• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes me wonder if the new BioShock game is still in a cycle of pre produxtion dev hell or if we can expect it this gen?

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
Here's hoping it's not an exclusive. Everyone should be able to enjoy this.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Me, externally: "Wow, that's awesome!"
Me, internally:
dff7f8381975371448dc00a429ab1e6144bc46af_hq.gif

Yep. Rapture in VR will be fucking terrifying. Hope it's a good port but I'm too much of a scaredy-cat to enjoy it.

Drifters_

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I always love coming into Bioshock threads seeing and feeling the hatred for the 3rd one which was exactly a parallel universe version of Bioshock 1. Either way, bring it on!

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Just don't make it a full priced game and I'm in.

I'd love to get Borderlands 2 VR too, but not for full price and lacking DLC after it's been out for over a whole generation.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm on the verge of buying the BL2 PSVR bundle and if this gets announced I think I will have to go ahead and do so.

I'm still trying to decide between PSVR vs PC VR though, the PSVR library is pretty stacked but the hardware is better on the PC side.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've brought Bioshock up before ... it seems like perfect fit for VR. I hope it's as good as the Skyrim VR port.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Alright so the first wave of AAA games on VR are last-gen AAA games. I'm okay with that. This is likely on the way to new releases having full VR modes.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's also on PSVR, I'd be all over it! And then I could ask Sony again why there's no MotorStorm, Killzone or Resistance VR trilogy announced.

RagdollRhino

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Given the low-effort/high price model that 2K employed for Borderlands VR, I am not getting my hopes up for this.

Tried it finally. It's actually really good to my surprise. Just lacks coop and DLC. Runs smooth and has crisp visuals on Pro with DS4. It'll also be $30 in a couple months more than likely. They need to patch a few small quirks but that's most games anyway.

Coconico

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Just so anyone on the east coast (like myself) doesn't get too excited for five minutes from now, they likely mean 2PM PST, which is 5PM eastern.

If this really is just Bioshock in VR, I'll probably be buying it for the upteenth time.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there even 6dof head movement with VorpX? (I've always thought that was a given but the video does not look like it has it)

there were a couple of games where they'd develop game-specific injection hacks that would grant 6dof head movement, but IIRC that feature never came out of beta. For the most part, no, it's merely mapping the mouse to the headset.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yay the people who gave us a poor port of some of the best games last gen are making a VR title

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
I'm prepared for it not to be on PSVR.

If it is though, I will shed happy tears.

Coconico

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
If it is BioVR, I doubt it's going to be on PSVR :(

Honestly, PSVR has the bigger install base and if there's anywhere a VR conversion of a last-gen game can find a home (Skyrim, Borderlands), it's on the PSVR. Now, whether or not Sony moneyhatted to get the game on their headset is unlikely, as I doubt the developer would be announcing an exclusive like that on their own stream. But who knows?

People could be grasping at straws considering how there could be multiple things about to happen on this stream, the mention of Bioshock likely pertaining to the release of the Remastered versions on GOG yesterday. I'm hopeful for a VR port though.

EDIT:

Why not? PSVR is where the money's at. If Skyrim is possible, Bioshock certainly is.

Beat by six minutes, that's what I get for liking to type. lol

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whew, could be amazing.

Old enough to be a rapid optimize onto VR's demands, hopefully

But the huge elephant in this room is water. Water is notoriously hard to do in VR as it's already a complex shader object and you need to do all the necessary calculations twice (one per eye).

Loads of VR games completely avoid water or restrain water to very small areas/quantities. Bioshock is... loaded with water. Everywhere, in so many different forms. How will this work? :thinking:

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
I have also the feeling it will be PCVR exclusive : /

Yup. Let's see.

Honestly, PSVR has the bigger install base and if there's anywhere a VR conversion of a last-gen game can find a home (Skyrim, Borderlands), it's on the PSVR. Now, whether or not Sony moneyhatted to get the game on their headset is unlikely, as I doubt the developer would be announcing an exclusive like that on their own stream. But who knows?

People could be grasping at straws considering how there could be multiple things about to happen on this stream, the mention of Bioshock likely pertaining to the release of the Remastered versions on GOG yesterday. I'm hopeful for a VR port though.

Yeah, for all we know it might not even be what we're thinking. Atleast we'll find in out in less than 3 hours.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I just got the Oculus Rift a few months ago. I was pissed when I learned RE7 likely would never come to PCVR and I'd buy Borderlands 2 in a heartbeat, but can't for some stupid reason (as if PCVR and PSVR are really even competing). A PCVR announcement would make me happy. A PSVR Exclusive announcement would make me type up a tersely worded letter! TERSELY!

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Holy shit! Seeing Rapture and Big Daddies in real scale will be scarily awesome! I hope I can handle it, but I have to see this...