Bndadm

Oct 29, 2017
I wish the best for them and everyone at GI. Their Replay and Super Replay content always entertains. And the E3 coverage they did was funny. They are the only video game podcast I listen to anymore. Please hold steady GI.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Half the staff?!

Oof that fucking sucks. I love Game Informer and Imran was a big part of that. Best of luck to all employees who were laid off :(

Aswitch

"This guy are sick"
Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Damn that really sucks. I really enjoyed their input on the GI podcast. Kinda makes sense since Gamestop is not doing so well currently. Hoping things turn up for all of those affected.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Damn. I hope everyone impacted lands on their feet.

Sounds like GI won't be around for much longer if they're having to cut this many people.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sorry for them, it's a shame this continues to happen without warning.

I hope the staff doesn't get more hits.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
gameovergreggy I know this isn't anywhere near a replacement for a full time job, but it would be really great if you gave Imran a call for KFGD, he was fantastic when he appeared!

Bigmac

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Aw man, what a bummer. I really enjoyed them both on the podcast, they each had great insight. Damn. Hope they land on their feet with another sweet gig asap, and I hope this doesn't spell doom for game informer as a whole, love those guys.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Not surprising within GameStops recent struggles but sad regardless. Hope they can all land on their feet.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
Sounds like beginning of the end stuff, unfortunately. GI is going to get hit with cut after cut as GameStop tries to right itself.

BrucCLea13k87

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, one of my favorite podcasts. This suckssss

I've always been worried about GI because of its umbilical cord to GameStop

Wayfaerer

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, this really sucks. Hopefully this is not the start of the end for GI. I really enjoy their podcast.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
This sucks but a lot of us were worried after we saw GameStop situation. They have no choice but to start cutting costs, this was inevitable unfortunately.
Really sucks one less place to work in VG media

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Half the staff, holy crap. This industry is next level with turnovers. Right after Imran published the Ion Fury transphobia article.

The_R3medy

Jan 22, 2018
Wisconsin
Anyone else refreshing this thread with dread? Because this is awful as I'd grown to love the GameInformer people. This absolutely sucks.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
That's a huge lose for GI and the industry as a whole, and I wish those two, and anyone else who may lose their jobs, all the best in finding new, stable, and healthy employment.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
A real bummer both had great knowledge of the industry and I really enjoyed their work. Hopefully the staff that lost their job land on their feet quickly.

Isn't Imran a fellow ERA member sending lots of love and thanks for all the great stuff released at GI.