• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Black Clover anime will continue past its 51 episode. Don't know how I feel about this, happy that it's doing well and it still going on, but I really wished it took a break.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Black Clover anime will continue past its 51 episode. Don't know how I feel about this, happy that it's doing well and it still going on, but I really wished it took a break.

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Man I don't know.

I've been enjoying the anime more recently then when it started so this should be good news but that enjoyment is probably due to expectations normalizing over time because the anime hasn't really been particularly good with the exception of the Yami vs Licht episode (I don't think there's other eps where you can look at most of the episode and say "wow this is impressive"). I think it could've used a break, with them figuring out the production again and coming back with a higher, more consistent quality. Cause I hear/read production for this is weird and the anime definitely doesn't look like a smooth production.

I suppose this explains why the pace has slowed down once again, with the Water temple arc seemingly not adapting 2 chapters per episode like has been the case since the second cour and adding a lot of stuff not in the manga (hell, next episode seems like it'll cut to GD and introduce Langris as an adult even though we're still in the Despair fight).

Man...I guess I should ultimately be happy cause this means BC is doing well for the various entities behind it and it'll bring more people to the manga. And like I said, I've been enjoying the anime more than when it started anyway.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017

Wow Fuegoleon making an arm of Fire, and enveloping the entire area with his warmth, why is he so godly nd epic, why are all the captains so godly and epic. I kind of like it as they are always so far off the scale for even the kids to ever hope to catch up on instantly. Like Leo has so much room to grow but he is also so agile. Awesome chapter.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Wow Fuegoleon making an arm of Fire, and enveloping the entire area with his warmth, why is he so godly nd epic, why are all the captains so godly and epic. I kind of like it as they are always so far off the scale for even the kids to ever hope to catch up on instantly. Like Leo has so much room to grow but he is also so agile. Awesome chapter.

Yeah the way the captains are shown to relate to others strength-wise has been really good. I think power scales have been handled pretty well and believably in the series so far for the most part and it's cool to see the captains just be insanely more powerful than most cause then you can have fun imagining how it'll be when Asta and co. get to that level.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 48

Even though the animation and art were disappointing/meh, I was still entertained and gave them a pass, but to change the direction of the fight that basically ruins Finral and Vanessa role in it, is really stupid.

At least the animation/art looks pretty cool for next episode based on the preview.

Last edited:

Trojita

Oct 25, 2017
I expected him to wake up when we saw him. Man I totally didn't think of making an arm of fire though. That shit is cool.

I'm a bit behind in the anime, but I just heard the newest OP finally. Man what is up with Studio Pierrot and being able to get so many good songs? Well it might not be the studio themselves, but the committee, still these past few Black Clover songs have been great.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Episode 48

Even though the animation and art were disappointing/meh, I was still entertained and gave them a pass, but to change the direction of the fight that basically ruins Finral and Vanessa role in it, is really stupid.

At least the animation/art looks pretty cool for next episode based on the preview.
I just watched it and yeah...not at all happy about them adding Gauche and co. to the fight. It's like they just see Black Clover as "about teamwork" and so they think that just throwing everyone in there is good when it doesn't. Gauche and co. have no place in that fighting alongside Asta here doesn't tell us anything about them like it does with Finral and Vanessa where we learn about their past and see how despite that, they're being inspired by Asta and are risking their lives. Just not feeling it at all. I don't like how they're messing with this arc so much to add things with no value at all. (and I just re-read this fight/arc too so as I'm watching the anime, at every second I'm painfully aware of how much it falls short to the manga version I love)

I expected him to wake up when we saw him. Man I totally didn't think of making an arm of fire though. That shit is cool.

I'm a bit behind in the anime, but I just heard the newest OP finally. Man what is up with Studio Pierrot and being able to get so many good songs? Well it might not be the studio themselves, but the committee, still these past few Black Clover songs have been great.
Yeah the songs for Black Clover and Pierrot shows in general are usually really good. It's pretty weird lol

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A good thing about the anime continuing is that the chances of Witch Forest DLC for Quartet Knights are higher now.
LADROS HYPE. Witch Queen could be an interesting healer too.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
A good thing about the anime continuing is that the chances of Witch Forest DLC for Quartet Knights are higher now.
LADROS HYPE. Witch Queen could be an interesting healer too.

Ladros would be a pretty fun Shooter. Witch Queen could also be amazing, depending on her kit. I imagine she'd have her scythe as her main weapon. I wonder how'd they implement her blood puppet technique.

I can't believe how much I'm excited for potential DLC in this game.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Ladros would be a pretty fun Shooter. Witch Queen could also be amazing, depending on her kit. I imagine she'd have her scythe as her main weapon. I wonder how'd they implement her blood puppet technique.

