• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rogue74

Nov 13, 2017
Miami, FL
This is clearly a warning to Putin that any kind of tactical nuclear attack will be met with catastrophic consequences (conventionally)
Exactly this.

And of course everyone knows what happens if Russia uses strategic nukes. But that has always been the case and everyone involved is well aware of it.

This is just a not so subtle threat to Putin to let him know that the U.S. and its allies aren't going to shrink in fear and not respond if Putin decides to use a WMD.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
In terms of nuclear standoff, he's right, but the headline is taking a single word from an otherwise cautionary sentence to turn it into something alarming.

Any thread of using nuclear weapons risks a chance at nuclear armageddon. Putin is threatening the use of nuclear weapons in Ukraine because they are losing this disastrous, foolish, unnecessary, costly war. All people need to understand the stakes of Russian threats to use nuclear weapons in an offensive war that they're losing, and stop acquiescing to Kremlin propaganda, whether it's the alt-right on Fox News, Elon Musk, or lefttube streamers on YouTube and Twitch. It's hard to fight against your base instinct of taking the opposite side of whoever the United States or liberals are opposed to, but that kneejerk reaction to defend monstrous autocrats has consequences. It provided cover for Russia's buildup at the Ukrainian border, it justified invasion, it gives credence to Russian disinformation and propaganda, and ultimately we're facing the first credible use of nuclear weapons by a state power in 60 years partially because of that reflex to make excuses for Putin and the Kremlin.
dis was a good post.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
It was pointed out to me by someone that my posts may cause people anxiety, even though they should probably not be in this topic to begin with, so I am trying to take the appropriate steps to shield people from my posts as much as possible.
Someone that anxious who's dooming enough to be in this thread would unhide the spoilers anyway.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
The MO of the cold war. Great to be back ... knee deep in that shit ... again :\