• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Omg the Langris and Finral moments, perfection. Im smiling silly, such a beautiful relationship!

Also wow, wasting no time at all to get the the main action Tabata sir.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
ep 103

I still get so emotional whenever AstaYuno return to their family and the kids and their parents look to them as if they are the pride of their lives. Loved saving father this episode. I teared up from Asta's wishes and pleas.

Chase

Oct 25, 2017
I find the "tch... stupid Finral" panel hilarious for whatever reason.

The whole set up for moving the mecha base is still amusing too.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
The Tch joke about Finral when they are leaving the cave never fails to get me laughing.

BC is so much better when there's no fighting going on.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Man, I love how fast the damn manga is, whew.

I don't hate Langris' redemption (which is only starting) as much as I thought I would tbh. Although I hope the toxic behaviour Finral's family had with him isn't easily forgotten even if they make peace with it.

That water spirit looks great (I was honestly expecting a sea dragon/serpent) and the Queen sinister as fuck. Really ominous place, I bet at first the Black Bulls are going to be nicely welcome to ultimately be a facade (like in the Underwater Temple, only more serious and this time even more obvious to the reader seeing the last panel and how mysterious Heart Kingdom is). I'm still dying to know more about Megicula.

And yeah come home soon Silfer :_

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
I actually wish they'd continue with the goofy stuff a few more weeks before getting to the heart of the matter, but oh well. I'll keep reading weekly.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty epic chapter with the combination of characters skills and abilities to really take on both of these foes.

BLack Clover continues to excel at team based fighting and the different combinations we get never fails to impress.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
lol Luck is legit scared, wow, thats a first. Your magna will protect you luck, believe in your boyfriend.

Glad the Heart kingdom is going different than I thought. Glad they arent antagonistic and for reals baddies.

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
ep107 was amazing.

Nozel continues to be best of the house of Silva and that support he has for Noelle now and seeing her as an equal is great. He had so much development over these 100 episodes. Awesome

PhantomKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Great episode today, it may not be as heavily animated as I hoped for but still enjoyed and they were some nice animation here and there. Still one of my favourite moments the series.

Here's a gif of the transformation in honour of Silfer.
yxsgGM7.gif

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Ah we are entering a power up arc 🥰 my favorite shonen trope

i a,m actually enjoying black clover more than ever before...im hype for this arc

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Great chapter this week!

Nice to see some "justification" to Clover's magic being so out there with regards to their "elements". Can't wait to see more types of magic. Also really like the "arcane stage" thing as well as the other ranks, even if these things might end up being too trivial and detrimental if other mangas are taken into account.

Gotta love Yami's classic love for taking a good ol' shit. That's a man with the potential of beating a devil right there.

And there you go, a timeskip. Gotta say, as awful as they usually are, I'm a sucker for them. I love the change in designs and the status quo. Now, it's only six months, so I doubt we'll get much, but I hope we actually receive new outfits and, maybe, some change in their bodies (be it some characters being bulkier or having scars. Stuff like that). And, of course, them being stronger. Particularly excited for Noelle, she's been handled really well and is being shown to have some of the greatest potential in the series, which is refreshing considering how main female characters are usually treated.

Black Clover is in a really good spot right now. Getting to see the world after spending so many chapters in the same country and with the same characters as bad guys makes this feel so fresh and earned.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Love the latest chapter so much!!! I'm really liking Loropechika (long name though!). Yami pooping is always funny but this is the funniest example of it yet, especially with Loro saying "pooping is important".

Megicula being even stronger than the Word devil is pretty interesting. Probably the difference between a devil who didn't succeed in their plan and one that did. I wonder if that Spade mage that took out the Shining Generals is Megicula's host or if somehow, Megicula grants its power to multiple people at once and that was just a taste of what the top-tier Spades are like.

The alliance and now the 6 month timeskip is really exciting. I wouldn't have minded seeing the training sessions but whatever. I like the framing and the lineup. Especially Leopold's inclusion. Feels like he's ready for a big moment now. Though I'm curious to see what will be the reasoning for others not joining in. Feels like at least Yami and other BBs should be in since this was their operation but two captains + the 5 from Heart is already a lot of firepower.

Seriously, very excited for what's ahead.

Great episode today, it may not be as heavily animated as I hoped for but still enjoyed and they were some nice animation here and there. Still one of my favourite moments the series.

Here's a gif of the transformation in honour of Silfer.
yxsgGM7.gif
I did in fact visit the thread on the day the episode came out in the hopes that you had made a gif of this so I was so happy to see this. Love that episode so much.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Great chapter this week!

