• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Lmfao theres actually a woman out there thinking all guide dogs all look like Shadow in Homeward Bound

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Why was she asked to leave the bus instead of the unhinged woman making unreasonable demands? Why do those people get their way more often?

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Not that it makes sense but I think that's because of the superstitions around black cats, which as far as I know aren't applicable to black dogs

From what I understand people just have a thing against black animals as black dogs have a harder time getting adopted just like black cats do. I think people just have a weird superstitious attitude about the color black (I mean it also is associated with death).

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Why was she asked to leave the bus instead of the unhinged woman making unreasonable demands? Why do those people get their way more often?

Where does it say that? At one point it says the woman with the guide dog decided to sit down and ignore the crazy lady so it sounds to me like she wasn't kicked off.

And yeah, this one I don't think is racism (though it is a funny quip, "being a dog while black" *grin*). Just a crazy lady who doesn't realize that guide dogs are not one specific type dog. Which is weird that she doesn't have an issue on to it not being a german shepherd cause I am pretty sure german shepherds are your stereotypical guide dog (least what I always thought of as one when I was a kid and was always depicted as one). Don't know where she got that guide dogs are only yellow labs.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
"guide dogs are yellow, not black"

giphy.gif

I am amazed at the level of human stupidity that exist.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Fucking moron

"She told me I was wrong. I decided at this point there was nothing I could say to educate this woman and that it wasn't worth my time. I instead chose to ignore her while she continued to talk nonsense."

She put the troll on ignore. Good. I mean, if someone is disputing that a guide dog cannot be black (YOUR fucking guide dog), like....what can you do other than wasting your time arguing with them?

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
the range of variety, breed, and color of service dogs is quite wide ya jerk

travisbickle

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where does it say that? At one point it says the woman with the guide dog decided to sit down and ignore the crazy lady so it sounds to me like she wasn't kicked off.

And yeah, this one I don't think is racism (though it is a funny quip, "being a dog while black" *grin*). Just a crazy lady who doesn't realize that guide dogs are not one specific type dog. Which is weird that she doesn't have an issue on to it not being a german shepherd cause I am pretty sure german shepherds are your stereotypical guide dog (least what I always thought of as one when I was a kid and was always depicted as one). Don't know where she got that guide dogs are only yellow labs.

Because she's an uneducated british person, and a big laborador model with a hole for coins in its head is the charity box for blind dogs outside shops.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
What the fuck with this story? I don't understand people who see something slightly different in real life that's different to their preconceptions and rather than accept it, they say "THIS IS NOT RIGHT HOW DARE YOU". To an adorable-as-hell dog no less.

Not that it makes sense but I think that's because of the superstitions around black cats, which as far as I know aren't applicable to black dogs
I think that's right, but I know black dogs are less likely (in general) to get adopted because they're less photogenic or some shit.

Try telling that to this guy:
gwrC1XBm.png

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
If someone screamed at my dog like that for no reason, I'd throw them off the bus

while it was moving.

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
Man how the hell do you get angry at a dog's color? Fuck that pos for verbally attacking a blind woman and her dog. It's a goddamn bus, sit yo ass down and mind your own fucking business??

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
Im too tired to compute all this stupidity. Is it so hard to just act like a decent human being and think before you talk and act nowadays?

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
That story makes my blood boil. Dealing with people who harass or doubt or police how you live your life with a disability is awful and happens more often than able-bodied people think.
Jesus fuck; why are people such assholes to the disabled?!
If you find out, let me know.

El Mariachi

Oct 31, 2017
Austria
It's about the dog being black not the owner.
It's about a women not liking dogs and being stupid and hence searching a reason to get the dog out of the bus...

I'm a bit confused as to why this is being turned into something about racism. The story gives no indication that the women would not have screamed the same thing with the dog being white.

game-biz

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously a mentally ill person. You can't be sane and start shit with a fucking blind person and start yelling nonsense.

Edit: No one actually believes this is racism, right? The title is being facetious lol. This is about a person who is so fucked up they have to pick a fight with a disabled person on the bus. An idiot. And probably racist, wouldn't surprise me; but here she is just being an idiot asshole.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised no other passengers called her out on her stupid shit.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
What's upsetting is that no one else told this wretch to shut the fuck up.

Seriously, you dumb bitch. Shut your stupid ass up. Society would be better off if you didn't exist. We're better off without your ignorance. Leave this girl and her dog alone.

I'd throw her in a rocket and launch her into the sun if I could. I honestly hate some people sometimes.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
This is has to be peak black history month.

Nothing can top this dumb shit

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Man, I can't imagine this. Such a beautiful dog!

I love black animals. Almost all of my cats have been black and my dream dog is a black lab! (Just need to find a bigger place first.)

Sad to see all of the discrimination they (both the woman and the dog) have received. It takes a "special" kind of person to hate on a guide dog.

PedroPanache

Oct 28, 2017
Ha. This was probably the no. 34. I live in the area and can easily imagine that it was probably the crazy drunk lady that I see get on that bus from time to time. I don't even understand why the woman, whoever she really is, was so alarmed that there was a dog on the bus in the first place, it's not uncommon for people to bring their dogs onto a bus. But, yeah, it did make me laugh that this was in my area.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I feel like this is a personal attack on myself because I've had atleast one lab in my house since I was born. They are the best dang doggos out there.

Oct 27, 2017
Bet she voted for Brexit.

In the UK at least, most guide dogs seem to be yellow labs. Of course this idiot is too stupid to realise that isn't stopping any other type of dog (especially one of the same breed) from being a guide dog.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
From what I understand people just have a thing against black animals as black dogs have a harder time getting adopted just like black cats do. I think people just have a weird superstitious attitude about the color black (I mean it also is associated with death).
Supposedly it's because they're "not photogenic" and their eyes don't contrast enough against their fur or some ridiculous shit like that.

Makes me sad to think people passed up on the black lab we adopted just because it didn't meet some bullshit criteria for "Instagram potential" (and oh how wrong they were).

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
goddamn...that woman was ignorant af. What worried me more was another quote from the girl though:

Megan went on to say that on previous occasions she has been spat at, stepped over, pushed out of the way and accused of being drunk.

What the fuckity fuck???!!! What kind of totally piece of a shit stain you have to be to do this to a disabled person?