• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Well as long as it's not a direct sequel to Bloodborne, I'm happy. As much as I love BB, I don't trust From Soft's ability to make direct sequels to their Souls games. Spiritual successors are best.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
If this is true then hell yeah!

I really liked BB's combat pace so this could be a must buy for me.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Is this expected to be at the Sony show, or what?

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
-the game will take in a dark fantasy world, resembeling ancient Japan.
-the game will heavily draw from Japan mythology with a horror twist. It will not completely based on mythology and still include many original ideas.
-there are no shields, but you can block and counter with your weapon.
-every weapon has a unique counter ability
-enemies will often loose limbs or there heads in combat. Some enemies will spawn parasites from ther beheaded selves, somewhat like Resident Evil 4.
-you can climb in the game -some enemie designs and the atmosphere really resemble a modern Kuon in parts, but it has nothing to do with this game or will play anything like it. Expect one easter egg.
-most of the game will take place in rural places, but there will be a bigger city to explore later
-the game is more open world than the previous titles, but not fully like Skyrim. It offers multiple inter connected levels, that are much larger with multiple possible paths that give the game a lot

giphy.gif

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Same guy that wrote some pretty disgusting racist stuff further down in that 4chan thread? I don't want to link it here but find the thread and go further down.

Last edited:

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Sounds like something a Souls fan would write
Japanese mythos based but you got a robot arm Swiss army knife
Can't fool me

Oct 26, 2017
Most of that us completely guessable and bizarrely written.
"Not quite like skyrim"

At least the arm part is specific, so well know if that's bullshit when the time comes.

The mechanical arm thing being the only thing we've seen in the game, it can only be so many things like a tool or weapon. They have a good chance of guessing that part right even if it's made up. I'm on the side of it being made up.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
A few points worry me as they sound too specific. Talking about Kuon easter eggs and a city later in the game seems a bit much.

I want this to be true though.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the story stuff means more less flavor text and environmental storytelling in favor of cutscenes, then ew.

Everything else sounds golden. The trick weapons gave BB so much bombast in combat, so I'm excited if these rumors wind up being anything substantial.

Sangetsu-II

Oct 26, 2017
Guy knows it's gonna have a full reveal trailer at E3 but doesn't mention which conference, calling fake on this one.

Anyway I thought FROM was departing from souls like games, this sounds very souls like to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.