fancy gadgets were mostly nerfed. Even peak Arnold is not going to be able to 1v1 a Xenomorph with just his bare hands and/or sticks. Jaw, inner jaw, spiky tail, and acidic blood? They're so god damn op.

RoninRay

Oct 28, 2017
The alien is the only choice here. They dont just kill you. They implant an alien inside you and just attach you to a wall untill it hatches by bursting through your chest. They don't care about age race or gender. The predator won't kill you if you dont have a weapon or fight back. They have honor and don't kill kids or pregnant people.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
The alien is the only choice here. They dont just kill you. They implant an alien inside you and just attach you to a wall untill it hatches by bursting through your chest. They don't care about age race or gender. The predator won't kill you if you dont have a weapon or fight back. They have honor and don't kill kids or pregnant people.

Exactly! Everyone picking Predator must be some badass warriors or something that the Preds would go hunting for 🤣

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
The Predator literally won't hurt you if you are unarmed, ie. it's a monster that won't hurt you when you're at your most vulnerable. Alien all the way.

If a predboi showed up, I'd just toss my gun to the ground like "You win, lol."

Oct 27, 2017
Alien.

Predator has rules for the hunt, unless you count the piece of shit The Predator movie. The ones in Predators were technically outcast Yautja so they have a reason at least.

Aliens are pure, fearsome evolution. Terrifying and emotionless.