Charamiwa

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I just learned Taliesin will host the official Warcraft Q&A. Can't believe I sat through his milquetoast Hong Kong relativism video bullshit when he knew full well he was already booked by Blizzard at the time. He even acted like his decision to go to the con was difficult to make. Fuck this guy.

Oct 26, 2017
Lol I just learned Taliesin will host the official Warcraft Q&A. Can't believe I sat through his milquetoast Hong Kong relativism video bullshit when he knew full well he was already booked by Blizzard at the time. He even acted like his decision to go to the con was difficult to make. Fuck this guy.

He's been stanning for Blizzard for years now, brushing off any and all critique when BfA came out as well. I'm not surprised.

Oct 27, 2017
It makes me sad when streamers I like continue to support blizzard. You'd think there's good people out there, but it's all an act. Just like how it was with blizzard from the very beginning.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely team "T&E are trash" so hearing that they're handling the Q&A definitely made me less interested.
Dunno, I actually like T's positive attitude. I also like that he isn't begging for likes and actuallytells people to thumb it down if they didn't like it.

Changes from the terrible WoW youtubers like Asmongold, Bellular and the likes

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Dunno, I actually like T's positive attitude. I also like that he isn't begging for likes and actuallytells people to thumb it down if they didn't like it.

Changes from the terrible WoW youtubers like Asmongold, Bellular and the likes

I don't like them either. It's hard for me to find any YouTube personalities that don't drive me out of my skull aside from the Bon Appetit gang.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like them either. It's hard for me to find any YouTube personalities that don't drive me out of my skull aside from the Bon Appetit gang.
I think T&E's weekly reset is fun, interesting and positive (Which in gaming is super rare nowadays) and they are prety pmuch controversies free.

I dunno, maybe it's the british accent that gets me every time.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I think T&E's weekly reset is fun, interesting and positive (Which in gaming is super rare nowadays) and they are prety pmuch controversies free.

I dunno, maybe it's the british accent that gets me every time.

His accent is sexy, no doubt.

but I also find his overly positive attitude to be grating and I feel it comes off really... fake. Not trying to discount what you like about him - I just .... idk. Something about them rubs me the wrong way.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
His accent is sexy, no doubt.

but I also find his overly positive attitude to be grating and I feel it comes off really... fake. Not trying to discount what you like about him - I just .... idk. Something about them rubs me the wrong way.
Yeah I think I just like their attitude since it'S as far removed from "WAHH ANGRY GAMER" as it can possibly be while at the same time beeing critical of things that don't work (they've been very critical of the initial neck implementation for instance)

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Yeah I think I just like their attitude since it'S as far removed from "WAHH ANGRY GAMER" as it can possibly be while at the same time beeing critical of things that don't work (they've been very critical of the initial neck implementation for instance)

Make no mistake though - ANGRY GAMERS RAHHHHHR piss me off too.

basically I can only stomach (lol) food videos and toy reviews.

Grain Silo

Dec 15, 2017
It makes me sad when streamers I like continue to support blizzard. You'd think there's good people out there, but it's all an act. Just like how it was with blizzard from the very beginning.

I'm in a similar boat. I like Preach's content but it was obvious from the outset of this mess that he's never going to criticize Blizz for anything outside of pure gameplay issues because afaik he's pretty apolitical and he's made it abundantly clear that he's afraid of anything harming his relationship with Blizzard because of his leveling exploit ban from earlier this year.

I think it's something worth keeping in the back of your head when you follow content creators like these who have their livelihoods attached to franchises and media, because it's one thing to have biases towards something you love and it's another thing entirely when you're getting your paycheck from it.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've never watched or paid much attention to Blizzcon before, but I am considerably excited this year for...reasons.

I'm just wondering how much of the events are livestreamed. I really want to tune in to see the "spirited passion" attendees are no doubt looking to unleash.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
I've never watched or paid much attention to Blizzcon before, but I am considerably excited this year for...reasons.

I'm just wondering how much of the events are livestreamed. I really want to tune in to see the "spirited passion" attendees are no doubt looking to unleash.

The opening ceremony is free, but (in a new change this year) all the Mythic stage (main stage) panels on Friday are free to watch.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
So despite all the political stupidity by blizzard

in terms of pure game content this could be one of the best blizzcons ever Diablo 4 Overwatch 2 and WOW Shadowlands

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really excited for this and I dont even like any Blizzard games tbh. Kudos Blizzard, I'm in for the shit storm and nothing else

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
Likely, but any time they're reminded that people are pissed with their cowardly bullshit is a + by me, and while they might be able to control the questions I doubt they'll get by the whole thing without a few reminders.
Reactions on social medias have already died down a lot. A week ago all their fb posts had a majority of angry smileys, this week there's barely any and few comments about the controversy so...

