• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Was right of him to apologize, but absolutely wild seeing conservatives act so offended over this given how Trump dealt with the press.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
It's amazing the level of righteous indignation they're having over this while trying to sweep the dumpster fire of Trump under the rug.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Concern Trolling
If it's for valid reasons, yes the press should be called out.

In what world are "called out" and "attacking" the same thing?
It's one thing to call out a question for being stupid, call out a reporter for asking a bad faith question, point out shoddy reporting.

It's another thing to call his mother a bitch.

Oct 26, 2017
In what world are "called out" and "attacking" the same thing?
It's one thing to call out a question for being stupid, call out a reporter for asking a bad faith question, point out shoddy reporting.

It's another thing to call his mother a bitch.
Bwahahahahaha.

Yeah.

Okay.

I'm sure Doocy's mom is who Biden was actually insulting there and not him being tired of the stupid questions he gets asked by the right-wing press.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some of ya'll in here are really eager to normalize attacking the press. Looks like Trump's tactics worked on you.
I fucking wish a modern Democratic president had the balls to go against right wing hostile media the way FDR did.
You say normalize, but modern American politicians are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more friendly and collegial with the press than presidents of the past, and I don't think that is a good development.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Bwahahahahaha.

Yeah.

Okay.

I'm sure Doocy's mom is who Biden was actually insulting there and not him being tired of the stupid questions he gets asked by the right-wing press.

Hey you can argue the meaning of the phrase all you want, but at the end of the day calling someone a son of a bitch is calling that persons mother a bitch. He could of easily said Jackass, dumbass, moron, there's plenty of other phrases that target the person.

I fucking wish a modern Democratic president had the balls to go against right wing hostile media the way FDR did.
You say normalize, but modern American politicians are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more friendly and collegial with the press than presidents of the past, and I don't think that is a good development.

I wouldn't say they are more collegial or friendlier than they were in the past, I will say journalism is lazier than it's been in the past.
It's gone from investigation to regurgitation... where journalists will just repeat what an official on both sides says, label it balanced journalism, and call it a day. Rather than challenging the facts behind an answer, they take the answer at face value and report it as is.
But that's off topic.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
i just think it's neat to see our president call (stupid) people stupid. he should do it more. democrats could loosen up instead of trying to be "the adults in the room" in every situation. just call a spade a spade. also old man biden is way better than polished biden. i don't care if its "more trump-like" for him to act like that, honestly.

we need more of this:

didn't we all love it when biden told trump to shut up? that shit owned

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Abraham Lincoln banned the pro pro Democrat newspapers like The New York Herald. He did this because they were just being used as Confederacy propaganda. I wonder how many people know that.

Canas Renvall

Mar 4, 2018
Weeeeeeak. Why you lose your nerve so fast, dude. Come on, man. Douchey is an actual white supremacist, don't apologize to people like that.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I mean, I wouldn't say "son of a bitch" on a hot mic but it seems like it was a mistake and the term definitely applies to Fox News correspondents.

I have no clue why Biden felt the need to do personally apologize though. This is the exact sort of situation where a bullshit non-apology is actually the right thing to do. "I didn't realize my mic was on" would be a much more appropriate response than continuing his incessant coddling of conservatives.

Like seriously, this dude spends 40 hours a week working for the propaganda arm of the GOP that calls him everything but a child of God and Biden thought it was the right move to personally call him to apologize?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Abraham Lincoln banned the pro pro Democrat newspapers like The New York Herald. He did this because they were just being used as Confederacy propaganda. I wonder how many people know that.

He also suspended Habeas Corpus so he could just round up all the known Confederate spies/sympathizers in the North and throw their asses in jail.

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
i just think it's neat to see our president call (stupid) people stupid. he should do it more. democrats could loosen up instead of trying to be "the adults in the room" in every situation. just call a spade a spade. also old man biden is way better than polished biden. i don't care if its "more trump-like" for him to act like that, honestly.

we need more of this:

didn't we all love it when biden told trump to shut up? that shit owned

This is the best form of Biden. Stop trying to be nice to people who treat you like shit anyway.