Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

View: https://x.com/BBEE_Global/status/1793955105164906627

Embracing Over Half a Million Moments of Trust

I'm the producer and director of BlazBlue Entropy Effect (BBEE), Michael Jiang. I am thrilled to announce that our inaugural buy-to-play game has achieved over 500,000 sales on Steam!

This marks an exciting milestone, showing that our bold shift to developing buy-to-play games is a viable strategy in the competitive market. We are so thankful for the fantastic support from our players. Without you, we might not have made it this far. Thanks to you, we are on our way to achieving great success.

After continuous improvements during the Early Access phase and overcoming the challenges following the official release, the BBEE team is now highly driven to develop new content. We've actively sought player feedback and rolled out 33 updates, incorporating over 560 content additions and optimizations.

Moreover, we are working hard on the Summer Update, including new playable characters, 2P Co-op Mind Training, new Elite enemy challenges, and more out-of-combat goals. These exciting new features are currently in extreme development and will soon be available for you to experience.

In addition, we have planned more new content for the future, including more playable characters, new levels, and the testing and release of the mobile version. These details will be revealed gradually along with the Summer Update. As we continue to communicate with you actively, we stand at a new starting point, filled with confidence for the future.

"BlazBlue: Entropy Effect" is always getting better, thanks to the hard work of both players and our team. As a way of saying thank you, we've released a new OST DLC, and it's free for everyone! We're really excited to keep working together to make "BlazBlue: Entropy Effect" even more impressive and to bring a fantastic experience to all of us.

FIGHT FOR GAME!

Considering their whole situation with losing funding and only a few of them still left and working for free until they secure funding... This makes me happy that they have managed to keep going long enough to ensure future support.

ozumas

Born to be Wise and Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 15, 2020
Great news for the studio, hope they can recover for that

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Great to hear. The game is super fun but my PC is struggling to run it without frame drops and stutter so I'm hoping for a PS5 port at some point.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even know this game existed. Is it a BlazBlue gacha?

No.

It's a Action Platformer Rogue-lite where you play as BlazBlue characters.

But the actual story/world isn't related to BlazBlue at all. The only aspect that is BlazBlue is who you select to do "Runs" with.

From my understanding it was originally a new IP, unrelated to BlazBlue, and when they got the license to use BlazBlue stuff, they replaced their existing gameplay characters with BlazBlue characters.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I jumped thinking a new game was announced. It happens every time this damn game is mentioned.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I remember when the demo came out, it was pretty mid and reception was weak. I wonder what they actually managed to fix if people are digging it now. Very interesting

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when the demo came out, it was pretty mid and reception was weak. I wonder what they actually managed to fix if people are digging it now. Very interesting

I can't speak for it's early version, since I only began playing with the 1.0 launch, but for me, the gameplay is just stupidly fun. Probably one of the best Rogue-lites from a purely combat perspective imho.

Rahfiki

Oct 28, 2017
LET'S FUCKING GO

This game is unreasonably good and I'm over the moon hearing it's doing well when I thought no one knew it existed. These developers translated Blazblue's mechanics to a roguelike so incredibly brilliantly and 1.0 is night and day from the beta.

If you like combat-focused roguelikes I can't recommend this enough. It's wild how much this game actually feels like Blazblue. Hakumen's counters are just perfect.

If you're curious about it just know that this only roguelike where you can hit-confirm damage into a guard break on a boss and if you're build is clean enough, if your inputs are tight, you can close out that entire fight with a combo you made on the fly based on the upgrades you've acquired on your run.

I talked about it on my personal channel pre-release and I'm ngl it's only gotten better

View: https://youtu.be/Ooox4Z53Iho?t=711
(very much not trying to self-promote I'm actually about to somewhat abandon this side channel, I just think this is the best way to show what this game is actually like )

The game has gotten so much better than when I made that video too. It might be a strong 8/10 for me. I think the combat may be one of the strongest in any roguelike I've ever played.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even know that was a thing, reception seems really positive too? Game looks a lot better than I expected, and it's currently on sale too, tempting.....

Feb 6, 2024
I'm happy for them, i gotta get back into it i did the early access and played the heck out of it, but i'm going to get back into it after i finish up a few other games this week

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Really happy for them! Had this on my Steam wishlist for a while. Might get it soon if it's not coming to console. Been on sale a couple of times already.

Dec 23, 2017
Oh yeah, that roguelite with Blazblue characters... how is it? Is it good?

Does it have Bullet? That was my main in Blazblue CF!

convo

Oct 25, 2017
When was this even announced ? Dont think ive ever heard of it which is kinda wild.
It feels like years ago, since it was a different type of game with Blazbue branding i didn't follow along. But i am glad they have found success in what they do, at least the IP can be said to have staying power and that it'll make a real return one day.

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
I've seen this around on Steam before, but I didn't know it was that good.

Fine y'all, I'll get it.

CerealKi11a

Chicken Chaser
May 3, 2018
Ended up picking it up. The combat is really snappy, and unlocking new characters is fun. The story and level design are meh. Overall a good time so far for the $15 I paid.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I 100%d the game before the last couple major updates. I gotta get back into it, but I'm sure they have neutralized my dash strategy by now.

DevilPuncher

"This guy are sick" and Aggressively Mediocre
Oct 25, 2017
Just wanted to update that I've gotten the game and that it's probably my favorite roguelike/lite I've played in years. More games need to adopt fighting game-esque mechanics—it legit feels like I'm beating up dummies in training mode when you really get going.