So you should keep your expectations low

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in a similar boat. I like Preach's content but it was obvious from the outset of this mess that he's never going to criticize Blizz for anything outside of pure gameplay issues because afaik he's pretty apolitical and he's made it abundantly clear that he's afraid of anything harming his relationship with Blizzard because of his leveling exploit ban from earlier this year.

I think it's something worth keeping in the back of your head when you follow content creators like these who have their livelihoods attached to franchises and media, because it's one thing to have biases towards something you love and it's another thing entirely when you're getting your paycheck from it.
It's still pretty gross and cowardly. Lots of people have a paycheck tied to awful organizations, and we don't give them a pass.
Reactions on social medias have already died down a lot. A week ago all their fb posts had a majority of angry smileys, this week there's barely any and few comments about the controversy so...

So you should keep your expectations low
I'm still seeing lots of ongoing negative reactions out there.

Corsick

Oct 27, 2017
Would fit in with Blizzard's killing of that Starcraft FPS to focus development resources on Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2
And with them having restarted development potentially multiple times, I don't believe their leash is as long as people think. Activision will absolutely tell them to push it out the door if they drag their feet too long, and I think they may be at that point.

Last edited:

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
EH5vSluXYAAkgrl.png:large

Here's hoping NONE OF THIS is true

But it was posted in June, so...
They got the two Alliance races for WoW right... :/ That's pretty specific...Let's hope it's fake but if it's not...for fucks sake this company has gone some places the last few years.

Edit: Disregard this.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
They got the two Alliance races for WoW right... :/ That's pretty specific...Let's hope it's fake but if it's not...for fucks sake this company has gone some places the last few years.
The two allied races were a common topic for rumors well beforehand (speculation started all the way back in Blizzcon '18 when the Mechagnomes were unveiled) and there was already scripting datamined well beforehand that indicated the Vulpera were going to be playable.

It's fake.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The two allied races were a common topic for rumors well beforehand and there was already scripting datamined well beforehand that indicated the Vulpera were going to be playable.

It's fake.
Yeah already edited my post. Imagine if D4 was that lol. The meltdowns...And I'd probably be part of it.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
i was at blizzcon last year and played Diablo Immortal on the show floor. I actually like it and am bummed that they've been radio silent on it since then (but I understand/get why). I really hope that they surprise drop it during the opening ceremony tomorrow. But I also won't be surprised if they don't even mention it. :/

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Im going to leave work at 145 and pick up a pizza on the walk home. Looking forward to watching the opening ceremony.

Here's to hoping they can turn around WoW and overwatch. I have faith d4 will be pretty good.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
Someone on Reddit just leaked some supposedly authentic Diablo 4 information. Take it with a grain of salt, but their post history does show credible leaks in the past.

Diablo 4 Reddit leak

The information seems realistic enough, and falls within expectations I've had. Interested to see if it's legit.

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
i was at blizzcon last year and played Diablo Immortal on the show floor. I actually like it and am bummed that they've been radio silent on it since then (but I understand/get why). I really hope that they surprise drop it during the opening ceremony tomorrow. But I also won't be surprised if they don't even mention it. :/

"....and speaking of Diablo Immortal, you may notice we have no play areas set for it. That's because it's already available right now!"

That would be pretty sick

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Don't be surprised if we see some trademarks tomorrow.

Blizzard has been getting better about keeping them secret (in Battle for Azeroth's case, the trademark came out hours before the opening Ceremony).

Deleted member 1190

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so, we may have some D4 information leaking. A redditor with a seemingly reliable track record just shared the following.

Obviously take with a grain of salt, but none of it seems unreasonable. And again, this history tracks.

Diablo 4 is actually going to look dark, gritty and gross - no more rainbow shiny bullshit this time! Loactions are toned down, infrequently laid with corpses, wasteland, greyish deserts, clut caves surrounded by flesh, rotten crypts, marshes and bogs, plagued cities you name it. They are also seemingly much bigger, maybe even open? Characters now are able to ride horses (possibly other mounts), also there's contextual interaction with environment ? - climbing a wall Lost Ark style. Blood splatters look more like blood and not splashed jam too.

So far i can confirm 3 classes: mage (uses fire, ice and lightning so far), barbarian (swords, clubs, axes, kicks etc), and druid (lightning, wind, and transforming into beasts - so far bear and werewolf!).

Possibly there will be PvP from the start?. 4 player coop is there for sure.

All this game seems to be is a W I N K to the Diablo 2 fans, Lilith being the new diablo (she's covered in blood veil kinda), characters being shown sitting at a campfire as character selection, nitty gritty dark style that 2 was praised for, some skills also seem to be just taken from it and put in here (like sorceress' charged bolt). I'm interested and hope they don't fuck this up. The company is bad, but the game might not be this time.

2 points with "?" are just because it's not clear to me tbh... let's see what they say at the conference

no date yet too.. sorry.. If any questions I will answer later

MerluzaSamus

Dec 3, 2018