Nice to see some "justification" to Clover's magic being so out there with regards to their "elements". Can't wait to see more types of magic. Also really like the "arcane stage" thing as well as the other ranks, even if these things might end up being too trivial and detrimental if other mangas are taken into account.

Gotta love Yami's classic love for taking a good ol' shit. That's a man with the potential of beating a devil right there.

And there you go, a timeskip. Gotta say, as awful as they usually are, I'm a sucker for them. I love the change in designs and the status quo. Now, it's only six months, so I doubt we'll get much, but I hope we actually receive new outfits and, maybe, some change in their bodies (be it some characters being bulkier or having scars. Stuff like that). And, of course, them being stronger. Particularly excited for Noelle, she's been handled really well and is being shown to have some of the greatest potential in the series, which is refreshing considering how main female characters are usually treated.

Black Clover is in a really good spot right now. Getting to see the world after spending so many chapters in the same country and with the same characters as bad guys makes this feel so fresh and earned.

Dude yes, the explanation for the different magic types was so interesting. I like the idea of deep understanding of nature based stuff vs magic derived from nature but sometimes using artificial things.

New outfits would be cool! Like you, I'm not holding my breath since it's only six months but I'd like that.

And yeah, the setup for new villains and increased scope have been so cool. It really feels nice after 4 years of Midnight Sun stuff.

I wonder how long in-universe it'll take for Megicula to go down. We're skipping ahead 6 months but Loropechika's still got 6 months to live so maybe it'll take some time and kinda go down to the wire. (The first saga was a bit over 6 months from Asta becoming an MK to the elves going away)

OP
OP
Dedication Through Light
Oct 25, 2017
Would have put some content there with training moments but I guess it will be referred to with backstories. Assuming anime continues, guess there is the chance for original content here for six months. I hope.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome back Silfer.

Agreed on the time skip thing. I do a love a decent one. I prefer if they are like a year or more so we can see major changes, but hopefully we get some good stuff here.

I wonder how long in-universe it'll take for Megicula to go down. We're skipping ahead 6 months but Loropechika's still got 6 months to live so maybe it'll take some time and kinda go down to the wire. (The first saga was a bit over 6 months from Asta becoming an MK to the elves going away)

Yeah, I think it's going to come down to the wire as well. I definitely don't see it going well when things pop off with Megicula. I hope Loro makes it though if that happens though.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Asta will be 1 cm taller, just you wait! Our boy's still in his growing years.
Dude yes, the explanation for the different magic types was so interesting. I like the idea of deep understanding of nature based stuff vs magic derived from nature but sometimes using artificial things.

New outfits would be cool! Like you, I'm not holding my breath since it's only six months but I'd like that.

And yeah, the setup for new villains and increased scope have been so cool. It really feels nice after 4 years of Midnight Sun stuff.

I honestly had forgotten about how tight the first saga's timeline actually is, although it's well handled and doesn't feel illogical (unlike, say, pretimeskip One Piece -way too few months for the amount of things that happen. Brook barely knows them before Sabaody lmao-).

Megicula is sounding really grand, I can't wait to see the design, the Word Demon was really creepy and conveyed being from a hellish dimension really well.

Also, I guess Noelle could learn a few things here and there from the Water Spirit? I feel as you do with regards to her probably being better off on her own (as cool as her having such being with her would be) and the lack of reaction from her has been interesting seeing as it's her element.

Oh, and I can't wait to see Heart's Zero Stage wizards. The new dude is cool and so is the princess. I wonder what kind of fucked up magic Spade will have. Also like we've been getting some of Diamond's point of view.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Diamond Kingdom keeps losing. Have they ever done anything with the other set of Mage Knights or whatever they teased with Morris back in the day?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Would have put some content there with training moments but I guess it will be referred to with backstories. Assuming anime continues, guess there is the chance for original content here for six months. I hope.
Yeah I would've liked seeing those 6 months but I'm fine with this. A cool part of timeskips is when you get to surprise the reader with the new abilities so I'm looking forward to that.

And yeah, prime filler material lol. Pierrot salivating right now. (right now there's this timeskip and the part right after the trial that they could tap into for filler if necessary)
Welcome back Silfer.

Agreed on the time skip thing. I do a love a decent one. I prefer if they are like a year or more so we can see major changes, but hopefully we get some good stuff here.

Yeah, I think it's going to come down to the wire as well. I definitely don't see it going well when things pop off with Megicula. I hope Loro makes it though if that happens though.
Thank you!

