Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Read 'em and, well... weep.

EM98-UZAXYAI7-Q5-I-jpeg.jpg

I knew it was bad. I knew rock had mostly fallen out of popular favor and gone underground along with metal but...

Heathens may be my most hated song of the decade. For only popping up in a shitty DCEU abortion I feel like I've been hearing that song a lot longer.

Pour one out for rock.

Everything was Imagine Dragons.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
If this was legitimately a typo by the OP, well, it's one of the best typos I've ever seen

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Thank goodness for Spotify and under the radar rock. That list is not something I would listen to. Ho Hey was a catchy toon though.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
Would The Lumineers even consider The Lumineers to be rock? I don't mean that in an insulting way, classifying them as rock just seems like a stretch.

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg
Those 3 Imagine Dragons songs are positively ass and shit. The worst kind at that. How in the hell are they top 3 at that.

There are actually new good songs in rock music coming out (Rival Sons for one) compared to this drivel lmao.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
As always, the definition of rock music has shifted with time and now a whole new generation is free to rant about how good it was "back in the day".

Basically anything with real instruments gets labeled as either rock or country by Billboard, so these results shouldn't be shocking. Imagine Dragons makes pop rock, gets pop radio play, and thus pop music numbers.

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Isn't this just based around the number of weeks at #1? In which case, go back and look at previous decades and realize this is hardly a new trend. If it's something that was voted on by people, well, people are stupid.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good rock still exists, but Mainstream rock is worse than it has ever been, and I even love pop music

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
honestly i find that alot of rock is kinda too inward looking. every other genre is taking influence from outside their worlds while rock feels like its just influenced by other sub genres of rock and old rock bands. its kinda the same thing jazz went thru for decades until recently. admittingly tho im not on the pulse of rock so what do i know

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not surprised by this list. Billboards uses Alternative Rock and Hard Rock as the labels for what people traditionally think of when they think of rock.

thanks to this post though I looked to see if there was a similar list for those and instead learned Ozzy released a new song :P

OP
OP
Doober

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
This list actually tracks pretty well with what Houston's only rock station morphed into the past decade.

Just shitloads of Imagine Dragons and Twenty One Pilots.

Maybe Enter Sandman here and there.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Screaming at top 3 being Imagine Dragons. I knew Believer would be on the list tho. 😂

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
...Like Clockwork from QOTSA happened this decade and this is all they could muster. The depths of depravity.