• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
https://www.callofduty.com/blackops4

COMMUNITY REVEAL EVENT, MAY 17
The event begins at 10AM PT // 1PM ET // 6PM BST.

It is almost here.

I'm mostly excited to see what Treyarch brings to the table, what is new, and how they outdo themselves from here, after 3 great games. It would also be good to finally know what is real and what is not with all these "leaks".

I think with the perks and pick 10, this is already going to be a normal COD game (not overwatch). Now I wonder if Battle royale and no campaign will be true. Switch version will be icing on the cake for me, but I highly doubt it at this point. I wonder how they will handle it all, since they know the community is very aware, and weary about this game already due to the major concerns with these "leaks".

I'm very excited to see what this is, I skipped the last 2 Cods, and I still go back to BO3 from time to time. The Black ops games are my favorite games in the series, and Treyarch has yet to fail me, yes I enjoy BO3.

Hopefully we see a lot of multiplayer, a lot of gameplay, some zombies, get a clear indication of what the game is, hopefully boots on the ground with the Treyarch flair, and a Beta announcement and release.

Looking forward to hopefully another great COD game, we have not gotten a good one in 3 years, in my opinion

Any hopes or expectations for this reveal, am I the only one excited and hoping to jump back with BO4? I miss it.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really hyped, I'll be honest. Black Ops 1, 2 and 3 are probably the shooter I played online the most in this decade. With or without a campaign, with or without proper Zombies, regardless of what's up with Battle Royale, I have faith in Treyarch, they earned my trust. Just a few days ago I booted BO3 again after a bit, and hell, it still is the best playing Call Of Duty this generation. It just feels so much better than IW, WW2, Ghosts or AW. I'm sure that if all else fails they'll deliver a fun and exciting multiplayer, and that's what I need the most.

Oct 25, 2017
At this point I don't care about the campaign anymore(despite being extremely disappointed)

I just hope the other rumors weren't true.

If zombies isn't Tank Dempsy and crew I don't care anymore.

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm really hyped, I'll be honest. Black Ops 1, 2 and 3 are probably the shooter I played online the most in this decade. With or without a campaign, with or without proper Zombies, regardless of what's up with Battle Royale, I have faith in Treyarch, they earned my trust. Just a few days ago I booted BO3 again after a bit, and hell, it still is the best playing Call Of Duty this generation. It just feels so much better than IW, WW2, Ghosts or AW. I'm sure that if all else fails they'll deliver a fun and exciting multiplayer, and that's what I need the most.
Same here, COD really is my multiplayer fix. I trust them to provide a good game.

I can't wait to jump back into Domination, hopefully play with Era this time around, get some great steaks finally , and go ham xD

I really like the share feature on PS4, I mostly used it for BO3 only, to record those 92-6 games

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Really excited. I still have to play BLOPS 3 single player though, so I don't care too much with them dropping SP (which means I do care a little bit).

I hope it is still COD at its roots.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Same here, COD really is my multiplayer fix. I trust them to provide a good game.

I can't wait to jump back into Domination, hopefully play with Era this time around, get some great steaks finally , and go ham xD

I really like the share feature on PS4, I mostly used it for BO3 only, to record those 92-6 games

This time I'll probably join the community, of course it depends on the game's quality. I could definitely use some buddies from Era on Xbox.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
This might be the first AAA Battle Royale, right?
Will at least be interesting to see, if they monetize it in a traditional way or if they are more aggressive than PUBG or Fortnite.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
Low expectations for me. Didn't think 3 was good at all.

Only hype I have is for the rumored br mode. Will hop on that if it performs good given the poor state of pubg on Xbox.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Hyped because Black Ops 3 was the last decent COD game. They are the only studio than can make a functioning COD game.

Hopefully they reveal the Multiplayer first this time around instead of SP first, where we don't get MP reveals until August.

