• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I'm so glad I dipped in this thread, the twin galaxies response made it all worthwhile. King of Kong may have portrayed him as a bad guy, but it certainly seems like he's embraced the role.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
some shade was definitely intended

mitchellyujo9.png
LMAO. I saw that and thought to myself "Huh, some weird line auto-spacing or something going on there," but looking back that doesn't really make sense because it's not like that in any other line.

OP
OP
SoH

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
EGM put out a feature on Mitchell today. Covers a lot of ground over the past couple years.

During an introductory phone call, Mitchell talked at length about his belief that real journalism no longer exists, that reporters everywhere have been unable to do the research necessary to get to the truth. When I told an ally of Mitchell, the YouTuber and esports team owner TriForce Johnson, that I didn't want to spend too much time relitigating the scandal and instead wanted to focus on a more human angle, he cautioned me against that approach, comparing Mitchell to Superman.
"No one gives a shit about Clark Kent's life, because there's nothing there. He's married," Johnson said, now referring to Mitchell. "He has kids. He goes, he works in his family's hot sauce [company]. You're going to get all that. But if you think that there's something else more under that, that's like, no, there isn't." The persona as a gaming superhero—and the ruling that threatens to destroy it—are what matter.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO. I saw that and thought to myself "Huh, some weird line auto-spacing or something going on there," but looking back that doesn't really make sense because it's not like that in any other line.
All of the lines have uniform width. They were spaced out to fit the page. All of the last lines (except that one) were not spaced out to fit the page. They were manually set to the left side, because uniform width on the last line would make it look weird (like that one line which they apparently missed does).

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
I was just at Funspot a few days ago too, and I always love seeing the King of Kong stuff.

As for Billy Mitchell, all I know is that hes usually a dick. Nothing really else.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
All of the lines have uniform width. They were spaced out to fit the page. All of the last lines (except that one) were not spaced out to fit the page. They were manually set to the left side, because uniform width on the last line would make it look weird (like that one line which they apparently missed does).
Oh okay. That makes perfect sense that they just like... "missed" left-aligning that specific line on accident. I was just looking at the last lines of each paragraph. I wasn't looking at the rest of the paragraphs' lines for some reason.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I found this article on SIFTD, it's yet another article about this whole mess around Mr. Mitchell, but there are some things I felt were "new news" even as someone who kinda has been following along with this subject.

It's a long article, and honestly? I'm only like a little more than half-way done with it (FFS! 16000 words?), but there are some interesting bits like the author talking to Dwayne Richard (the man the Mitchell camp claims "altered the tapes") and how Mr. Carlos Pineiro came about to be the man who did the investigative work for Mr. Mitchell and how he didn't want a signed statement made public in which he said "After seeing the evidence, I retract my conclusions from the dispute case. Billy Mitchell did not cheat."

and when it was included in the Mr. Mitchell's "evidence package" ...
Initially, Pinero had only agreed to speak with me off the record, for fear of tarnishing his relationship with Mitchell. The morning the statement he'd signed was made public, he elected to move all of our previous conversations on the record.

So far? Great, interesting read.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
The idea of some grand video game high score conspiracy against a guy who has been wearing the same national flag tie for over 20 years never ceases to be absolutely bonkers to me.

Both sides will have the opportunity to debate these issues on July 6, when a judge is scheduled to hear arguments on Twin Galaxies' anti-SLAPP motion. Whatever the decision, though, we don't imagine this will be the last we'll hear on this matter from Mitchell.

July 6th should be fun. And I also doubt Willy would ever shut up about this, no matter what.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
In his complaint, Mitchell repeats his previous claims that the result of Twin Galaxies' investigation was "pre-ordained," and that it was undertaken with a "biased observed intent on generating publicity and internet 'clicks' by accusing Mitchell, the most visible of all video gamers, of cheating."

this fucking guy. lol

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
this is the hot sauce guy right? i didn't know he played video games

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This whole saga is boring if not edited into an easier to follow documentary with music to help me see who I'm supposed to hate. I'll just wait for the King of Kong 2.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
king of kong would have been the biggest thing in the world if it was released as a 7 part series on netflix in 2020

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
king of kong would have been the biggest thing in the world if it was released as a 7 part series on netflix in 2020
There's gonna need to be a sequel to follow up with this
The old place introduced me to that movie in some random thread and I will never forget it.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017

The whole arcade section where Steve is trying to break Billy's score and Brian is running back and forth watching him and calling Billy to keep him updated would made the show huge because it's so damn comical. Then it's topped off with the absolutely absurd part where Brian comes in with that giant box with a VCR tape in it so that they can watch Mitchell's new score on a tape that's clearly manipulated to the point that the score continually jumps.

Oct 25, 2017
Apollo Legend, who's been making videos about Billy cheating and his legal bullshit, posted this today

It appears Billy Mitchell has filed a $1,000,000 lawsuit against me. I have not yet been served. Under no circumstance will I settle this lawsuit. I intend to beat his pitifully weak case and seek maximum legal recourse for his abuse of the legal system. I refuse to delete any of my videos about Billy because I have not defamed him. Every claim I made was backed up with evidence. Billy's intimidation tactics will not work on me.

P5oG17C.png

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Apollo Legend, who's been making videos about Billy cheating and his legal bullshit, posted this today

It appears Billy Mitchell has filed a $1,000,000 lawsuit against me. I have not yet been served. Under no circumstance will I settle this lawsuit. I intend to beat his pitifully weak case and seek maximum legal recourse for his abuse of the legal system. I refuse to delete any of my videos about Billy because I have not defamed him. Every claim I made was backed up with evidence. Billy's intimidation tactics will not work on me.

P5oG17C.png
I personally believe that Billy Mitchell is actively trying to become the most pathetic person on Earth

DJ88

Oct 26, 2017

Very happy to hear Apollo will be fighting back. Having seen all his videos on the subject, the evidence is clear as day. Billy is just setting himself up for further massive embarrassment.

Oct 28, 2017
He might have lost his world record but he keeps the world record that's the most important to me.
(Most times making me laugh my ass off by doing fucking bonkers dumb shit.)- Awarded to Billy P.P Mitchell

sirostro

Dec 8, 2017
Statement from Apollo Legend:

www.youtube.com

Angry Cheater Sues Me For $1,000,000

#StopBillyMitchell #FixTheAudio #WhereIsTheLambSauce? Due to unforeseen circumstances the GoFundMe campaign has been cancelled. I was not forced to cancel th...

You can support him on GoFundMe.

EDIT: Already funded!

Last edited:

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Yep, there's a GoFundMe to sue Billy Mitchel:

www.gofundme.com

Canceled, organized by Benjamin Smith

***THIS CAMPAIGN IS CANCELED, FULL REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED*** Due to unforeseen circumstances this campaign … Benjamin Smith needs your support for Canceled

It's already funded, but I imagine every dollar on top also helps!

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
Mitchell needs to be taken down a peg or two. The sooner the better, before that narcissistic psychopath runs for president.