I can't believe how much I'm excited for potential DLC in this game.
If her scythe is her main weapon, I'm maining her no doubt lol

It'd be a shame though if it stopped there cause that's right before the Royal Knight Exam which is RIPE for material lol. You could enlarge the roster so much with that arc and it's easy to translate material from that arc to the game due to its format and so everything that the characters do works in a team set up by default.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't watch the anime, but did they do the Diamond refugees? That might push back the Witch arc.
Nope!!! They didn't. Such a missed opportunity.
It makes even less sense now because at least before yesterday, I thought it was fine if they didn't do it as it mostly serves the Witch Forest arc and there was no guarantee the anime would get a follow up. However, now that we know it's going past the Underwater Temple, they can't really weave it into the main chronology even if they do adapt it because Asta gets his arms cursed by Vetto and that's why they visit the Witch Queen. In between the kidnapping and the underwater arcs would've been the perfect time to adapt the LN. So now what they could do is:

1. Skip it, like the manga did. This would be worst but it's what I expect because I sure as hell haven't been taught to expect this adaptation to improve on anything the manga did.

2. Adapt it and place it after the Despair fight. Asta gets his arms broken/cursed, healed, they go on LN adventures then at the end he gets them broken/cursed again and for some reason now we go to the Witch Forest (which I think is how the Naruto anime handled Naruto getting injured in the Sasuke fight and leaving Konoha with injuries except anime-Naruto left 90 episodes after that fight). Or he just doesn't get them broken/cursed by Vetto and gets them broken/cursed in the LN adventures. This would be bad too for me.

3. Adapt it as a flashback. This for me would be the best out of the currently possible outcomes.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A cool option would be to dedicate a couple of those petit clover shorts to it before moving into that arc.
Oh yeah that would be pretty cool. And they could cut the presentation of the first WK at the start and the recap and have more time for that. (Cause at this point do kids really need to be reminded what the 1st WK did, it doesn't even come up that often in the manga lol)

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch the anime, but did they do the Diamond refugees? That might push back the Witch arc.
No they didn't and the only way they'd be able to cover it is via flashback.

It's dumb as hell that they throw so much filler into the anime, but don't do the one "filler" that would actually help out the story.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
10/10 CHAPTER HOLY SHIT!!!!!!
FUEGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fuegoleon just one-shotting Randal was too hype. It's no wonder he commands so much respect in his squad. House Vermillion is just too damn cool compared to House Silva. I like everyone in that family a lot. Even Kirsch.
Fuego thinking about William is interesting. We know that he knew it was William because when he got teleported, he was like "...You!" but I find that interesting because I thought that William let Patry take control for Midnight Sun affairs. I guess Patry was in control but wore William's mask maybe.

The elf gathering at the Golden Dawn HQ is exciting and makes sense (btw, the Midnight Sun/Golden Dawn thing is neat lol). And LANGRISSS. Finally. I wanted to see him just destroy the prison he was probably in but whatever, cool to have him here again. He has cool magic so I'm looking forward to seeing him let loose in elf mode. It's interesting and makes sense that Langris' elf is Patry's cousin and that's probably why Langris is Vice captain of GD.
AND FINRAL'S BACK TOO FINALLY. Exciting times ahead.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that was a complete and utter stomp with the basic Salamander ability, lol. And yeah, the Vermillions are all pretty great.

Wonder how things are going to go down with the Golden Dawn. I guess that's going to be the gathering place for them. I'm also really curious as to why Mimosa was in the Golden Dawn since it seems like every single member was an Elf vessel.

Side note, we got a sniff at some DLC for the game and...it's swimsuits. Interestingly enough, Yami has one and it's his garb he wore at the Star Ceremony.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Damn that was a complete and utter stomp with the basic Salamander ability, lol. And yeah, the Vermillions are all pretty great.

Wonder how things are going to go down with the Golden Dawn. I guess that's going to be the gathering place for them. I'm also really curious as to why Mimosa was in the Golden Dawn since it seems like every single member was an Elf vessel.

Side note, we got a sniff at some DLC for the game and...it's swimsuits. Interestingly enough, Yami has one and it's his garb he wore at the Star Ceremony.

Yes Mimosa being in the Golden Dawn is very curious. She's not an elf, and seems to be the only one in that position as Patry could tell who were elves and recruited those probably, and she's a royal who the elves hate more than anything. I hope we find out the logic behind her being there.

Sigh at swimsuit DLC but at least it means DLC is on the table.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's to be expected, but at least the guys are getting love too. It's usually not like that.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Finally saw this weeks episode, pretty epic especially with having Finral backstory in it, I was so emotional at it and then seeing how he was using his ladies love to hide some of his own feelings and deficiencies. I also love how fast paced the fighting was, asta running was so well done, all the lasers everywhere, perfect perfect perfect episode all around.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Guess who is back is starting to grow on me for the new OP it fits so well with the current arc, especially in yesterdays dub episode with Noella sea dragon god and then Asta appearing with one final spurt of life to block the awakened vetto's attack. Guess who is back!!!

--

Awesome chapter, wish Leo got to do more but seeing big brother fuegoleon do the good work was worth it. Leo will be that powerful and more someday, just wait. No way can this be the Final arc as some people on the net keep saying.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Guess who is back is starting to grow on me for the new OP it fits so well with the current arc, especially in yesterdays dub episode with Noella sea dragon god and then Asta appearing with one final spurt of life to block the awakened vetto's attack. Guess who is back!!!