Jan 2, 2018
I'm mostly curious to see how the rumored Battle.net integration will work. I hope they make the PC version a focus. Destiny 2,for all the shit it had it's user base going through,has a very good PC version.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope we see a lot of the multiplayer. I really hope its not "here's our boring single player mode you have been playing for years with the same tired set pieces. Here is the story that is virtually regurgitated every couple of years. Please look forward to our multiplayer unveiling in two months time"

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Wasn't it rumored it's not boots on the ground?
I think, from what I remember, is that it all indicates boots on ground

We just got back to it on WW2, would not make sense to go back to advanced movement, I THINK activision said something like the next 3 games will be boots on ground.

One of the perks has a soldier climbing a ladder, why have that if not boots on ground. BO3 for example had no ladders to the adv movement etc

I guess we will see soon enough

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Battle Royal with a cartoony feel and lots of colour

Not sure if thats what I want to see but I think it will be a trend for a while

OP
OP
jorgejjvr

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I really hope we see a lot of the multiplayer. I really hope its not "here's our boring single player mode you have been playing for years with the same tired set pieces. Here is the story that is virtually regurgitated every couple of years. Please look forward to our multiplayer unveiling in two months time"
I also hope (if there is single player), to not focus all the time on it, and to show multiplayer and what it brings to the table

The good thing however, is that worse case scenario, they also have E3 next month to show more.

Metfanant

Oct 27, 2017
Still playing Black Ops 3 with my friends...we all hated IW...and WW2 didn't do it for us no matter how much we wanted it to work out...So we all really need this to be our new game

Cardon

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
I'm excited just to see if the rumors, both good and bad, were true and how, if any, the footage shown may skirt around any on-going dev issues.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
At this point in the FPS genre's life, and since I have never had any interesting the the zombie or single player of COD, unless they break from their usual MP formula (hallways and just sprinting and killing / dying 30 times a match), there is no way I could be excited - its a stale formula for ME (I'm an older than most here gamer - I've played COD since it wasn't popular - but I can see how these titles stay relevant to the 12-20 yr old market - they don't make these games so I want to keep playing - they make them so their target demographic does - I've sadly aged way out of that lol )

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
I'd buy it if it has Battle Royale. no joke. First person BR with CoD mechanics is best thing ever. I can't stand PUBGs RNG recoil or netcode and every other game is 3rd person.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait to hear how this is best game ever from all those Fortnite YouTubers attending the reveal event and how they can't wait for us to play it.

Deleted member 1074

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
coming from the fake leaks? to treyarch teasing its been a roller coaster but im cautiously optimistic for the reveal.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Just want to quick scope people in BR mode. COD gunplay with BR mode is going to be amazing. And plus the Chinese only release of COD online BR mode looked promising. Looking forward to what they do. If all true of course.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
One million dollars question for me : is it still have campaign? If yes, im on board.

U Know Me

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interested in multiplayer only I haven't played a campaign since MW2. I'm hoping they forget black ops 3 existed and stick to blops 1 and 2 style maps.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
On one hand I'm curious about the battle royal mode, but I mainly play CoD for the campaign, so I'm much less excited.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I don't want to be a downer but I don't see me enjoying or wanting to get this game. I was a big CoD fan a few years back, my favourite being MW3 (Yes, fight me, 3 is better than 2)
I'm honestly quite interested in seeing how the game pans out without single player and how the battle royale is. I mean people said Nuketown was crowded before, geez lol

U Know Me

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to be a downer but I don't see me enjoying or wanting to get this game. I was a big CoD fan a few years back, my favourite being MW3 (Yes, fight me, 3 is better than 2)
I'm honestly quite interested in seeing how the game pans out without single player and how the battle royale is. I mean people said Nuketown was crowded before, geez lol

100 player nuketown battle royal I'm in!

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Which rumor? There was a lot.

If the no campaign thing is still true I'm not interested. Love CoD MP but won't support them for dropping SP.

If they dropped single and didn't charge for map packs I would be fine with it. To much money is wasted on these expensive campaigns hardly anyone plays.

This is Activision though so even if the game is lacking content and has no single player they will still charge for map pack.