Yeah an early Spade encounter will probably go wrong or everything won't go be as it seems, like how when Mereo was clowning Raia and the raid looked like it'd be short but then we got the longest arc lol.
Asta will be 1 cm taller, just you wait! Our boy's still in his growing years.

I honestly had forgotten about how tight the first saga's timeline actually is, although it's well handled and doesn't feel illogical (unlike, say, pretimeskip One Piece -way too few months for the amount of things that happen. Brook barely knows them before Sabaody lmao-).

Megicula is sounding really grand, I can't wait to see the design, the Word Demon was really creepy and conveyed being from a hellish dimension really well.

Also, I guess Noelle could learn a few things here and there from the Water Spirit? I feel as you do with regards to her probably being better off on her own (as cool as her having such being with her would be) and the lack of reaction from her has been interesting seeing as it's her element.

Oh, and I can't wait to see Heart's Zero Stage wizards. The new dude is cool and so is the princess. I wonder what kind of fucked up magic Spade will have. Also like we've been getting some of Diamond's point of view.
Looking forward to Megicula's proper reveal as well. The reveal of the Word devil's appearance is one of the most memorable parts of the whole manga for me so I hope Megicula's reveal delivers too. Especially with the build up its getting.
(For now, all we know is it has big-ass horns. Horn size = power/status in demon world maybe??)

Noelle training with Undine is a really cool idea, I hope that's what's happening. Cause Undine fights with water armor too.
Diamond Kingdom keeps losing. Have they ever done anything with the other set of Mage Knights or whatever they teased with Morris back in the day?
So they had 8 Shining Generals. 3 of them fought against Golden Dawn and lost (they were killed I think) and now two of the ones teased have been defeated (killed?).
kyzt1qll.jpg

So all that's left from what we've seen is Ladros, Mars and the mysterious guy in the middle who my shonen-trash senses tell me is probably the strongest.

What I expect now if we're getting any Diamond stuff here is at the very least Mars and Ladros to show up in the fight against Spade at some point. Maybe others from Diamond as part of a greater effort and there's a proper "Triple Team on Spade" alliance but for now I don't think so.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Wait so the jabronis Morris was hyping up were Ladros (admittedly very strong) Mars (Also pretty tough) and then the other shining generals who were a bunch of goobers who got beat by the regular members of the Golden Dawn?

I thought Morris was talking about a group who surpassed the eight shining generals.

EDIT: Oh okay. There's just one mystery dude left, the Magic Warriors/Knights not the shining generals. Still paints the Diamond Kingdom as a weak power relatively speaking. So far they've only had Ladros, Mars, and dude who runs away as even halfway decent threats.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wait so the jabronis Morris was hyping up were Ladros (admittedly very strong) Mars (Also pretty tough) and then the other shining generals who were a bunch of goobers who got beat by the regular members of the Golden Dawn?

I thought Morris was talking about a group who surpassed the eight shining generals.

EDIT: Oh okay. There's just one mystery dude left, the Magic Warriors/Knights not the shining generals. Still paints the Diamond Kingdom as a weak power relatively speaking. So far they've only had Ladros, Mars, and dude who runs away as even halfway decent threats.

Yeah...no one above the Generals as far as I know and at the very least, it's safe to say the power floor for their generals is low. Maybe that one mystery mage is ridiculously strong but from what we've seen of Clover captains, that one Spade guy and with the Heart's other guardians presumably being around Gaja's level, Diamond does indeed look pretty weak.

(Though to be fair, the only "regular" GD that a shining general lost to was Yuno. The other two lost to William and Langris. Still not great considering how easily they lost though lol)

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
He lost to a mere commoner, Diamond remains trash!

I did think of you when we saw an entire battlefield of DK corpses though.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
Those new guys were just used as hype tools unfortunately. They were even pointed out to be as strong as Captains. I wouldn't hold that loss against them or consider them weak because of it.

Those old guys definitely sucked though. Morris had the right idea to use them as fodder.

Last edited:

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Love the latest chapter so much!!! I'm really liking Loropechika (long name though!). Yami pooping is always funny but this is the funniest example of it yet, especially with Loro saying "pooping is important".

Megicula being even stronger than the Word devil is pretty interesting. Probably the difference between a devil who didn't succeed in their plan and one that did. I wonder if that Spade mage that took out the Shining Generals is Megicula's host or if somehow, Megicula grants its power to multiple people at once and that was just a taste of what the top-tier Spades are like.

The alliance and now the 6 month timeskip is really exciting. I wouldn't have minded seeing the training sessions but whatever. I like the framing and the lineup. Especially Leopold's inclusion. Feels like he's ready for a big moment now. Though I'm curious to see what will be the reasoning for others not joining in. Feels like at least Yami and other BBs should be in since this was their operation but two captains + the 5 from Heart is already a lot of firepower.

