• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Not sure if this was posted, but Gemini, who did Classic Rebirth (RE1, RE 2, RE 3), fixed some stuff for the Blood Omen 2 and Soul Reaver 2 PC releases:

classicrebirth.com

Blood Omen 2: Re-vamped

DOWNLOADS & RELEVANT LINKS Re-vamped DLL Troubleshooting and how to install WHAT'S RE-VAMPED? Re-vamped is a plug&play patch (i.e. just one DLL, no extra fiddling required) aimed at fixing several problems with the Steam and GOG digital releases of Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2.
classicrebirth.com

Soul Reaver 2: Soul Fixer

DOWNLOADS & RELEVANT LINKS Soul Fixer DLL Troubleshooting and how to install WHAT'S SOUL FIXER? Soul Fixer is a plug&play patch (i.e. just one DLL, no extra fiddling required) aimed at fixing several problems with the Steam and GoG digital releases of Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2.

You can use the original physical release, Steam release or GoG release.
I used the GoG release, worked without issues, XInput controller (8bit do Pro 2) works flawlessly.

Last edited:

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow I own these on Steam but the input issues were a pain. Absolutely amazing to see this fixed and more so will give these another spin soon.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Oh holy shit, that's dope. Playing Blood Omen 2 especially was an absolutely nightmare and I ended up switching over to the Original Xbox version because the PC version was so hard tu run properly. I managed a bit better with Soul Reaver 2, but there was still a lot of work involved. This is awesome!

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I remember trying SR2 once, and it was running at Looney Tunes speed at higher frame rates, so this is great news.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Did they fix the bug in SR2 where if you scared away some crows before entering a Shrine you would get locked in?

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I know what I'm doing with my Rog Ally this week. Anything about Defiance (the first Soul Reaver, I use the emulated Dreamcast version)?

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
When I played it Soul Reaver 2 on PC consistently crashed every 1-2 hours, which was a pretty big issue when the game has long unskippable cutscenes and spaced out save points; if this fixes that it's a pretty big deal.

OP
OP
NovumVeritas

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
Mega I guess? Haha I am bad with computer.
Mega sounds like a good idea, don't worry haha :)
Did they fix the bug in SR2 where if you scared away some crows before entering a Shrine you would get locked in?
Good question. I only played a little bit of the beginning. After you leave the sanctuary and have talked with Moebius.
Nice, I know what I'm doing with my Rog Ally this week. Anything about Defiance (the first Soul Reaver, I use the emulated Dreamcast version)?
Unfortunately nothing on defiance yet. But I was curious too. I hope Gemini is doing there something too.