jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
For years I was a small phone with a case kind of guy. iPhone + official leather case.

Now that I use my phone for basically everything (including watching TV on the train) I decided to upgrade my iPhone X to an 11 Pro Max and - to keep it at a decent size - try forgoing a case.

WOW. This is how phones were meant to be handled, just a thin, smooth glass device that is basically the same size as my old phone with it's case.

I don't think I could have done this as a younger man, but now that I'm not getting drunk and dropping my phone this is 100% the way to live life.

apple-event-091019-iphone-11-pro-8774.jpg

Who is with me? Come drive without seatbelts in this naked phone future!

Kensation

The Enlightened "this guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Can't do it. Won't risk an unprotected drop.
That said, I do always rock thin, clear cases.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Yeah I prefer it too, but am still super scared of dropping it...

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't like the way my hand sweat shows on a naked, glass phone... Otherwise, I'd agree.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've never used a case. These phones are beautifully designed, why ruin it with an ugly bulky case. Yes, I ended up breaking both my last two phones (Samsung Galaxy S2 and iPhone 6s) but both time after owning them for 3ish years. So with any luck I'm sure I won't be shattering my 11 Pro anytime soon. *Knocks on wood*

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
All it takes is one drop, unfortunately, or I'd be all over it.

I do occasionally take my S10+ out of its case and there is a sense of wonder to it - the screen wraps the entire face of it, that ceramic back is gorgeous to look at and touch...but it also feel vulnerable in its nakedness.

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amen, I have an iPhone 8 but haven't used a case for a while and it's bliss. I know the screen will crack at some point from a drop (I've had a few) but I'll eat a screen replacement price for this freedom.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Isn't the 11 Pro designed with damage resistance in mind?

I'm rocking the XR so I definitely need a case lol

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had the iPhone 4, 6, 7 plus and now a Google Pixel 3a all without cases! Like the look of a caseless phone and to me, if the phone absolutely requires a case, then it is a device I do not want. They should be made to withstand any sort of drop or small impact.

I've dropped the 7 Plus in particular many times and the worst it ever got in terms of damage was some slight paint loss on the top and side of the phone. No case needed!

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I never used a case because I always felt like a disservice to the beautiful engineering and it made the phones look obviously uglier. The thing is, now phones cost over 1k, so I've had to start using a case.

(mat)

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I bought a new phone recently and needed to order a new case off of Amazon. I only needed to take my new device to and from work for one day without a case, and it was the most stressful day of my entire life. Also, the rounded edges on these phones make holding it like a normal person completely impossible. Never, ever, ever again.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
My 11 Pro Max will never see a case. Beautiful phone. I use a Sena Ultraslim sleeve for when it's not in use. Not a single scratch anywhere after 2 months of use so far.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Not a huge fan of the massive phones but I've been rocking a Galaxy S8 caseless for a couple years now and yeah it feels nice.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I basically accidentally throw my phone at my feet on a near daily basis. Can't get behind this.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Went two years with a caseless X, dropped it a few times including once directly onto a curb and it never cracked🤷🏽‍♂️ Now have an 11 pro as well OP and part of what I like about these phones is how they feel to be held. A case takes that from me.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I did that a couple phones ago. Felt awesome and looks way better.

Then I dropped it 5 months later and was out $500 because I didn't buy a $20 case. I buy cases now.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the time it's fine, but it only takes one freak accident.

Screw big phones, in any case. Can't wait for 2020's smaller iPhone Pro.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to avoid my phone looking like a broken mirror, thank-you-very-much

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Nope, I can't do it.

I've got a Note 10 and I've got Samsung's official rugged case.

All it takes is one accident and I'm stuck with a shattered back.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I thought like you too but two days ago I dropped my phone outside and cracked the screen.

Learn from my mistakes friends.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I have literally never used a case on my smart phones, from the first Droid up to the Note9.

I think I've only had one or two cracks in that entire time.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I always get a Spigen case because they are small yet work well, but I never cover the screen. I need to feel the glass and enjoy the full responsiveness of the phone.

Jun 1, 2018
The colors on the new iphone 11 pro screen look kinda washed out and flat - anybody else having this issue or is that a thing on purpose?

Deleted member 16516

Oct 27, 2017
I'm with you. Had an S8+ for two years caseless and it took a lot, but survived well. Will do the same with whatever I get next.

Soybean

Nov 12, 2017
Yeah man, I hate cases. I do have one that I'll slip on when I'm feeling the need for a prophylactic (traveling or something), but otherwise naked 90% of the time. Been this way since the first iPhone.

You do at LEAST use a screen protector right?
Ugh, no way. Who wants to feel the lip of a screen protector as you're swiping from the side?

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
No way in hell. I'm firmly in the so fucking clumsy camp that I have to buy a new phone every 16-18months camp and if I ever bought something more expensive then 200€ I would have a stroke just taking it outside the house.