Seriously, very excited for what's ahead.

I did in fact visit the thread on the day the episode came out in the hopes that you had made a gif of this so I was so happy to see this. Love that episode so much.

You are back ;_;

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Those new guys were just used as hype tools unfortunately. They were even pointed out to be as strong as Captains. I wouldn't hold that loss against them or consider them weak because of it.

Those old guys definitely sucked though. Morris had the right idea to use them as fodder.
Truly a sad fate yet one you know any battle shonen character can be a victim of lol. Even sadder when I consider that, at least for me, the most impactful "ohhhhh shiiiiiiiit" part of that chapter wasn't seeing them on the ground but rather Luck not wanting to fight. But yeah we can just look at it as what happens when you face Spade unprepared, no matter how strong you are.
I am back!
Btw, I was reading you and Blackleg-sanji1 being like "for Silfer I'll pray Noelle gets the spirit" and cracking up like "that's not what I want" lmao.

Though honestly with Undine fighting using water armor like Noelle and the (literal) deadline on Loro's life potentially resulting in both Undine and Noelle having lost someone important to Megicula, I feel like there's a slight chance. But I'd still rather have her stay with Loro forever.
-------------------
Btw I'm really curious about Zora. He's the only Black Bull who hasn't been seen since the trial and was said to be off doing something before the others went to the Heart. Wonder if there's anything going on with him. (I was looking pretty grim in this chapter but that's basically his aesthetic anyway)

Last edited:

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
This week's Black Clover dub was pretty good. I like how they didn't even bother to try and recruit real Xerx or those other jabronis. Asta agreeing to be experimented on was the lewdest thing he has ever done. Magna finally realized his hair and glasses looked dumb so he's kept his battle damaged look.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The real question.... do we get a ace kingdom
If there's an "Ace" thing, my guess is that it's that guy from last week's chapter if he's the strongest from his kingdom and he's the "Ace of Spades". Gotta see if his Spade symbol looks different from the others in his country but it seems to be pretty detailed.

Or maybe every country's strongest is their "ace".
The real question, will Luck ever win a fight?
He has though. He won against Lotus and Reve/Elf-Dorothy.
(He also softened up Vetto!)

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Ace Fighting Squad will be formed when all the strongest fighters in each kingdom have to team up to take down the final villain

book it

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of card things, we do have 12 fighters chosen from Clover, compared to 13 for each card suit. If those are the only ones who go then I guess whoever isn't coming is the Clover "ace", whoever is the strongest in the kingdom right now (and none of the candidates for that title imo were shown). If that's intentional, that's neat.

Also, Fulminator I am pleasantly surprised to see you post here. It's cool! I was happy to see you say you're hype for the coming arc.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of card things, we do have 12 fighters chosen from Clover, compared to 13 for each card suit. If those are the only ones who go then I guess whoever isn't coming is the Clover "ace", whoever is the strongest in the kingdom right now (and none of the candidates for that title imo were shown). If that's intentional, that's neat.

Also, Fulminator I am pleasantly surprised to see you post here. It's cool! I was happy to see you say you're hype for the coming arc.
We're entering Shōnen big leagues here, we got a timeskip training arc

how could I not be hype

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
We're entering Shōnen big leagues here, we got a timeskip training arc

how could I not be hype
Yup. Even if it's a small timeskip which reduces how broad the changes can be (like, new designs would be cool but not guaranteed), at least the training results are gonna be hype.

I'm curious to see what everyone works on. I'm guessing Asta will get better at shaping his anti-magic, he's been experimenting with that since the devil fight. I hope Luck at least gets back to that cool form that his elf had.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Even if it's a small timeskip which reduces how broad the changes can be (like, new designs would be cool but not guaranteed), at least the training results are gonna be hype.

I'm curious to see what everyone works on. I'm guessing Asta will get better at shaping his anti-magic, he's been experimenting with that since the devil fight. I hope Luck at least gets back to that cool form that his elf had.
I do t remember if he's a part of this but I want magna to get a power up

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I do t remember if he's a part of this but I want magna to get a power up

Magna wasn't shown so he's presumably not in the assault squad. But yeah I'd like him to get a power up too. He's the Bull that's the most at risk of falling behind due to being a peasant but he's been able to keep up for now. I'm cool with him not being chosen because as a fire user, Leopold needs the shine more but I assume everyone in the series will just get stronger over the timeskip even if they're not trained by the Heart people.