• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 30, 2017
I think this shows that the gaming world is ready for more Bloodborne. And they'll take what they can get right now.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
If only there was a way for a certain company to take advantage of this hunger.

Elliott

Oct 25, 2017
call it a hunch, but im thinking a pc port of bloodborne would do pretty well.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
I beat it in about 3-4 hours, it was a treat. Very impressed with their work on it. Being able to run Bloodborne at a consistently high framerate felt so nice.

It also hit that perfect sweetspot of ps1 nostalgia for me. That artstyle with less faithful gameplay mechanics would be so nice.

Freshmaker

Oct 28, 2017
Hmph. A true demake would have featureless NPC's like From favored at the time...

No really this game is an amazing effort. Don't really see what's happening in this in many real PS games that had budgets.

Oct 27, 2017
Damn

Still need to give it a shot at some point. Wether it is the PSX asthetic or Bloodborne, I hope they take notes that this kind of thing still have tons of fans.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
It's not the full game, just an adaptation of the first area through Gascoine.

But yes, give me my PS5 remaster, Sony.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
how does this work? is it it's own thing you just download or do you need to have bought it on PS4? is it some kind of PS4 emulation? bloodborne is NOT on PC so it's not a mod. so what is it?

sony hurry up and put the game on PC for goodness sake.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
i know that but how are they doing it? do you play it on PS4 or PC? if it's PC then how is the game running on PC (ps1 graphics or not)??

It is a fan made PC game. That's all it is. It is essentially a parody (not in a disparaging way).

It is the level design and mechanics and aesthetics of Bloodborne remade in a different engine mimicking the look of a PS1 game.

Oct 27, 2017
i know that but how are they doing it? do you play it on PS4 or PC? if it's PC then how is the game running on PC (ps1 graphics or not)??

On PC. They basically remade the first level/part of BB to make it look like an old PS1 game.

youtu.be

Bloodborne PSX Demake Full Playthrough!

Get the Demake here: https://b0tster.itch.io/bbpsxThis was INSANE! Incredibly true to Bloodborne with added content too! This encompasses the first area of t...

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
It is a fan made PC game. That's all it is. It is essentially a parody (not in a disparaging way)
On PC. They basically remade the first level/part of BB to make it look like an old PS1 game.

youtu.be

Bloodborne PSX Demake Full Playthrough!

Get the Demake here: https://b0tster.itch.io/bbpsxThis was INSANE! Incredibly true to Bloodborne with added content too! This encompasses the first area of t...
ah ok thanks. i just had it in my head that they took the game and modded it lol. oh well.

Oct 27, 2017
It's almost like people like the PS1, Sony.

Jimbo: 'The PS1???'

ImpressiveElatedComet-size_restricted.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Worth nothing is that the game is redesigned to actually work like a PS1 game (even though it's entirely made for PCs in Unreal). It has exactly what you'd expect, including being cut into small areas with loading inbetween, low resolution chunky interface, spinning low poly items in menus, controls with only d-pad movement and so on. It's both a love letter to Bloodborne and to 32 bit 3D gaming.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Does the creator plan to do other parts as well?
If not, they better be ready to be bombarded for requests to do it, lol.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Does the person who made this have a Patreon? I have to think that if it gets that many downloads there has to be a way to monetize this into being a full time job.

TetraGenesis

Oct 27, 2017
Worth nothing is that the game is redesigned to actually work like a PS1 game (even though it's entirely made for PCs in Unreal). It has exactly what you'd expect, including being cut into small areas with loading inbetween, low resolution chunky interface, spinning low poly items in menus, controls with only d-pad movement and so on. It's both a love letter to Bloodborne and to 32 bit 3D gaming.

Yeah, that's what really elevates it for me. It could have been much less and still remained cool, but those touches make it truly special.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a PC to play this, and it's probably too hard for me. But next week I think I might fire up the Nightmare Creatures games on PS3. The first one was almost proto-BB.