--

Awesome chapter, wish Leo got to do more but seeing big brother fuegoleon do the good work was worth it. Leo will be that powerful and more someday, just wait. No way can this be the Final arc as some people on the net keep saying.

I doubt this is the final arc. It does feel like it could be that way because of the stakes but the manga has already teased a Diamond Kingdom arc to sort out whatever problems are there as well as shown other mages that are on the level of Mars and Ladros. I wonder how that Diamond arc would fit into the whole elf/demon element of the story though.
(And there are two other kingdoms around from which new characters and elements could potentially be introduced, even if as of now they're not essential)

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Wow at the first half of todays episode. I was like Finral through most of it and the anime putting that AstaYuno twist on it, screams in joy. Tears when the first OP played even. Glad it looked pretty awesome.

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Today's episode was fantastic, they really brought their A game. I was initially annoyed with the implementation of Gauche and co but I thought it was handled well this episode particularly with Yami patting them at the end. I was never impressed with the anime ost, but the last few episodes they have been really good. Playing OP in the fight was hype, I love it when shows do that. This episode really made me wish they took a break to reorganise themselves so we could get more episodes like this.

Yami is so cool.
EhLSCjb.gif

Also loved this part.
PE01Ti6.gif

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I loved this episode too. It just looked great and was very exciting. Though I still dislike Gauche and co. being in there and I also dislike how in the end Asta beats him on his own from presumably tapping into his demon power (I prefer the original version where the final strike is when he's launched by Vanessa/Noelle and as he approaches, that's when Vetto talks about him being a beast/demon). It also doesn't even seem like his arms were cursed here as he was able to use his sword on his own and then pat Noelle on the head. I wonder how they'll deal with that but regardless, I still loved this episode.
Yami is the fucking coolest. And calling Vetto "Zetsubou kun" is hilarious.

I was never impressed with the anime ost, but the last few episodes they have been really good
Yeah the OST was really good today and in recent episodes as well. Playing the first OP was hype but I especially like the track that played when Yami geared up for his attack.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Chapter's out early.

And it's a cool chapter. I like seeing the king because something big inevitably has to happen with him, whether the elves succeed and kill him or what Julius said comes to pass and Asta and Yuno protect him (which could honestly lead to a pretty cool moment at the end where the king finds out Julius is dead and remembers that and stops being a piece of shit).

Elf Langris/Latry calling his fellow elves "vile brethren" is pretty weird cause it seems like straight up admitting they're evil lol. Gotta see what the official version will say.

I like seeing Finral just not having any doubts or cowardice any more. It's really cool that's he's become so confident and ready (btw, interesting that Langris is the only one in the Vaude family to be possesed). And I like getting some Jack hype.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I not saying I hope the King dies but...wait, no that is what I'm saying.

Jack's low key one of the Captains I was hyped to see fight. Wonder what else his magic can do.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I not saying I hope the King dies but...wait, no that is what I'm saying.

Jack's low key one of the Captains I was hyped to see fight. Wonder what else his magic can do.
Jack's magic seems interesting but also too simple too be shown many times so I like the idea of just having him let loose on this arc and then I'll be cool with him not showing up much. Though maybe it's more complex than it seems

Also, damn Quartet Knights tomorrow!

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Also, Quartet Knights will have 3 more DLC packs after the Swimsuit pack.
Oh nice. I hope "Pack" at least means pair of two characters but I can see them just being one character...which would still be better than nothing.
Give me that Vermillion Pack.
Ironic seeing as how it appears to be the better game out of all the ones they are promoting.
Yeah, it's unfortunate. From the betas, Shinobi Strikers s more polished but QK is much more fun to me.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Incoming swimsuit packs 2-4 /s

You're kidding, but I can see them doing a School Outfit pack.

Oh nice. I hope "Pack" at least means pair of two characters but I can see them just being one character...which would still be better than nothing.
Give me that Vermillion Pack.

I am really hoping they are characters packs as well. Aside from the one I mentioned above, the only other costume I can think of is Spirit Dive Yuno.

Did I miss something or did the Yami bs Charlotte fight never get resolved?

They "tied" for the moment. Charlotte's attack buried Yami under rubble while his attack knocked one of her arm braces off.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I am really hoping they are characters packs as well. Aside from the one I mentioned above, the only other costume I can think of is Spirit Dive Yuno.
Spirit Dive seems like it's too far in but it is a counterpart to Asta's Black form so I guess it's possible.
Are we going to do an OT for the game, or are we just keeping our business here?
I never even thought of that to be honest. I guess we can do an OT since the game focuses mostly on the anime and this is a manga thread so there may be anime viewers interested in the game. Can't imagine the OT will be big but that hasn't stopped game OTs before.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Game came out on Steam early...
(Interesting that it's not full price though Bamco often does that on PC. Hope it's somehow the same on PSN)